PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Registration

bobpink
10-11-2005, 11:16 PM
If you've been talking the talk, it's time to walk the walk. Who's really going to come on down to Georgia to play?

ARRC Registration is now on-line and can be accessed from the ARRC website (http://www.arrc-online.com) or the Atlanta Region SCCA website (http://www.atl-scca.org).

Catch22
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm in.

Its time to start eating wheaties kids.
B)

zracre
10-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Woo HOO!!!!! Im registered, but im curious, I saw ARRC PRO Shootout...is that new? what is required to enter?

bobpink
10-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by zracre@Oct 12 2005, 12:05 PM
Woo HOO!!!!! Im registered, but im curious, I saw ARRC PRO Shootout...is that new? what is required to enter?

The ARRC Pro Shootout is a race for the Sports Racerss this year.

R2 Racing
10-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I got registered over the weekend. I'll be doing the ARRC in my ITA Integra and then my Dad and I are going to race our old ITC '85 Civic in the enduro (assuming it has an engine by then). That enduro should be fun as I've never done an enduro before, ever. I like my learning curves nice and steep!

RussMcB
10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Kevin, you'll probably really enjoy racing in the enduro. Make sure you are knowledgable about the rules, especially regarding pit stops. Your best bet is to have conversations with people who've done them, so you're not surprised by anything. Example: I think you need to provide a fire extinguisher for your pit spot, and it has to be a minimun size & rating. Someone has to man it during refueling and the refueler needs to wear specific protection. I could be wrong about the specifics but you get the drift.

Edwin Ho
10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Oct 17 2005, 12:44 PM
...my Dad and I are going to race our old ITC '85 Civic in the enduro (assuming it has an engine by then).

Well, if you're going to tow two cars down, bring the '92 Civic, have your dad run the sprint race and then run it in the enduro. No? How about having him run the '85 in the sprint race? At least there'll be another C car in enduro!

Ed.

R2 Racing
10-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Edwin Ho+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Edwin Ho)</div>
Well, if you&#39;re going to tow two cars down, bring the &#39;92 Civic, have your dad run the sprint race and then run it in the enduro.[/b]
I&#39;d like to bring the &#39;92 but it&#39;s just too beat up at the moment and I&#39;m going to need the winter to fix it. Not only is the body beat to hell, but the suspension is tweaked too as it&#39;s creeping like a crab at the moment (thanks, Spec Miata&#39;s!)

I mentioned something to my Dad about driving the &#39;85 in the ARRC race but I don&#39;t think he&#39;s really interested. What&#39;s appealing at the moment is we really only have to deal with one car at a time doing it this way.

<!--QuoteBegin-RussMcB
]Make sure you are knowledgable about the rules, especially regarding pit stops. Your best bet is to have conversations with people who&#39;ve done them, so you&#39;re not surprised by anything. Example: I think you need to provide a fire extinguisher for your pit spot, and it has to be a minimun size & rating. Someone has to man it during refueling and the refueler needs to wear specific protection.
If I remember correctly, Road Atlanta has the pit lane lined with those fire extinguishers that everyone needs and people just seemed to use those. Yes? No? I&#39;m also going to make sure that I&#39;ve got at least two crew members with me and they&#39;re equipped with full Nomex wear. I also need to do some calculating on the &#39;85 to find out at what rpm I&#39;ll be at the pit lane speed - the speedometer doesn&#39;t work in it (hey, it&#39;s 20 years old). Either way, I&#39;m really looking forward to it! Beating the 22 car will be a real treat!

Catch22
10-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Oct 18 2005, 12:47 PM
Beating the 22 car will be a real treat!

Bring it on Yankee Boy.
Remember that if you lose to the 22 car... You just got beaten by a girl.
B)

OTLimit
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Oct 18 2005, 06:47 AM
If I remember correctly, Road Atlanta has the pit lane lined with those fire extinguishers that everyone needs and people just seemed to use those. Yes? No?

The answer is a resounding NO. They will not let you use those, and at times in the past we have had to bring our extinguisher down before they would allow us to sign up for a pit stall. The good news is that the Home Depot in Gainesville has what you need, if you don&#39;t bring one. Or leave it at home. At least they did in the past, but that was the only place I would find one near the track.

Catch22
10-18-2005, 12:50 PM
The extinguisher needs to be a 10 pounder (or maybe its 15, I forget) and you have to bring your own or borrow one.

We got ours at Lowes for $40.

R2 Racing
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Oct 18 2005, 10:12 AM
Bring it on Yankee Boy.
B)

My bumpers can get awfully large when they need to. :blink:

Bah, I&#39;ll just be happy if we&#39;re not last in that car. It&#39;s probably the most underdeveloped car we have, I&#39;ve driven it in only one sprint race in the last two years, and the engine will be "unknown". Either way, it&#39;ll be fun! :023: So I guess I need to go and pick up one of those bottles then. I should probably have one in the trailer anyway.

