PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Attendance/Travel Plans?

Greg Amy
10-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Time to start the annual "Who from the NE is going to the ARRC?" thread.

First off, let me clarify that I'm not certain in any shape or form to be going. However, I have had a sucky year and I want to race, so I'm gaining momentum. Second, I know we're all getting hammered with travel costs this year, so I have a plan that may allow more to go while saving money/sharing costs.

Best I can figure, the round-trip will be about 2000 miles. I tow with a V-10 (tows most excellently) so you can imagine I'm facing some daunting fuel costs. Same goes for you, no doubt, regardless what your tow beast is. Well, I spoke to Richard Hunter last night; as you may know he's got a three-car trailer. He's going down there for the ARRC, and has two slots available. Like us, he's looking at some serious fuel costs and is interesting in taking two others cars with him to reduce out-of-pocket expenses, and I'm talking to him about taking my car and some limited equipment to Atlanta. The answer to your next question is: I do not know what a slot will cost, he's got to get back to me on that.

So then lies the next logistical problem: how to get myself down to Atlanta? I have a few options: I could take a commercial flight down there, flights into Hartsfield are running about $400 R/T (but I'd have to rent a car and deal with commercial aviation!). I could fly down in my small airplane, but I'd spend ~$450 in fuel costs and still have to rent a car (but get there in 6-ish hours). I could drive my street car down there (~$275 in gas), spending about half the fuel costs as the airplane, but taking 2-3 times as long.

The other option I'm thinking about is my tow vehicle. It's a one-ton 15-passenger Ford extended van. When I use it for towing I can stuff just about my entire racing life in there. If I put in all the seats I can stuff in my extended family! So here's what I'm thinking: if there are several of us that are going down there, how about we share expenses and driving responsibilities in the van? I'm figuring it'll take about ~$450-500 in fuel round-trip and I've got space for up to 15 people-who-like-each-other-a-lot, or any combination less than that with space for elbows and stuff. We can coordinate amongst ourselves multi-car trailers to get the vehicles down there, have to deal with less vehicles in the paddock, and save everyone money in the process.

A seed of an idea, looking for comment and feedback. - GA

gran racing
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
How many people could you fit in your plane?

Greg Amy
10-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Oct 12 2005, 11:03 AM
How many people could you fit in your plane?

Four, including myself, with overnight kits; three with duffles (it's a weight, not space, restriction). I leave that as an alternative, assuming there are only one or two takers...GA

dazzlesa
10-12-2005, 03:20 PM
greg i would love to go. i am open to ideas. driving down by myself is a looong drive. can you find out what would rich look for? rick ITA #06

dickita15
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
I bet ritchie could take some extra luggage.

Tkczecheredflag
10-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I spoke to Richie today as well. I heard from Anthony S. he was looking to carry a load to RA. He said if he had two cars he was looking $600.00 each. I ageed to the $600.00. I won't speak for him but he said he would call Greg tonight and see if that worked for him. If so I think he's good to go.

Greg Amy
10-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I just spoke to Richard and made a verbal commitment to him. I asked him to find someone as an alternate, just in case we can't have the NX ready in time.

I suggest it's a great idea that if others may have space to take cars down that we work together. If you have a good truck, and maybe know of someone that has a two-car trailer, let's work together and save some time and hassles. No point in having 6-7 separate trucks pulling single-car trailers all going down separately, especially if we're planning on caravanning anyway.

So, my next hurdle is how do I/we get down there? Who's interested in ride sharing, and in which vehicle? I'm flexible as need be, and I'm willing to take any of the above methods to get down there. My plans are to travel Wednesday to be there for the Thursday test session. At this point, if it's only going to be me and Matt, I suspect we'll probably drive my Audi or take the airplane (although I think it's going to be a stretch to talk Matt into flying). If the body count increases to 4 total or more, I'm willing to take the van. - GA

Tkczecheredflag
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
I would still consider driving/towing down if things didn't work out with RIchie. If I could get my hands on a two car trailer I have an '03 Hemi Quad Cab (a thristy girl but she pulls good). I beleive I could haul two cars, one passenger and spares confortablly with a two car trailer. Another passenger would be tighter as I usually put stuff in the back seat in case of rain. I susspect I would get 9-10 MPG.

lateapex911
10-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Greg- I would like to attend, but work issues mean I need to fly. I'd be happy to be the third in the plane, and we could slit a spiffy rental car too.

