PDA

View Full Version : IT.com Motorhome

gsbaker
10-11-2005, 12:41 PM
This year will mark the first appearance of the ImprovedTouring.com Mobile Galactic Headquarters RV. We have found a sponsor and a driver, so with only a month to go it's time to work out the details, such as...

1) Where's the best place to park it? The pits would be best but we are assuming that's out. Second choice?

2) What is needed in the way of supplies? Rumor has it that a couple of the NER guys are Corona fans, but aside from that we are at a loss. ;) Can any locals throw in a BBQ grill?

3) The driver has volunteered to handle all of the logistics of the RV, which means they will have no local transport at the track. Anyone have a golf cart they would like to donate for the weekend? Scooter? Bicycle? Limo? Racecar? :)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed.

[Note: The RV is not sponsored by any company. Funding is coming from an anonymous donor. I ran this idea past the company a couple years ago, but for some reason the image of racer car drivers, beer, a motorhome and race track didn't go over too well in the risk management department. :birra: :eclipsee_steering: Go figure.]

Despr8dave
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Don't forget the normal RV supplies, re: BIODEGRADABLE TOILET PAPER (Charman), chemicals for the septic system, sewer hose, water hose (not garden), extention cord, splitter if 50 amp, cable coax, etc. etc., all of which I will be happy to loan, except the TP..........have fun, doesn't look like I am going to make it this year..............
David

Catch22
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Place to park...
Near me.
It might rain you know. I melt if I get wet.

Beer - Something with "Oktoberfest" on the label :023:

planet6racing
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Driver/operator here:

Liquid refreshment will need to be purchased in Atlanta area. I think I'll just swing by a liquor store and buy it out!! :023: But, seriously, if you have a drink of choice, let me know and I'll try to accomodate you.

As for all the supplies, we'll have to see what all comes with the rental.

Party starts on Friday and goes until the end of racing on Sunday! Anyone know where I can park it/sleep in it on Sunday night? I know Walmart will let me park in their lot overnight, so if worse comes to worst...

gsbaker
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Despr8dave@Oct 11 2005, 01:56 PM
Don't forget the normal RV supplies, re: BIODEGRADABLE TOILET PAPER (Charman), chemicals for the septic system, sewer hose, water hose (not garden), extention cord, splitter if 50 amp, cable coax, etc. etc., all of which I will be happy to loan, except the TP..........have fun, doesn't look like I am going to make it this year..............
David

Thanks for the tips Dave, and the offer of loaned supplies, but we are flying in and renting an RV locally.

Too bad you can't make it.

gsbaker
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
FYI to you NER guys: The RV company needs to reposition some units from the NYC and Boston area to Florida for the winter and one-way rentals are discounted 50-75%. If anyone is interested we could handle the Atlanta-Orlando leg for you.

Tkczecheredflag
10-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 11 2005, 07:41 PM
FYI to you NER guys: The RV company needs to reposition some units from the NYC and Boston area to Florida for the winter and one-way rentals are discounted 50-75%. If anyone is interested we could handle the Atlanta-Orlando leg for you.

I'm interested - talk to me.
[email protected]

OTLimit
10-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 11 2005, 01:41 PM

How about from St Louis to Atlanta? (like I need to worry about getting another vehicle to Atlanta, especially since I am flying in)

gsbaker
10-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Try these folks: http://www.cruiseamerica.com/hot_rental_deals/default.asp.

Now that I think about it Tim, you might be able to talk them into dropping the unit off in Atlanta. They have a facility next to the airport. If not, we can drive it to Orlando for you. The door-to-door time is about the same as flying.

When you call, ask for Britany.

Catch22
10-12-2005, 01:36 PM
I doubt you guys will have room in the paddock, but lots of folks camp and RV for the weekend on the infield. Typically either near turn 5 or near the black flag station on the back straight.

There was LOTS of partying going on back in that area on Saturday night last year. Park somewhere else if sleeping is a priority.

Catch22
10-12-2005, 01:37 PM
And Gregg, remember to bring a video camera if you want to film our driver change in the enduro.
I know I promised to do that about 8 months ago, but we have yet to have a spare body available to run a camera during a stop.

planet6racing
10-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Oct 12 2005, 12:37 PM
And Gregg, remember to bring a video camera if you want to film our driver change in the enduro.
I know I promised to do that about 8 months ago, but we have yet to have a spare body available to run a camera during a stop.

Gregg:

I'll try to remember to grab the camera for this...

gsbaker
10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Oct 12 2005, 01:36 PM
...There was LOTS of partying going on back in that area on Saturday night last year.
"Partying"?

I&#39;m sorry sir, this is a field research excursion. Honest. <_<

gsbaker
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Catch22@Oct 12 2005, 01:37 PM

Slacker. :)

Great idea. It looks like Bill has this part wired.

Catch22
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
My only fear is the Isaac Filming jinxing us. We&#39;ve done 6 enduros with the Isaac and it has yet to cause us any delay whatsoever in a driver change.
With the camera rolling, one of us is sure to somehow manage to get a finger caught up in the device and need medical attention.

Somebody call Murphy and tell him to stay home and watch football that day.
:unsure:

lateapex911
10-12-2005, 09:31 PM
So I can&#39;t drive this year...I can&#39;t get the time off to drag teh car down, etc, but I was hoping to fly down for Sat and Sunday. I would love to help crew if someone needed it on Sunday, IF the enduro goes off early enough so that I can still get a flight home Sunday night.

Of course, i&#39;d love to drive if there were a seat available.......

:(

Bill Miller
10-12-2005, 10:27 PM
If someone is heading down from the NE, and has an extra seat, I can probably kick in some bucks for gas, and help w/ the driving duties.

Mike Cox
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Greg, if you go off on a "field research excursion". You will need a guide (chaperone) so make sure to come by and get me and Alana.

Maybe we will finally get to meet each other afer all these years.

Should we try to set up a time when we all meet Saturday night and can someone supply name tags with our forum names.

and to Jake. youbetter stop by and say hi on Saturday.

Mike

planet6racing
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
OK, latest word is that the IT.com motorhome will be parked up with the other motorhomes behind the gas pumps. I&#39;m sure there will be plenty of liquid refreshment, so come find us!

As for a time on Saturday night, I say just come over when the racing is done. If we have a grill we can start making dinner and enjoy a "cocktail hour" before the food is ready!