Catch22
10-18-2005, 06:50 PM
My bumpers can get awfully large when they need to.

Dude, don&#39;t do that. If you hit her she WILL hit you back. If you block her, she&#39;ll move you. This lady ain&#39;t in the car for giggles, she&#39;s dead serious. And pretty damned fast.
Ask Karl about that :rolleyes: .

But anything can happen in a 3 hour race. Often its not the fastest car that wins, but the one that stays out of trouble and does good pit stops.

We plan to do all of the above. :D

Edwin Ho
10-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by RussMcB+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RussMcB)</div>
Make sure you are knowledgable about the rules, especially regarding pit stops.[/b]

Check out the Enduro Rules (http://www.arrc-online.com/rules/rules_enduro.html). They put a sticker on my bottle when I signed up for my pit spot last year. I think they would have allowed us to share a bottle with our pit mates (They assigned two cars per pit spot).

Originally posted by Catch22@

Careful with the &#39;girl&#39; comments. :) Mine happens to be a National level SRF driver. You should have seen to look on my friend&#39;s faces when she beat me AND all of them go karting! :o

<!--QuoteBegin-Catch22
But anything can happen in a 3 hour race. Often its not the fastest car that wins, but the one that stays out of trouble and does good pit stops.

Last year was a perfect example. Although the #22 car was clearly faster then me, by managing to not get punted off the track and some well timed stops (sort of) allowed me to finish first. However, a four second discrepancy on the timing chart resulted in a two lap penalty. :( Ooops.

Ed.

Catch22
10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Edwin Ho@Oct 19 2005, 05:12 AM

Last year was a perfect example. Although the #22 car was clearly faster then me, by managing to not get punted off the track and some well timed stops (sort of) allowed me to finish first. However, a four second discrepancy on the timing chart resulted in a two lap penalty. :( Ooops.

Ed.

Last years ITC enduro race was a circus. EVERYONE had issues, and in the end we somehow managed to win the race nobody seemed to want to win.

We got punted into a gravel trap on lap 3, and went from P1 to dead last. Got all the way back up to 2nd and the left rear wheel started to come off (We will never, ever use a torque stick on an impact gun again). Had to pit early, throwing us out of our fuel window, and later got back up to 1st place but started fuel starving with 10 minutes left and Ed passed us on the next to last lap for the lead.

But Ed had a short pit stop, resulting in a penalty that took him from 1st to 3rd.

Chuck Reynolds and Harry Puckett lead for a long time, but their Scirocco broke a drive shaft at the halfway mark.

Keil/Quinette also lead for a while, but had mechanical problems and had to take an extra pit stop.

Lots can happen in a 3 hour race. Lots.

We hope to avoid the drama from last year this time out. That was brutally frustrating.

charrbq
10-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I saved all that late race trauma when I missed a down shift (4th to 5th!!) in turn five at the end of my stint. Thank goodness the retaining wall isn&#39;t like the old days of Road Atlanta! :blink:

OTLimit
10-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the entry website has two different fees for the Enduro? One place (the entry itself) says $225, and the info page says $275. Does anyone know which is correct before I mail this check?

Catch22
10-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Given that the extra drivers fee is just silly ($150 each), it had better be $225.

Greg Amy
10-25-2005, 08:59 AM
I entered online last week, but nowhere did I get a notice or response that I had to mail in a check. Are we required ot mail that payment in, ro can we just write a check when we arrive? - GA

gran racing
10-25-2005, 09:07 AM
This is the e-mail I received when I registered for the sprint race.

Thank you for your entry.
Also, I am advising all my drivers to please forward your Payment to : SCCA:Atlanta Region, Inc. 3180 Presidential Driver, Suite N, Atlanta, GA 30340.
We have that info on a Separate page (Event Details)---which most drivers have not read---------so I am not receiving the payments as I should. If you have already put your check in the mail; thank you. If not, please do. Thank you.

Greg Amy
10-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Uh, I didn&#39;t get an email...are they possibly using an ISP that is blacklisted on the Internet as spammers? If so, I bet a lot of their confirmation emails are getting filtered and dumped...

Thanks, Dave!

Sandy
10-27-2005, 05:15 PM
I have read the posts about the conflict on the enduro entry fee and the message about paying ahead of time. I suggest you send an email to the Atlanta Region office and ask Gwen. The email address is: [email protected]
Sandy

OTLimit
10-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Already sent a message to Gwen (right after the first one), and she never responded. So I mailed the lower fee. Seems like a cash cow for the club at $225 for Chris and $150 for our co-driver, but what do I know?