Fri nite to Sunday night is my time slot.

Email me if you are interested.

Greg Amy
10-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Tim, keep me in mind. I'm sure we could work something out. Richie told me he has a two-car trailer and a pickup with a Duramax (which is what he was planning to take prior to my inquiring about this), so even if one of us bails there's still an opportunity for the other. I also happens to know someone with a two-car enclosed, but I hesitate to ask him (I don't know him that well but my crew chied does).

Jake, YOU KNOW I'd jump at the chance to drive/fly with you (but we'll have ot get better food than the last time we went flying...). Unfortunately, if I'm to drive the event I have to be there for Friday at the latest; that's the practice/qually day. 'Bout the only reason I'd go down Friday would be if I'm not racing and want to spectate (which, if it happens that way, is certainly a consideration). - GA

lateapex911
10-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, Greg you KNOW you have a standing offer to any dinner/lunch in easy flying distance from me! I figure I owe you a better meal than last time!

Sigh..well, I wonder if Jet Blue goes anywhere near RA??

Racerboy03
10-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Oct 13 2005, 02:57 AM

Sigh..well, I wonder if Jet Blue goes anywhere near RA??

Jake, if you find cheaper flights into Charlotte I can give you a ride to RA from there. I think I am leaving Weds. night though to do the thursday test, and will be coming back to Charlotte sat. night or sunday. Anyways, throwing it out there let me know.

-Mark

dazzlesa
10-13-2005, 07:35 AM
greg
i was thinking of towing my car down. i have a yukon xl. two friends might come with me. i beleive 2 more could fit. it can sit up to seven but i think that would be over crowded. if this helps you or somebody else let me know. i would go down on wednesday. rick

Greg Amy
10-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Rick, right now I'm the only one that is planning on going down, although I'm sure my crew chief will decide to come down with me (he's a sucker for beer, food, and Southern Belles). So, I'd suggest that if no one else contacts me for additional seating, I'd like to consider your two extra seats and share the costs with you.

Tell you what: I'll be the point-man for the ride-sharing. Anyone that wants a ride or has a seat available, contact me via private messaging, with what you've got/require and what your travel date is. I'll coordinate the ride-share. We'll get this worked out; I have no doubt there will be plenty of seats available for interested folks. - GA

Greg Amy
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Would everyone from the Northeast who is planning to go to the ARRC please contact me with your truck, trailer, and race car details? I'll gather the info and coordinate it with the ARRC parking team so we can paddock together.

http://www.arrc-online.com/news_2005/news_arrcparking.html

Chee, quit yer whining: get your car prepped; you're goin'.

Racerboy03
10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Oct 21 2005, 01:31 AM
Would everyone from the Northeast who is planning to go to the ARRC please contact me with your truck, trailer, and race car details? I'll gather the info and coordinate it with the ARRC parking team so we can paddock together.

http://www.arrc-online.com/news_2005/news_arrcparking.html

Chee, quit yer whining: get your car prepped; you're goin'.

Greg,

Ill have a Tahoe tow vehicle and a 21-foot open trailer.

-Mark C.
ITA Integra #17 Blue/Red

RP Performance
10-21-2005, 07:02 AM
I will be going down just to help Ken Zalner in the Spec Miata. I would love to race but have used up the budget for this year.

Greg Amy
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
On edit: list updated towards end of thread...

Tkczecheredflag
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Oct 25 2005, 03:20 PM
This is the latest tentative list I have of folks that have contacted me. Note my emphasis on "tentative"; some of us have not yet firmed up plans. If you are not on this list, and wish to be paddocked with us, please contact me via PM.

Note that all open trailers will need to be parked down at the bottom of the hill, away from the paddock. If I do tow down my enclosed trailer, I have no issue with folks locking stuff in there during the weekend; I'm guessing the same would go for the others with trailers.

As of 10/25/05:
Anthony Serra, ITA Acura Integra. 75-foot toter home and trailer.
Anthony Serra, SPU Acura Integra, coming in above trailer.
Jason Adamski, ITA Acura Integra, coming in above trailer.

