PDA

View Full Version : ITB Mustang --> F production?

tderonne
10-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Well, I opened my big mouth again. Actually, it isn't quite so big these days as I am no longer at Ford Racing. Hoped my letters carried a bit more weight when I was there.

No matter. Letter is in to class the 2.3 Mustang/Capri in F production. With cars like the Volvo 142 and BMW 320i there, the Mustang should be a no brainer. EP keeps getting mentioned because of the 2.3, but in limited prep form, no 2.3 is ever going to work in EP. Heck, that's where the full prep 2.3 Pinto is. Even F is going to take lots of work and some pretty significant allowances.

Anyway. Now is the time to bug the CRB and production advisory committee. There aren't any other rear drive late model Ford's that'll fit Production at all. This is our only hope. Let them know if you might be interested.

(In other words, get me out of this damn Festiva!!!)

MarkL
10-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Tim--

I hope you are still employed at "Ford's"! At least still employed! If not, the Army (TACOM) could use some good engineers.

I think the Mustang and the Pinto have beeen greatly overlooked for Production racing. At least they are RWD. Maybe that Marcello guy from Florida would give it a try. :023:

SilverHorseRacing
10-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Tim,

I wondered what happened to you after we met at Daytona. Drop me a line if you're looking for something to do...our first product is about 3 weeks from launch, and I want to get a lot more going.

13GT3
10-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I am also interested in getting the Mustang classified in prod. Although I would prefer it to be in E prod as full prep (as a Pinto replacement), getting into F prod (with no more restrictions than the Volvo) is at least a start. I have already talked to Brian Culbertson (at the Runoffs, as well as other occasions) about the process. A letter-writing campaign definitely helps, as it shows interest. What details did you include in your letter? BTW, the Volvo 142 in E prod has lost over 200 lbs since 1999 (last GCR I had handy) - 2260 lbs then, 2050 lbs now. Someone is being vocal to make that happen - but have you seen one??? They are even losing interest in ITB (at least around here).

tderonne
12-02-2005, 09:31 AM
It's looking like a limited prep EP car right now. Shame. They don't do new full prep cars anymore, and they are afraid of the 2.3 in F.

I don't think it's a done deal though. If you get a few minutes, write the CRB ([email protected]) and tell them what you think.

John McFarland
12-20-2005, 06:10 PM
See it's under LPEP. Talk about getting blown away! The full prep pinto isn't any where near competetive and this will be heavier and slower!

Tim just build a V-Dub!

tderonne
12-21-2005, 09:21 AM
At least it's classed. I know a couple will be built, and letters will be written asking for it to be in F. Three new faces on the CRB for 2006, you never know.

V-dub? Nah, why take the easy way out?