PDA

View Full Version : Miller Motorsports Park

RacerBill
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Has anyone seen Miller Motorsports Park in Utah yet? The place look s great on their website. But another Racing Country Club!

Byron Smith
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Actually, it is not a racing raceclub at all.

Larry Miller, owner of the Utah Jazz and a grundle of auto dealerships, is building the track personally. I've attended several track organizational meetings. His initial budget was in the 10-15M range, but now the budget is over 50M. The track is going to be quite nice, especially in terms of facilities. Track itself is 4.5 mile long with two 2.2 mile subtracks.

Alan Wilson, track designer, has agreed to be the full-time CEO of the track and has already signed up ALMS, Speed Challenge, Grand Am, some historics and AMA Superbike for the schedule.

They will have a member program, but what it amounts to is pre-paid track days.

The local chapter of the SCCA is getting up and running to have up to 3 regional and 1 national event at the track next year.

Most of the locals (Salt Lake) are pretty excited about it, but a lot of HPDE guys are grousing about the fairly expensive track day prices that have been announced (@$275). Thats for a track sponsored track day....they will undoubtedly be cheaper through third party track groups.

Check out the website at

www.millermotorsportspark.com

Byron
92 Spec Miata #52

RacerBill
10-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Byron Smith@Oct 6 2005, 05:55 PM
Actually, it is not a racing raceclub at all.

Larry Miller, owner of the Utah Jazz and a grundle of auto dealerships, is building the track personally. I've attended several track organizational meetings. His initial budget was in the 10-15M range, but now the budget is over 50M. The track is going to be quite nice, especially in terms of facilities. Track itself is 4.5 mile long with two 2.2 mile subtracks.

Alan Wilson, track designer, has agreed to be the full-time CEO of the track and has already signed up ALMS, Speed Challenge, Grand Am, some historics and AMA Superbike for the schedule.

They will have a member program, but what it amounts to is pre-paid track days.

The local chapter of the SCCA is getting up and running to have up to 3 regional and 1 national event at the track next year.

Most of the locals (Salt Lake) are pretty excited about it, but a lot of HPDE guys are grousing about the fairly expensive track day prices that have been announced (@$275). Thats for a track sponsored track day....they will undoubtedly be cheaper through third party track groups.

Check out the website at

www.millermotorsportspark.com

Byron
92 Spec Miata #52

Byron: Thanks for the update. Hope Mr. Miller's plan is a success. My wife used to live in Salt Lake City, and I know she would like to get back there for a visit.