PDA

View Full Version : VIR paddock?

manny
10-12-2005, 06:09 AM
for the next event at vir on the 29th n 30th i was wondering which paddock area and pit lane will be used? this will be my first time there. :119: i'll have to learn the track real quick.thanks to all .

Hotshoe
10-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by manny@Oct 12 2005, 10:09 AM
for the next event at vir on the 29th n 30th i was wondering which paddock area and pit lane will be used? this will be my first time there. :119: i'll have to learn the track real quick.thanks to all .

Manny,

We will be using the North paddock and pit road. The track is really fast when the weather is cool. So the extra grip will help you shorten the learning curve. Look me up, I'll be glad to give you some pointers. I usually park up by the false grid on the left.

Racerboy03
10-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Hotshoe@Oct 12 2005, 12:25 PM
Manny,

We will be using the North paddock and pit road. The track is really fast when the weather is cool. So the extra grip will help you shorten the learning curve. Look me up, I'll be glad to give you some pointers. I usually park up by the false grid on the left.

This will also be my first time there, ever. Any body have some in-car footage I could borrow? And we are running the full course right? thanks.

-Mark

manny
10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
thanks hotshoe. what type of car will you be driving and also the car number and i will stop by.

Mike Spencer
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 13 2005, 12:10 AM
This will also be my first time there, ever. Any body have some in-car footage I could borrow? And we are running the full course right? thanks.
-Mark

Mark,

According to the supps we are running the Full Course (3.27 mi).

Regarding videos, I would suggest checking out the following site;

http://www.specmiatavideos.com/race_videos.htm

Scroll down to VIR, then download and watch Debbie Buras' race. Good stuff!

Hotshoe
10-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by manny@Oct 13 2005, 01:32 AM
thanks hotshoe. what type of car will you be driving and also the car number and i will stop by.

Manny,

I will be driving a red 1984 Mazda RX7 #99 in ITA (check out my web site www.RRBodyShopInc.com ) Looking forward to meeting you.

Rick Thompson
2005 SCCA SARRC IT7 Champion

ITABrad
10-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 13 2005, 12:10 AM
-Mark

Mark,
I don't know if they are having a test day or not, but if so you should take advantage of it. We were there this year and it took me all weekend to get enough speed to keep me from getting run over. I've never been to a track where I could actually lower my lap times by thirteen seconds. We used that spiral part of the course. It is alot of fun with all of those blind corners and elevation changes. If your not smiling inside the car when you get to the top of the esses you should check your pulse.
Brad

Racerboy03
10-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ITABrad@Oct 13 2005, 03:44 PM
Mark,
I don't know if they are having a test day or not, but if so you should take advantage of it. We were there this year and it took me all weekend to get enough speed to keep me from getting run over. I've never been to a track where I could actually lower my lap times by thirteen seconds. We used that spiral part of the course. It is alot of fun with all of those blind corners and elevation changes. If your not smiling inside the car when you get to the top of the esses you should check your pulse.
Brad

Yeah we were planning on doing the test day on friday, we seem to do well after testing on friday at a new track(new hampshire and the glen). Ive been watching quite a bit of video and I think I have a pretty good idea of the layout. Any chance you guys are going to make it down for that race?

-Mark

ITABrad
10-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 13 2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah we were planning on doing the test day on friday, we seem to do well after testing on friday at a new track(new hampshire and the glen). Ive been watching quite a bit of video and I think I have a pretty good idea of the layout. Any chance you guys are going to make it down for that race?
-Mark

We're done for the year, sad to say. It's time for me to take care of some neglected responsibilities. I'm not twenty years old, in case you did'nt notice. I wish I could do them all. Good luck Mark.
Brad

manny
10-14-2005, 06:28 AM
darn good video, thanks. looks like a nice track, hope for good weather that weekend. any other CCPS guys going?

JeffYoung
10-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Manny, I'll be there.

manny
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
then i'll meet you at the track. BTW have you heard anything from the CCPS board? i was just wondering where i stand in the pionts.

iambhooper
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm in. Ed and I are running the ECR, saturday, and I'll be doing the SARRC on Sunday.

I expect to be paddocked with Bill and Heather... look for the British flag and youll find us.

manny
10-17-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm considering switching to the ECR group. i have'nt heard anything from the ccps board. i sent an email to one of the contacts and it was undeliverable, oh well.i do like running the 90 minute enduro's better. good luck to all and i'll see you at the track, and the social too.