PDA

View Full Version : CMP 10-7-05

Team SSR
10-05-2005, 09:59 AM
The 944 ITS car is finally ready for a shake down at the track. We are going to Kershaw to run the track day this Friday. We will be running the Solo group because my driver doesn't have an SCCA license yet.

Anyone else going?

tom_sprecher
10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Let me know what you think after you're done. At first, I was thinking about the Nov. 11 date but it conflicts with my commitment to crew at the ARRC. The car should be done by the Dec. date. Having never driven before I will have to do the one with an instructor. I would be very interested in the details of your experience.

Team SSR
10-06-2005, 09:10 AM
If it looks like rain all day Friday we will probably cancel out. We will go to the November dates to shake down the car so it's ready for SCCA license school in January.
We did some Drivers Ed earlier in the year with our RX7. It's a daily driver with some suspension upgrades, 4pt. roll bar and some better brakes. We let Turn 1 provide the instructors for the DE's. They were always very good. We were pretty happy with track time, too. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to get on a race track. It's also a relatively cheap test date for those with race cars running in the "test and tune" class.