PDA

View Full Version : MARRS 10: Any of ya'll going?

Bugeater
10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey guys - I showed up last year and ran MARRS 7. It was my first (and last) time I spent up at Summit...

...wondering if Spanky, Nekkid guy etc. were going to be up at the track. I plan on showing up and will be Nekkid myself (without my pitcrew) so I was hoping to see familiar faces and maybe drink beer with someone other than my imaginary friends.

Oh yeah, I was the guy with the silver viper. #65 ITE. Plan on being there friday in hopes to get some lernin' done on the track. Definately didnt get the track down last year.

Regards,
John

Gregg
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Perhaps I shouldn't be speaking for Spanky, but he is definitely registered, though I think we've seen the last of (that) Nekkid Guy at Summit for quite a while. :happy204:

As we've got over 300 cars registered it should be one heck of a time!

mgyip
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll be there as well although I don't know if I'll have a car or not - running out of funds, time and energy all at once.

MadFrog
10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 4 2005, 02:35 PM
I'll be there as well although I don't know if I'll have a car or not - running out of funds, time and energy all at once.

I'll be there in the Hazz-matt paddock, hopefully not getting my retina burned off by matt in a grass skirt.
I'll probably make it a short appearance on race day - it's also my daughter's birthday, so I am afraid I am going to pull a race-and-run

which reminds me:
looks like the Christies won't be there (not registered yet). MAtt, do you need food for the workers' lunch? will it be on saturday or sunday? will there be a grill to cook said food on?
come on man, get the ball rolling! :lol: :P :023:

ITABrad
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by MadFrog@Oct 4 2005, 07:23 PM
I'll be there in the Hazz-matt paddock, hopefully not getting my retina burned off by matt in a grass skirt.
I'll probably make it a short appearance on race day - it's also my daughter's birthday, so I am afraid I am going to pull a race-and-run

which reminds me:
looks like the Christies won't be there (not registered yet). MAtt, do you need food for the workers' lunch? will it be on saturday or sunday? will there be a grill to cook said food on?
come on man, get the ball rolling! :lol: :P :023:

It's my fault the Christies aren't there. Sean has me covered in points. RATS! I hope they show up anyway. Looking forward to doin some partyin.
BRAD

mgyip
10-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I think we have the worker luncheon covered - Alton whipped the ITB boys and girls into shape!! I need to procure 2-3 CHARCOAL grills since we have beaucoup charcoal leftover from last year!! Anyone have a grill that they can bring?

The workers' lunch is on Saturday. We have the Grill Sergeant in place (Kurt's crew member who has been cooking at our worker lunches for several years) but I'll need to organize folks to show up for the lunch itself. It has always worked out well that the drivers show up to help serve food at the lunch b/c the workers are there FOR THE DRIVERS and conversely, we the DRIVER should BE THERE FOR THE WORKERS.

I'm working on my grass skirt - had a bit of a flame-up problem after a night of eating Mexican but I'm sure the replacement grass will cover sufficiently. The damn coconut bra is too tight...

I'm fairly convinced at this point that I'll be spectating - the shocks for the 2002 arrive tomorrow so if I were to bust my butt, I could get them installed Thu or Fri night BUT we'll see how that goes. I figure that I'll just be a Pit Bunny for the weekend...

Racerboy03
10-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Ill be up there on friday evening. Matt and Brad, you guys gonna be paddocked in the same area as MARRS 8 +9? My dad is bringing the car/trailer rig up earlier on friday.

See you all there!

-Mark

mgyip
10-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Mark - like a bad dream, I'll be there resplendent with trailer (provided Mo will be there to cook for us) but without a car. Can't speak for Brad but he's more than welcome provided he pays his space rental ;)

ITABrad
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 4 2005, 08:51 PM
Ill be up there on friday evening. Matt and Brad, you guys gonna be paddocked in the same area as MARRS 8 +9? My dad is bringing the car/trailer rig up earlier on friday.

See you all there!
-Mark

For sure Mark, there are lots of places to hide there.
Just remember when I say RUN don't ask questions just run as fast as you can.
Brad

JamesB
10-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I am sorry I am going to miss out spectating the last race of the year. But I just have so much going on at the homefront I don't have the time. The good news is the ITB car is ready for my school, so at least I will see some of you guys on and off the track....dont worry I been working on my pointing finger so you guys can get by.

EV
10-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I will be there, picking up the pieces...

Hope not to see any of you..except at the beer party or around the campfire.. :023:

RP Performance
10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I will be there for sure, got to try keep Greg in line> Also will be running the Spec Miata race which should be a barn burner. I think that are over 40 cars including Chip Herr and Payton Wilson.

