PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance Enduro- Watkins Glenn

RSTPerformance
10-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Will will be running the red/silver Audi in ITB, hopefully we will do better than our last attempt at Watkins Glenn and the ARRC (although we did finish 3rd at the ARRC, just without any brakes).

3 drivers: Blethen, Blethen, & Blethen in that order :rolleyes: (and yes that is all 3 of the Blethens... should be interesting).

Looking forward mostly to the after race party that the region puts on... by far the best party including the National Runoffs parties IMO!!!

Raymond

tdw6974
10-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Oct 5 2005, 11:45 PM
Will will be running the red/silver Audi in ITB, hopefully we will do better than our last attempt at Watkins Glenn and the ARRC (although we did finish 3rd at the ARRC, just without any brakes).

3 drivers: Blethen, Blethen, & Blethen in that order :rolleyes: (and yes that is all 3 of the Blethens... should be interesting).

Looking forward mostly to the after race party that the region puts on... by far the best party including the National Runoffs parties IMO!!!

Raymond

Raymond, We will be there. I am assistant racechair for the weekend and meet with WGI to finalize the Race Party details. Hope to have another annoucement that will make the longtime Campers happy :happy204: Will post additional info tomorrow. Enduro has a waiting list. T Weaver

67ITB
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Oct 5 2005, 07:45 PM

Raymond

It will be good to see you guys on the track…….. and not just at the track.
We (Baldoni, Garrett, Melbin) will be running the Enduro in ITB also. I have never driven the track so it should be an interesting weekend...
See you there

Matt Bal

tdw6974
10-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Ok The party plans and dinner plans are Complete!!! Also for all you campers there are Now Showers at the Glen!!! They are Located at Gate 1 on wedgewood road They are somewhat like the local car wash in you get 5 minutes for 4 quaters. HOWEVER before you put your money in give them a try and they may be working without the coins! ;)

lateapex911
10-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I have sampled said showers, and they are a bit of a drive, but new and clean. Take plenty of quarters as the 5 minutes goes fast.

My fave was the Handicapped unit.

Geo
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Oct 7 2005, 09:24 PM
My fave was the Handicapped unit.

Hmmm.... commentary about a certain RX-7 pilot??.... :D

tdw6974
10-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by tdw6974@Oct 7 2005, 03:59 PM
Ok The party plans and dinner plans are Complete!!! Also for all you campers there are Now Showers at the Glen!!! They are Located at Gate 1 on wedgewood road They are somewhat like the local car wash in you get 5 minutes for 4 quaters. HOWEVER before you put your money in give them a try and they may be working without the coins! ;)

Another meeting last evening. Drivers school has 57 entered/enrolled-- Enduro has 65 with 8 on waiting list and Regional has 173 entrys. T Weaver

JohnRW
10-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by tdw6974@Oct 9 2005, 07:00 AM
Another meeting last evening. Drivers school has 57 entered/enrolled-- Enduro has 65 with 8 on waiting list and Regional has 173 entrys. T Weaver

And you're getting some 'bonus' tires. EdZ is prolly picking them up from my driveway as I type. The promised 008's (good set) a couple of 13" Kumho's with decent meat, another one or two that are somwhat used but are good for a session or two, plus I think I added a few other stragglers.

Dug around in my climate controlled 'tire vault' yesterday afternoon...found some tires I didn't know I had !!! Haven't seen a Yok 001 in YEARS, but I had one up there. I'm keeping it for my 'tire museum'.

Cracked into the River Horse last night. Ahhhh.....

lateapex911
10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Geo@Oct 7 2005, 10:35 PM
Hmmm.... commentary about a certain RX-7 pilot??.... :D

Those who live in glass houses.............

;)

tdw6974
10-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Oct 5 2005, 11:45 PM

Raymond

:smilie_pokal: They came they saw and the Conquered the Glen!!! First in Class the Blethen Trio :smilie_pokal: Tom Weaver Co race chair AKA the Trophy Prince :D

Weaver7
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
The Enduro was great time we drew the pole!!!! Had a great time driving an SSM Miata #72 :eclipsee_steering: Can't wait for the next one!!! I heard the Viper guys had a little trouble a few people were have a discussion after the race :014:

RSTPerformance
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
We had a blast at the Enduro, and yup we were very excited about the ITB Win!!! :smilie_pokal: We were over 2 laps ahead of the second place... and I turned our fastest lap about 2 hours 50 minutes in with a 1:24.61 (track Record is a 2:24.47). The tires (Hoosiers) look just about brand new after the 3 hours of severe beating as we turned 1:24's - 1:27's. Those tires will be the same tires that I will use for this weekend at the NARRC Runoffs (although we do have 1 new tire waiting on standby if need be). Anyway, this means we have finally made the cars reliable and fast!!! Sooo excited!!! :happy204:

On a few other side notes...

