PDA

View Full Version : VIR 13 Hour Enduro Test Day on Thursday

Ron Earp
10-07-2005, 07:35 AM
We're planning on running our newly constructed SM #43 at the VIR 13 hour enduro. For some reason, there is NO testing on Friday. There is a test day on Thursday, open to only 18 cars, and it is already full.

The problem I have is that I've got two drivers coming in from the UK to co-drive #43. Neither have been to VIR, naturally, and both are wanting to get some time there before going out on the track during the race or night qualifying, the only time they could get.

Does anyone here have track time on the Thursday test day? If so, would you be willing to sell us some of your test day track time? The organizer of the event has indicated that this is fine and has even told us he'd email all 18 teams and ask them if any would be willing.

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone might have to offer.

Ron Earp
10-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Buhler? Anyone?

steve-d
10-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Ron -

Drop me an e-mail. We have 3 guys doing test day. With only 3 groups of 6, there should be plenty of time.

This isn't some kind of trick to sabotage the competition is it? :D

Just kidding. If you guys will be gentle, silver #8 will be available for some track touring.

Steve D.
[email protected]

Ron Earp
10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by steve-d@Oct 28 2005, 05:26 PM
Ron -

Drop me an e-mail. We have 3 guys doing test day. With only 3 groups of 6, there should be plenty of time.

This isn't some kind of trick to sabotage the competition is it? :D

Just kidding. If you guys will be gentle, silver #8 will be available for some track touring.

Steve D.
[email protected]

Hey Steve,

That is really kind of you to offer a car for some driving, much appreciated. But, we've been lucky - a team dropped out and William gave us a call about the slot and we took it. So, we'll be there in red/black #43 too. Be nice to meet you so I'll look you up at the track. My UK co-drivers will use most of the time since they need to get up on the curve, I'll just run a session at most.

Ron

steve-d
10-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Ron -

Glad it worked out.

See you on Thursday!

Steve