PDA

View Full Version : ARRC PARKING

R RACER
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Who will be responsible for ARRC parking this year?, is it Fletcher? does anyone have his email address? Bob Pink are you out there to help us NER folk? Thanks.

bobpink
10-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by R RACER@Oct 12 2005, 11:33 PM
Who will be responsible for ARRC parking this year?, is it Fletcher? does anyone have his email address? Bob Pink are you out there to help us NER folk? Thanks.

Anthony, Pretty sure it will be Fletcher and Sandy again this year, but I will find out. Know that you NER guys like to paddock in the same area.

Catch22
10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Typically Fletcher will post here and tell folks what to do.
Probably within the next week or so.

R2 Racing
10-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Yea, this is a good question. I'm going to have about 70ft of RV and trailer - it and I rather enjoyed our middle of the skid pad parking spot last year.

bobpink
10-13-2005, 10:10 AM
For the NER guys, we'll do the best we can to get you parked near one another. We will have parking info posted on the ARRC website in the near future.

R2 Racing
10-13-2005, 11:26 AM
How about a CenDiv section? For all like......5 of us. :blink:

Sandy
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Fletcher and I will take some reservations, set up the paddock, and park at the ARRC again this year. I plan to create a document with paddock and parking information to be posted on both the ARRC and Atlanta Region websites. I will post a msg. on this forum when those posts are on the websites. Hope to get it done before 10/17. Sandy

Greg Amy
10-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Sandy/Fletch, I can't say enough for your efforts. I remember how helpful you were in '03 (last time I was there).

As we've done in prior years, I think it's a good idea for the NE folks (and other groups) that wish to park together to pick a "point man" for Sandy and Fletcher to deal with; it makes it easier on all involved. That point man is to gather who's showing up for which compound, and what vehicles they are bringing (both race and tow). I'm aware of at least two toter/tractor-trailers coming from New England, along with probably a half dozen trucks/single-car trailers. If we coordinate it makes it much easier than simply showing up and demanding to park with specific people. - GA

tom_sprecher
10-13-2005, 08:09 PM
It is very handy for us if you know what the overall length of each members trailer or rig is and have it written down. For anyone who has been here before there are restrictions to what can park where due to the amount of space available. Please try to get as many cars under one roof and park as close to your neighbor as safely possible.

Thanks,

mlytle
10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
pardon the dumb q's, but i haven't been to ra before...

is there power for trailers available in the paddock?

are there showers?

thanks,
marshall
normally its, but running an srx7 at the arrc..

tom_sprecher
10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
There is power available mainly around the perimeter of the paddock and in the middle where the semi's have to park. If you have a generator bring it, otherwise get a couple of long extension cords (50' each). There are showers as well.

mlytle
10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
thanks!

dj10
10-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Oct 13 2005, 05:43 PM
I think it's a good idea for the NE folks (and other groups) that wish to park together to pick a "point man" for Sandy and Fletcher to deal with; it makes it easier on all involved.

I nominate GregAmy Point man for NE parking. All in favor say AYE. He's been there before and knows the people. :happy204:

dj10

Mike Cox
10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Tom;

if I can indulge you to save me a spot, I will arriving Saturday morning and I have a 42' Motorhome and a 24' trailer so I'm pushing 70' of total length.

Preferably a easy access spot. Remember I'm old I can't drive as good as i used to. If you saw Rob May's post on "Who'll win IT7" you will understand.

Also can you let me know when the AARP IT7 race will be.

Mike

Sandy
10-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Looks like we have two ARRC Parking topics going here. Anyway, the Paddock Parking guidelines are posted on the ARRC website. Thanks, Bob you do us a great job keeping the site updated. The email for parking is located in the document. It's my way of encouraging you to read the document. Sandy

Greg Amy
10-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by dj10@Oct 23 2005, 12:06 PM
I nominate GregAmy Point man for NE parking. All in favor say AYE.

Aye. Contact me with your rig details (if you haven't already...)

bldn10
10-25-2005, 10:28 AM
"tow vehicles are not to be parked in open paddock space at any time."

Does this truly mean that I can't have my Tahoe, containing all my spare parts, tools, fluids, personal items, power, etc., next to my car? Why does an enclosed trailer get to stay but not a truck that serves many of the same purposes? Every race car ought to have space for 1 support vehicle.

RacerBowie
10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by bldn10@Oct 25 2005, 10:28 AM
"tow vehicles are not to be parked in open paddock space at any time."

Does this truly mean that I can't have my Tahoe, containing all my spare parts, tools, fluids, personal items, power, etc., next to my car? Why does an enclosed trailer get to stay but not a truck that serves many of the same purposes? Every race car ought to have space for 1 support vehicle.

They mean if a paddock space near yours is unoccupied (like during the test day) not to park your support vehicles there.

They will be parking people pretty much all day and won't like delays trying to find people to move their cars.

charrbq
10-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Normally, and this year especially, they try to restrict the amount of vehicles in the paddock to one race car and one support vehicle...whether it be Tahoe or enclosed trailer. Sometimes they are more leanient than others. It all depends on where you are. <_<

Catch22
10-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I think by "open" paddock space they mean spaces where no cars are supposed to be. Traditionally the paddock spots have been big enough for your car and your tow vehicle or your enclosed trailer.

tom_sprecher
10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
The last three replies have summarized what we try to maintain while parking everyone.

Keep the number of support vehicles to a minimum, preferably only the one that towed the trailer. If you expect a lot of fans get them to park out of the paddock area and carpool to your spot.

Do not park support vehicles anywhere except in your assigned spot, the best place being at the end of your trailer. Paddock space is at a preminum and cars unnecessarily parked where trailers have to park compounds the issue.

Typically, as the weekend progresses and people leave, the problem of enough space for everyone diminishes. This year may be different. With the added events on Sunday I feel the paddock will be full the entire weekend.

On behalf of everyone trying to get all you guys parked where you want please be patient as we try to accomdate everyone&#39;s needs as best we can. However, due to the need to maintain open fire roads certain size rigs must park in designated areas. Feel free to e-mail me with your requests.

One last item. Please park as close to you neighbor as physically possible. You would be amazed at how 1-3 feet extra between each rig can add up to 3-4 spaces we could have parked trailers in.

Thanks,

Sandy
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
We are expecting about 300 cars this weekend. Please be prepared to park closely. Inches add up to feet and an extra paddock space. I want all of you on this side of the creek on the pavement. Although the "back forty" grass is very nice and the mosquites are very social. They don&#39;t bite after it gets below 60 degrees.

SRX7#27
11-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi all, making my first trip to Road Atlanta this weekend and hope to be able to paddock a few of the DC region Spec 7&#39;s together. If I am running the practice day and arrive before the other cars, can I reserve a space adjacent to mine for the guys arriving Thursday night? We usually cram 4 or 5 Spec 7&#39;s in two spaces.. -Al G

Sandy
11-08-2005, 02:41 PM
You may save space IF you have discussed with the people you want to save space for and they agree. When they arrive at the track, they must park in the saved space. You must also know the size of their trailers (if enclosed) or MH, otherwise we won&#39;t know how much space to save. We allocate space by the inch. If you race at Summit Point, you know about crowded paddock space.