1) The track to me is a lot more fun than it used to be with the new burms... it is also a lot faster!!! The track personnel while not SCCA people did a good job keeping the race green as much as possible. We did not have unnecessary cautions IMO when I was driving in the third leg. So to al those that have avoided the Glen in recent years, go back, I think you will like what you see.

2) All the spec Miata's that I raced with proved once again why I personally like it when ITB races with them. All the drivers that I had the pleasure of racing with were outstanding. :023: My car is very very different than their cars as far as handling and areas of speed and stopping. Now that orange and white ITS RX-7... wow, that car has some major horsepower, but i think it had some handling issues in the turns toward the end... made me wonder... to pass or not to pass... I want to finish as high as possible in the overall standings, but should I risk it all!!! :119: Not sure where you all finished, but good job keeping it out thier dispite the issues, and driving it home to the finish!!!

All in all what a great race!!! I had a blast and the rest of the family did as well... Special thanks go out to Margaret, Steph, Joanne, and Justin (although we do have to give him a hard time for running the rig out of gas at 1:30am in the middle of nowhere!!!).

Raymond "the Georgia's First Win" Blethen

Tom Blaney
10-18-2005, 05:39 AM
The SBMS Racing Honda's finished 1 & 2 in ITA with Larry Hebler and I finishing 2nd overall.

My old CRX owned and driven by Doug Case, Dave Hoffman and Len Schrader did a great job by finishing 2nd for their first time out.

Both cars ran fast and consistant for the entire event, and except for the spec miata marks on Doug & Dave's passanger door we left the track in the same shape we started in.

I want to thank all the guys who did a great job especially Keith Woodruff our reliable pit boss, for getting things up and running smoothly.

Nice job boys!!

Oh and to Bret and the boys who made me stay out till the Senica Lodge closed, I hope the engine sounds in Sundays race hurt your ears after the 5000 beers!!! :blink:

Tom Blaney
SBMS Racing
:smilie_pokal:

joeg
10-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Tom--How were the brakes in Larry's car?

Tom Blaney
10-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by joeg@Oct 18 2005, 09:27 AM
Tom--How were the brakes in Larry's car?

We had to double tap them during the 2nd & 3rd hrs. They have always been a weak spot in the endurance races, but as long as you tapped them they worked fine.

I chased many possibilities over the years, so now I just think of it as giving my left foot something to do, and it makes the other guys think they can outbrake us going into one :rolleyes:

Molez93
10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Tom Blaney Wrote:
> Oh and to Bret and the boys who made me stay out till the Senica Lodge closed,
> I hope the engine sounds in Sundays race hurt your ears after the 5000 beers!!!

Now wait a minute. You were the guy talking some of us into tequila shots @ midnight. :119:

Glad my novice school time was done for the weekend by then... ;)

Scott Moller
Future ITA CRX Driver

JohnRW
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney@Oct 18 2005, 05:39 AM
The SBMS Racing Honda's finished 1 & 2 in ITA with Larry Hebler and I finishing 2nd overall.

At one point, a pack of us standing in pit lane were all hoping that you'd take a crack at a front-straight pass on Chris Thompson's A Sedan (red & white Camaro). It put a smile on all the IT guys' faces...

See you at the Pumpkin, Larry ?

Thanks to Trophy Princess/Race Co-Chair Mr. Weaver - best organized WGI 3-hour in memory. Next year, could you turn down the wind a bit ? I'll not fuel speculation that Ed Z. somehow fixed the 'draw' to get the pole...no...not me...I'd never infer that. Ed said you guys only took a few laps on my Spec Miata 'rains', so you just owe me another six-pack of Yuengling.

We muddled along in our SSC enduro car. Man...those supercharged Mini Coopers are f-a-s-t...they had a whole lap on us at the Checker. The Nissan hits its SSC 'sell-by date' this fall, so we need a new SSC car anyway. Anybody have a cheap Mini on a salvage title (or 'no title') ?

John Walsh

JOESELLSVW
10-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Wow John Walsh wants a MINI! Come on down to Otto's John, we'll work you out a great deal! The Otto's team took this year off from road racing to sponsor the Philly Region Solo2 series. My codriver took my Cooper S to Topeka for a third place finish! Hopefully we'll get back out on the track soon! Cheap MINI? It's unbelieveable what these cars bring at auction....even with damage! Joe

JohnRW
10-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JOESELLSVW@Oct 29 2005, 09:21 PM
Wow John Walsh wants a MINI! Come on down to Otto's John, we'll work you out a great deal!

I think the 'sticker shock' would kill us. Remember...the 'all-conquering SSC Nissan' cost $700 at salvage auction. We're sniffing around a 'stolen & recovered' (and stripped) Civic Si right now for SSC, as the Nissan turns into a pumpkin on Jan 1 2006.

Say hi to Gerry and Co. at Otto's. Miss having you guys around.

Off to VIR this weekend...ran an enduro at Nelson Ledges yesteray...did the Glen enduro 2 weeks ago...no wonder I'm broke....