PDA

View Full Version : Audi a4 2.8L Quattro in ITS?

benspeed
10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Going through the GCR and thinking about what might be a cool car to run in ITS. I got to thinking about an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. Stock this car makes 172 HP and weighs 3228 lbs. Normally aspirated.

The idea is to see if we can add this as a new car to the class. There is a 1.8 Turbo and a 2.8 NA model. I'm interested in adding the 2.8 since turbos seem to be avoided by the class.

This might be a very fun car to run in ITS and I'm curious to hear what others would think. I've been able to find decent examples for about $5K - not unlike the cost of an E36 tub.

This would make for some very cool replays of World Challenge from a few years ago. Give that Audi for any rain race B)

Looking at the B5 model from 1996 to 1999.

I put this post up in the tech section too.

So whaddyall think?

Cheers,

Ben

Andy Bettencourt
10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by benspeed@Oct 6 2005, 09:58 AM
Going through the GCR and thinking about what might be a cool car to run in ITS. I got to thinking about an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. Stock this car makes 172 HP and weighs 3228 lbs. Normally aspirated.

The idea is to see if we can add this as a new car to the class. There is a 1.8 Turbo and a 2.8 NA model. I'm interested in adding the 2.8 since turbos seem to be avoided by the class.

This might be a very fun car to run in ITS and I'm curious to hear what others would think. I've been able to find decent examples for about $5K - not unlike the cost of an E36 tub.

This would make for some very cool replays of World Challenge from a few years ago. Give that Audi for any rain race B)

Looking at the B5 model from 1996 to 1999.

I put this post up in the tech section too.

So whaddyall think?

Cheers,

Ben

AWD is currently not allowed in IT. Care to get the FWD car classed?

AB

RSTPerformance
10-06-2005, 03:38 PM
We have thought about it several times (getting the A4 classified). I Think it would make a very fun car, and might be abloe to stay up with the pack. It would also be somewhat affordable I think, provided you talked to the right people. Even with our connections we really havn't had the funding to be able to do it, thus we havn't tried to get it classed... go for it though!!!

I also love the 1990 20V Coupe we have a couple in the yard that would make great IT cars, just worried about the weight...

Raymond "Go Audi" Blethen

Bill Miller
10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Get the FWD B5 Audi A4 / VW Passat classified on the same spec line.

benspeed
10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Oct 6 2005, 02:55 PM
AWD is currently not allowed in IT. Care to get the FWD car classed?

AB

Nahh - I have a sweet A4Q that I have no use for now that I bought a new RS6 (uh, I mean A6 5speed).

Why no AWD? T2 finally cracked on AWD and turbos!

I'll strip that A4 down to nothin' and run her at 2850 with the E36 - Rx7 pack!

We have too many Mazdas up here and I could use a spare ITS car for when the RX7 is broken (and at the FOM shop!)

So Andy - hopeless or no on AWD ;) ?

Andy Bettencourt
10-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by benspeed@Oct 7 2005, 09:28 AM
Nahh - I have a sweet A4Q that I have no use for now that I bought a new RS6 (uh, I mean A6 5speed).

Why no AWD? T2 finally cracked on AWD and turbos!

I'll strip that A4 down to nothin' and run her at 2850 with the E36 - Rx7 pack!

We have too many Mazdas up here and I could use a spare ITS car for when the RX7 is broken (and at the FOM shop!)

So Andy - hopeless or no on AWD ;) ?

I wouldn't say anything is hopeless but to me it just isn't neccessary...see other thread.

I know you have one Ben, but most people want them classed because they think there is an advantage. Would you want it if it had a weight penalty for AWD? 190hp is already on the OUTSIDE of ITS. You are talking 3200lbs WITHOUT any adder for AWD...how much more do you want?

:)

AB

benspeed
10-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Oct 7 2005, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't say anything is hopeless but to me it just isn't neccessary...see other thread.

I know you have one Ben, but most people want them classed because they think there is an advantage. Would you want it if it had a weight penalty for AWD? 190hp is already on the OUTSIDE of ITS. You are talking 3200lbs WITHOUT any adder for AWD...how much more do you want?

:)

AB

You'd have me wallow like a pig! Besides - I'm not sure 190 is accurate for this car.

Consumer reports, "Beneath the hood once again was Audi's 2.8-liter V6, rated at 172 horsepower. A 5-speed manual gearbox was standard, and a new 5-speed automatic transmission optional."

Gimme 2950 and it's worth it :023:

A little variety in the field is a good thing!

imported_Webmaster
10-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Duplicate topic....

Go here please: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...wtopic=6317&hl= (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6317&hl=)