PDA

View Full Version : Savanna ECR is CANCELED!!

Super Swift
10-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Check out www.scr-scca.com

Congrats to Kevin & Rob for cliching the ITS crown. Great Year!

I was looking forward to lapping the SM field and winning my first race at the same time. Ratts. I have had a blast all year running with all you SM guys. Hope to see most of yall at VIR.

Ben Robertson

tom_sprecher
10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
It is getting more and ore difficult to get enough staff during holidays, or period for that matter, to properly cover a race these days. The Labor Day Double at AMS was cancelled for the same reason. Many regions are running critically short of workers so if you can try to recruit anybody you can.

Otherwise, entry fees will go up to pay workers to staff the events.

charrbq
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
The surcharge has been talked about, and I believe, added to the entry fees in SOWDIV to give incentive to workers.

The theory that without workers, there would be no race is weak to me, as without no racers, there would be no need to work. I do both, so I feel qualified to make that statement.

But, the main track in Texas is Texas World Speedway, and it is used almost every weekend of the year for some sort of track event by one sanctioning organization or another. I love working races, but I can only go to so many, and we have many more racers in various organizations than we do workers. When you put an hour to six hours of travel time to a race at $3.00/gal, even once a month starts to stretch reasoning.

The theory applied was you've got to give them something besides a couple of meals, a keg of beer, and a dash placque.

I wish I knew exactly how the surcharge is to be administrated, but I believe it's in the form of points for redeemables and/or a lottery for big goodies.

Rob May
10-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks Ben! I didn't want it to go down like that. It would have been a great race to run. Kevin and I had alot of awesome racing this year with Grafton/Jack(when he subbed) and your dad. Lets have fun again next year!!

I think you could have lapped everyone 2 times. :smilie_pokal:

See everyone at VIR.

Rob

tom_sprecher
10-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by charrbq@Oct 6 2005, 11:58 AM
The theory that without workers, there would be no race is weak to me, as without no racers, there would be no need to work. I do both, so I feel qualified to make that statement.

I do not follow your logic on this so please elaborate.

It is not a theory that w/o workers there would be no race, it's fact, hence the subject of this thread. We can not hold a race w/o the required number of workers per the GCR. The Savannah ECR and the SARRC Labor Day Double at AMS have been cancelled because of that rule.

It's not like workers would show up to a track to work if there was no race, but some racers would go to a track and race with or w/o workers. SCCA racers need workers. The reciprocal is not true.

charrbq
10-07-2005, 10:58 AM
I didn't know someone could make something so difficult to understand. If you want an example, a couple of years ago at Texas Motor Speedway, CART was scheduled to race. Workers should up to work the track only to find out that the race had been cancelled. Without the racers, the workers had no race.

I didn't mean to be so vague. I just get tired of people spouting out that without workers we wouldn't race. It's true, and there are way more racers than workers, and it prevents us from racing many times. But cheese and rice, they are in line for beatification.

I didn't know this was a site used to attack people for their opinions.

tom_sprecher
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Charrbq - I meant nothing personally. I am sorry if your option was attached by my question and the facts that explain why there is no race at Savannah. I did not feel I said anything personally about you, the logic that you use, or your opinion. At this point I think that is exactly what you just did to me.

Chill out! It's only a forum for the exchange of information, ideas, and questions. All I wanted to know is how no race = no need to work equates to no workers = no place to race. The former is not really a concern to most racers on this forum.

If you can explain that there should be no reason to be offended by my post.

charrbq
10-07-2005, 12:58 PM
You're right. I apparently chimed in on a private forum where I didn't know the rules.