Richie Hunter, ITA Acura Integra, full-sized tractor trailer with three race cars.
Dave Gran, ITB Honda Prelude, coming in above trailer.

Greg Amy, ITA Nissan NX2000. Extended Ford van and 25-foot enclosed trailer.

Marc Carpenter, ITA Acura Integra. Chevy Tahoe truck and 21-foot open trailer.

Tim Klavana, ITC Honda CRX. Dodge Ram pickup and 16-foot open trailer.

Dan Jones, 2 ITS and 1 SM; three unknown tow vehicles, two 24 ft trailers and one 20 ft (open or enclosed trailers and what kind of trucks, Dan?)

Ray Lee Chee, ITA Acura Integra. GMC Suburban, 21 ft open trailer.
Travel plans I'm aware of:
- Richie Hunter to leave Springfield Tuesday night, stayover in cab, arrive Weds afternoon.
- Greg Amy to leave either Tuesday night or bright-and-early Weds AM, arrive Weds afternoon. Leaving either Sat night or very early Sun AM to try and get home Sun night.
- Anthony Serra to leave his shop Tuesday evening, I'm guessing drive all night to arrive Weds mid-day.
- Ray Lee Chee to leave sometime Tuesday evening and start to head back on Sunday early afternoon. Layover someplace Sun nite and be home on Mon early afternoon.

Greg - I usually like to set up the two canopies you saw on Saturday - Is that possible? Also I am leaving Tuesday morning, grabbing my Dad in NC, probally spending the night there, then heading out for RA wednesday morning.

Greg Amy
10-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Depends on space available, Tim. I have notified the appropriate folks of the list above and I'm sure they will give us reasonable space per car.

Can't guarantee anything, but I'll keep you informed as info becomes available. - GA

p99ro
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Hello to Mr trailer Guy
Who has room for a CRX thats going down to GA. Including test day.
I cant find the extra days to travel. Who Can take my car and tools packed in it plus tires stuffed in it. down. Let me know how much you need $600 Ok. Should cover gas and some extra.
Let me know ASAP \
Scott Haven ITA 203 515 6003. [email protected]
I want to try this track for the first time plus I started my season late.
Hope to hear from someone . soon
Scott. Plus I`ll through in a DVD player. :023:

Tkczecheredflag
10-28-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by p99ro@Oct 28 2005, 03:42 AM
Hello to Mr trailer Guy
Who has room for a CRX thats going down to GA. Including test day.
I cant find the extra days to travel. Who Can take my car and tools packed in it plus tires stuffed in it. down. Let me know how much you need $600 Ok. Should cover gas and some extra.
Let me know ASAP \
Scott Haven ITA 203 515 6003. [email protected]
I want to try this track for the first time plus I started my season late.
Hope to hear from someone . soon
Scott. Plus I`ll through in a DVD player. :023:

Scott - Richie H was going and looking for frieght in his Tractor. Call me I will give you his #
203-241-1901

p99ro
10-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I`m going I`m going I`m going.

It was either Going to some where warm this winter or AMS.
But I`m going 1st class. Got the car towed so I can work an extra 2 days to help pay for it. Fly, Rent a car and waffle house for breakfeast.
Who has the Road Atlanta tapes I`ll need al the help I can get. The only race tape I saw was Rays in his first year. 1 lap and then the other cars going by after his cap came loose. So check em.
Yea I`ve always wanted to drive that track. It looks like what a swim suit model would be like. Wink wink.
See ya there
Scott CRXsi #0 NER ITA Yellow with purple race stripes. :happy204:

moto62
10-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Scott- I have a bunch of video from last year. Come and get it and start doing your homework.

lateapex911
10-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by p99ro@Oct 29 2005, 10:38 PM
I`m going I`m going I`m going.

But I`m going 1st class. ..... , .... and waffle house for breakfeast.Scott CRXsi #0 NER ITA Yellow with purple race stripes. :happy204:

Were gonna have to work on you if you ever decide to go Hollywood...

1st class? Waffle House? In the same sentance?

