PDA

View Full Version : track records

matt batson
10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I know this has been covered before, by my search didnt turn up anything. Is there a one stop shop for track records in North America for IT?
I'm especially interested in CMP, Road Atlanta, and Lowes for ITB...
I have tried searching all over, even googled it, but no luck
thanks
matt

zracre
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
http://www.arrc-online.com/

that is the link for road atlanta...the others i dont know...anyone?

matt batson
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
oh, so as not to start another topic...

I just heard from Sports Car Authority, after tuning my fuel pressure regulator, that I was making 82 hp at the wheels (sorry, dont know which kind of dyno, I'll find out...)

So :P anyone else want to post up their HP figures?

I'm really curious how much I'm gonna need to beat all of you at the ARRC next year :figo:

I have a junkyard motor with about 80K miles, no smoke, with header and fresh air intake. My motor stock, 1300cc, is supposed to make 100hp and 83lb torque stock...

zooracer
10-13-2005, 11:17 PM
well, Randy Pobst in a Honda Accord in 2001?
I know Road Atlanta is a HP track, wonder what year accord he was running?

I know, I know, but it's Randy...still, gotta have HP to make good numbers at RA, right?

Have to find out what year Accord he had...

madrabbit15
10-13-2005, 11:33 PM
From my experience from running in the region in ITB the following are what you should be shooting for in ITB.........

CMP High 1:57s
LOWES Low 1:28s
Atlanta Low 1:48s

They may not be the records but those times will put you pretty competitive with the best an any of those tracks.

With your car CMP should probably be the eaisiest to reach that goal as it is very tight, I would think it is going to be very difficult to get to those times at Atlanta and Lowes.

Derek Ketchie

zracre
10-14-2005, 09:03 AM
http://www.buccaneerregion.org/roeblingrecords.html

heres roebling...

Andy Bettencourt
10-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by zracre@Oct 14 2005, 09:03 AM

heres roebling...

How can that ITA record be right???? :119:

AB

Eagle7
10-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by zracre@Oct 14 2005, 09:03 AM

heres roebling...

Pretty interesting the Rick Thompson's IT7 record is only 0.37 faster than the B record.

zooracer
10-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Well Derek, those are some fast times for ITB.
I'm pretty new to this, but I am hoping to turn some fast times at CMP this weekend.
I'll post them up next week.

From looking at RA results for ITB, it seems like the 2002's and volvo's and such do well there. I guess from the extra torque...

Soooooooo, nobody willing to post up their HP ? :rolleyes:

racer14itc
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by zooracer@Oct 14 2005, 03:07 PM
Well Derek, those are some fast times for ITB.
I'm pretty new to this, but I am hoping to turn some fast times at CMP this weekend.
I'll post them up next week.

From looking at RA results for ITB, it seems like the 2002's and volvo's and such do well there. I guess from the extra torque...

Soooooooo, nobody willing to post up their HP ? :rolleyes:

Just as a reference point, the BSI ITC Sciroccos would make 90-91 hp at the wheels on the dyno down there... ;)

MC

racer14itc
10-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Eagle7@Oct 14 2005, 01:22 PM
Pretty interesting the Rick Thompson's IT7 record is only 0.37 faster than the B record.

Yeah but at VIR, Ricky's IT7 lap record is FIVE seconds faster than the ITB record. :119:

http://www.ncrscca.com/Pdf/RECORDS.pdf

MC

RacerBowie
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Oct 14 2005, 09:15 AM
How can that ITA record be right???? :119:

AB

I think that car was chained to a GT1 car when the lap record was set.

A legitimate ITA lap record for Roebling would be somewhere around 1:23.5 or thereabouts.

Bowie

RSTPerformance
10-14-2005, 12:51 PM
HP numbers eh... That is top secret!!! JK :P

Audi claims that stock we have around 115hp in the ITB Coupes, but who knows... We have not done a lot to the motors, but we seem to have great power as compaired to VW's.

Never been on a dyno, and unless we have a sponsor (or anyone else willing to pay for it) I doubt we will ever put the cars on a dyno. Rather spend a weekend at the track than 45 min. on a dyno ;).

I say that now, but everyone keeps telling me that we could get so much more out of the cars if we put them on a dyno and "tuned" stuff. Maybe if I ever get rich!!!

Raymond "who needs a dyno" Blethen

PS: At Road Atlanta we would hope to be solidly into the 47's by next year.

zooracer
10-14-2005, 02:10 PM
ITC cars at 91hp! Ouch...

I realize I still have time to get from the driver, and a few suspension tweaks and such. I was just wondering that when the time comes for more HP, just exactly what I'm competing against.

Of course all cars are different, with diff. torque curves, weight, etc..

I didnt expect to have my car on the dyno. Went to pick it up and he said he had put it on to tune the regulator. Said the engine didnt resond very well to any fuel pressure adjustments...

So far as IT7 times compared to ITB...I cant even come close to staying in the draft of an IT7 car.
On the long as heck straightway at Lowes, they were blowing by me.

Of course, so were the SM&#39;s <_<

RSTPerformance
10-14-2005, 02:33 PM
ITB cars can&#39;t stay with RX-7&#39;s in IT trim (if the RX-7 is built and driven well) in thier current "status"... thats why they have not been moved to ITB... As far as adding weight and changing wheel sizes... well that might be a different story, but for now, I wouldn&#39;t worry about staying with an IT7 car or a SM, both should be faster at MOST tracks as of current.

Good luck with your build, and don&#39;t worry so much about HP right away, All the HP in the world wont win races if you havn&#39;t mastered the suspension and driving abilities as those are key and should be your first priority.

Raymond

zooracer
10-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I know, driving ability is key.

My comment on SM&#39;s was meant as humurous as I constantly hear SM drivers say how slow their cars are on the straightways. :P

The fact that you have no development time in the motor on your Audi says something about the competitiveness of that model. I mean, your racing in the top three at the ARRC (which is a HP track) against ITB cars with lots of money/time in their motors.
Maybe you should be in ITA :P

Anybody going to CMP this weekend?