(of course everything you write is in the same sentance.....;) )

moto62
10-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Oh Mr. Jake, Jake, Jake. I'll quote your most infamous sentance....errr, sentence. " When I was Going to school, I was poor and I had to do some work on my Porche". Hah! I couldn't resist. :lol:

gran racing
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah, but that was before Jake could afford to say it Porsh-Ah. ;)

Racerboy03
10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Question:

Where is everyone staying for hotels, and is there a chance in hell that I can still get a room in the area? Totally forgot to book a hotel room. Thanks guys.

-Mark, who may be sleeping in the back of the tahoe for 3 nights lol.

lateapex911
10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
OK, Mr. Lee Chee....it's spelled Porsche....you left the S off....for "savings".

Even so, your statement is true, I do have to work on my porch...my front porch needs new railings.

Mark, I am staying at the Best Western about 15 minutes from the track, in the SE direction. I assume they have room as the room came with my plane flight, in a weird deal. Travelocity had the Delta flight, but adding a room actually reduced the cost of the flight....and the room is included. I booked yesterday. I have fears that I will be parked next to you in my rental car.....snoozing away, LOL.

If all else fails, get Bill at the IT.com/Baker...errrr Isaac headquarters good and looped and steal his bed when he passes out in a lawn chair.

Be sure to put a steering wheel in his hands for the best effect when he wakes...he's sure to scream!

;)

Greg Amy
11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Richie Hunter had a late cancellation and is looking for one last car to take an open slot in his trailer(s) to the ARRC. $600, first come, first served. Call him at 413.246.1927.

If you're subsequently looking for a ride down there, I'm going in a large passenger van and probably have some space... - GA

Greg Amy
11-01-2005, 05:03 PM
This is the latest list I have of folks that have contacted me in regards to parking in the Northeast paddock space at the ARRC.

Note that all open trailers will need to be parked down at the bottom of the hill, away from the paddock in the grass. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are in love with your open trailer, and want it in one of the places in the paddock (along the grass), you need to make the choice now: park with the group or stay with the trailer in another location. If we save you a place in the compound, we expect you to park with the group.

List as of 11/07/05:

Richie Hunter, ITA Acura Integra, full-sized tractor trailer.
Unknown Driver, ITA CRX, coming in above trailer.

Greg Amy, ITA Nissan NX2000. Extended Ford passenger van and 25-foot enclosed trailer.

Tim Klavana, ITC Honda CRX. 16-foot open trailer and Dodge Ram pickup.

Dan Jones, 2 ITS and 1 SM; 2-24 ft trailers and 1-20 ft, all enclosed.

Ray Lee Chee, ITA Acura Integra, GMC Suburban, 21 ft open trailer

Nick Leverone, ITS RX-7, Ford Expedition and two-car enclosed trailer (Nick says he can accommodate four cars under his canopy.)
Brian Bagnall, ITS RX-7, coming in above trailer.

Jinx Jordan, ITC Honda CRX, full-size pickup truck and open trailer

Scott Haven, ITA Honda CRX, full-size Chevy truck and two-car open trailer.
Driver TBD, Car TBD, coming in above trailer.

Rick Benazic, ITA Acura Integra, Nissan Titan pickup truck and open trailer.

- Richie Hunter to leave Springfield MA Tuesday night, stayover in truck, arrive Weds afternoon.
- Greg Amy, Matt Kessler, Dave Gran and wife to leave CT mid-day Tuesday, arrive Weds afternoon. Leaving either Sat night or very early Sun AM to try and get home Sun night; might consider staying through Sunday to watch.
- Anthony Serra/Jason/crew to leave his shop Tuesday evening, I'm guessing drive all night to arrive Weds mid-day.
- Ray Lee Chee to leave CT sometime Tuesday and start to head back on Sunday early afternoon. Layover someplace Sun nite and be home on Mon early afternoon.

Cellphone numbers (PM me if you want to be added to this list):
Greg Amy, 203.209.1217
Richard Hunter, 413.246.1927

Tkczecheredflag
11-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 1 2005, 09:03 PM
This is the latest list I have of folks that have contacted me in regards to parking in the Northeast paddock space at the ARRC. If you are not on this list, and wish to be paddocked with us, please contact me immediately; we are about to call it a final list and make final plans with the ARRC parking crew.

Note that all open trailers will need to be parked down at the bottom of the hill, away from the paddock in the grass. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are in love with your open trailer, and want it in one of the places in the paddock (along the grass), you need to make the choice now: park with the group or stay with the trailer in another location. If we save you a place in the compound, we expect you to park with the group.

Note that I'm towing down my enclosed trailer, and I have no issue with open-trailer folks locking stuff in there during the weekend. I'm sure others with trailers feel the same.

List as of 11/01/05:

Richie Hunter, ITA Acura Integra, full-sized tractor trailer.
Unknown Driver, ITA CRX, coming in above trailer.

Greg Amy, ITA Nissan NX2000. Extended Ford passenger van and 25-foot enclosed trailer.

Tim Klavana, ITC Honda CRX. 16-foot open trailer and Dodge Ram pickup.

Dan Jones, 2 ITS and 1 SM; 2-24 ft trailers and 1-20 ft (assuming open trailers that will be parked odwn the hill, unless otherwise notified).

Ray Lee Chee, ITA Acura Integra, GMC Suburban, 21 ft open trailer

Nick Leverone, ITS RX-7, Ford Expedition and two-car enclosed trailer (Nick says he can accommodate four cars under his canopy.)
Brian Bagnall, ITS RX-7, coming in above trailer.

Jinx Jordan, ITC Honda CRX, full-size pickup truck and open trailer

Scott Haven, ITA Honda CRX, full-size Chevy truck and two-car open trailer.
Driver TBD, Car TBD, coming in above trailer.

Rick Benazic, ITA Acura Integra, Nissan Titan pickup truck and open trailer.
- Richie Hunter to leave Springfield MA Tuesday night, stayover in truck, arrive Weds afternoon.
- Greg Amy, Matt Kessler, Dave Gran and wife to leave CT mid-day Tuesday, arrive Weds afternoon. Leaving either Sat night or very early Sun AM to try and get home Sun night; might consider staying through Sunday to watch.
- Anthony Serra/Jason/crew to leave his shop Tuesday evening, I'm guessing drive all night to arrive Weds mid-day.
- Ray Lee Chee to leave CT sometime Tuesday and start to head back on Sunday early afternoon. Layover someplace Sun nite and be home on Mon early afternoon.

Cellphone numbers (PM me if you want to be added to this list):
Greg Amy, 203.209.1217
Richard Hunter, 413.246.1927

Greg - Leaving Tuesday morning - picking up my Dad in NC tha night and final leg witrh him Wednesday morning. Nice to see Jinx is with us.

cell - 203-240-1901

Greg Amy
11-07-2005, 11:19 AM
OK, ARRC'ers, I've edited the list above with the latest info. I'm working with Sandy to find an acceptable way to fit us all into a common area. Some things I need to know:

- If you are coming with an enclosed trailer, and you are *not* willing to share space along it, I need to know.
- If you are coming with an open trailer, and you are *not* willing to park your car along someone else's enclosed trailer, I need to know.

What we have envisioned is arranging the enclosed trailers in a particular area then parking all cars along them, probably perpendicular. Nick Leverone, for example, has offered that he can accomodate two additional cars inside his large canopy; I am expecting that Dave Gran (or whoever) will park next to my enclosed trailer. Serra and Hunter will have their four cars each to take care of, and I'm hoping DJ is open to the idea of sharing space along his three enclosed trailers in addition to his three cars (or consolidate his three cars to one or two enclosed trailers). If we can cooperate this way then it makes it a lot easier for us to be together; if we can't do that then it's likely some folks may have to be parked separately.

You only need to contact me if you are *not* agreeable to the above, otherwise I'll assume you're OK with this.

Also, given differing travel schedules, whoever gets there first should find Sandy Pence and introduce yourself as the NE scouting party . She will know The Plan. I'm expecting to arrive at the track mid-afternoon Wednesday and can take over coordinating arrivals and parking.

Looking forward to seeing you all (uh, sorry, "y'all") out there this week. - GA

p99ro
11-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 7 2005, 03:19 PM
OK, ARRC'ers, I've edited the list above with the latest info. I'm working with Sandy to find an acceptable way to fit us all into a common area. Some things I need to know:

- If you are coming with an enclosed trailer, and you are *not* willing to share space along it, I need to know.
- If you are coming with an open trailer, and you are *not* willing to park your car along someone else's enclosed trailer, I need to know.

What we have envisioned is arranging the enclosed trailers in a particular area then parking all cars along them, probably perpendicular. Nick Leverone, for example, has offered that he can accomodate two additional cars inside his large canopy; I am expecting that Dave Gran (or whoever) will park next to my enclosed trailer. Serra and Hunter will have their four cars each to take care of, and I'm hoping DJ is open to the idea of sharing space along his three enclosed trailers in addition to his three cars (or consolidate his three cars to one or two enclosed trailers). If we can cooperate this way then it makes it a lot easier for us to be together; if we can't do that then it's likely some folks may have to be parked separately.

You only need to contact me if you are *not* agreeable to the above, otherwise I'll assume you're OK with this.

Also, given differing travel schedules, whoever gets there first should find Sandy Pence and introduce yourself as the NE scouting party . She will know The Plan. I'm expecting to arrive at the track mid-afternoon Wednesday and can take over coordinating arrivals and parking.

Looking forward to seeing you all (uh, sorry, "y'all") out there this week. - GA

Greg Thanks for your work on all this.
Scott Haven. See Yall dowwn Thar

Tkczecheredflag
11-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 31 2005, 05:04 PM
Question:

Where is everyone staying for hotels, and is there a chance in hell that I can still get a room in the area? Totally forgot to book a hotel room. Thanks guys.

-Mark, who may be sleeping in the back of the tahoe for 3 nights lol.

Mark -There is a slim chance I will have a room at the Holiday Inn Express Chateau. Possible late cancellation. Heres my cell - call me tonight.
203-240-1901

Tkczecheredflag
11-08-2005, 08:32 AM
We're packed and ready to go. Pulling out this morning at 9:00. The truck looks like something out of the Beverly Hillbilly's.
See everyone at RA. Next stop is Statesville, NC to pick up Dad.
If anyone wants up to date traffic reports call me. We are running TZB - 287 - 78 - 81 - 77 - 85
203-240-1901

Racerboy03
11-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag@Nov 8 2005, 11:46 AM
Mark -There is a slim chance I will have a room at the Holiday Inn Express Chateau. Possible late cancellation. Heres my cell - call me tonight.
203-240-1901

Tim,

Thanks for the offer I am all set with reservations. Statesville eh? I'm coming from East Charlotte, see you down there!

-Mark

dyoungre
11-10-2005, 12:33 AM
To all NER competitors at the ARRC -

SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE !!!! Wishing you all the best -Ray, go get 'em.

Be safe, y'all.

Greg Amy
11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
As a follow up, I'd like some feedback in regards to parking from the folks that attended this event. Personally, I think we came out very well and I was very pleased with the cooperation and coordination of all involved; what do you think? Is there anything we could/should request/suggest to Sandy and Fletcher?

A big thanks to Kim and Ray for helping out! - Greg

Tkczecheredflag
11-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 16 2005, 02:57 PM
As a follow up, I'd like some feedback in regards to parking from the folks that attended this event. Personally, I think we came out very well and I was very pleased with the cooperation and coordination of all involved; what do you think? Is there anything we could/should request/suggest to Sandy and Fletcher?

A big thanks to Kim and Ray for helping out! - Greg

Greg - You guys did a great job cordinating the paddock. I would encourage all of us bring a tape measure next year. I went to use my tape today and all the numbers were worn off the tape. LOL :happy204:

moto62
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah Tim! We did give that thing a workout but you know the old adage,'measure 5000 times, park once'. :lol:

I thought our paddock area was well thought out. The way it was situated made our area into one neighborhood. Very open, easy to get around and you could easily converse with anyone anywhere within our area. No having to walk around anyone's enclosed box. We actually used only eight rows to park two enclosed rigs, nine racecars and eight support vehicles. On the other side with the big rigs, Anthony and Richie, they used four rows but housed six racecars. I think we did alright keeping everything tight but not crowded. We need to keep the plan similar to this for next year and btw, you have been nominated as the parking guru for next year. :P