Gregg
10-04-2005, 10:29 PM
I'll be happy to stay in line (just at the front of it). It's supposed to rain, right? :unsure:

-Gregg, who can't talk smack like Meise but has a few tricks up his sleeve for this weekend

mgyip
10-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 4 2005, 10:29 PM
-Gregg, who can't talk smack like Meise but has a few tricks up his sleeve for this weekend

Someone else is driving your car? :D

Racerboy03
10-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 5 2005, 02:29 AM
I'll be happy to stay in line (just at the front of it). It's supposed to rain, right? :unsure:

Gregg, according to weather.com it looks like chance of rain on friday, cloudy but windy on saturday, and partly cloudy on sunday. Who knows, all I know is I had dad pack the Dirt Stockers so it won't rain! :023:

-Mark

spnkzss
10-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Bugeater@Oct 4 2005, 02:14 PM
Hey guys - I showed up last year and ran MARRS 7. It was my first (and last) time I spent up at Summit...

...wondering if Spanky, Nekkid guy etc. were going to be up at the track. I plan on showing up and will be Nekkid myself (without my pitcrew) so I was hoping to see familiar faces and maybe drink beer with someone other than my imaginary friends.

Oh yeah, I was the guy with the silver viper. #65 ITE. Plan on being there friday in hopes to get some lernin' done on the track. Definately didnt get the track down last year.

Regards,
John

I know that guy. How can I forget that beautiful car. :) Actually the driver ain't half bad to hang out with either. I'll be there. Just look for the huge by huge DBM black 48' racing trailer directly behind the small bathrooms with small bore. Come find me at some point this weekend. I'll have plenty of cold adult beverages. :)

Nekkid guy disappeared. We are looking for a replacement. Maybe something different like a Nekkid girl. (you repeat that and my wife will beat you up and then beat me up. Just ask Gregg) :P

Yip in a grass skirt and cocounut bra....... So glad it's suppose to get down to 39° at night. It may force Yip to cover up early.

Bugeater
10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Oct 5 2005, 12:44 PM
I know that guy. How can I forget that beautiful car. :) Actually the driver ain't half bad to hang out with either. I'll be there. Just look for the huge by huge DBM black 48' racing trailer directly behind the small bathrooms with small bore. Come find me at some point this weekend. I'll have plenty of cold adult beverages. :)

Nekkid guy disappeared. We are looking for a replacement. Maybe something different like a Nekkid girl. (you repeat that and my wife will beat you up and then beat me up. Just ask Gregg) :P

Yip in a grass skirt and cocounut bra....... So glad it's suppose to get down to 39° at night. It may force Yip to cover up early.

Spanky,
I plan on getting up there thursday - I am looking at the paddock map...found small bore...It looks like I could paddock right next to ya'll, correct? There are white spaces w/o numbers in them all around "group 7" spaces...Man I really really really want to park on a hard surface..the grass was ok last year, but Jesus I cant imagine getting my car out, jacking it up etc on wet grass!

Another Q - most of you guys camp? I got a hotel in Winchester (and am stuck with it due to expedia's no cancel bullsh1t policy) and in the future would rather camp...showers etc good? (ie: work)

Yet another Q - Anyone stay in/near Winchester? I NEED a sportsbar for saturday. Gotta watch a football game at 4.

Most importantly - What brand of beverage is prerequisite? Do you guys like to slum? Go euro? Stick limes in the bottle? Require a bottle thats easy to throw like a grenade? Or is it a priority that the next-day's excrement float/not float? Let me know. I like to contribute...

jmark
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
How many ITS 240Z's are entered?

Gregg
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
There are currently 9 ITS cars registered. None are Z's. Here's the breakdown:

BMW 325's: 4
RX-7's: 3
Miata's: 1
944's: 1

There are only 41 cars showing as entered in that group (ITS/SSM) so there's always a chance for more.

spnkzss
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Bugeater@Oct 5 2005, 03:23 PM
Spanky,
I plan on getting up there thursday - I am looking at the paddock map...found small bore...It looks like I could paddock right next to ya'll, correct? There are white spaces w/o numbers in them all around "group 7" spaces...Man I really really really want to park on a hard surface..the grass was ok last year, but Jesus I cant imagine getting my car out, jacking it up etc on wet grass!

Another Q - most of you guys camp? I got a hotel in Winchester (and am stuck with it due to expedia's no cancel bullsh1t policy) and in the future would rather camp...showers etc good? (ie: work)

Yet another Q - Anyone stay in/near Winchester? I NEED a sportsbar for saturday. Gotta watch a football game at 4.

Most importantly - What brand of beverage is prerequisite? Do you guys like to slum? Go euro? Stick limes in the bottle? Require a bottle thats easy to throw like a grenade? Or is it a priority that the next-day's excrement float/not float? Let me know. I like to contribute...

You may be able to find something close to there. I know most of the hard spots are taken up by race groups. Getting up there Thursday will be somewhat of an advantage. You will know what's reserved by the tape around the spots.

I "camp". I built a 1987 Ford E350 box truck into a rolling shop/sleeping area with power. I wouldn't recommend camping this weekend unless you have a good sleeping bag. It's suppose to be a little cold this weekend. Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house". Sometime we can get Gregg to crash and drink with us.

Most people like just about anything cold. Normally I have a rolling bar. This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime "You nut" :)

If you leave Saturday at 4:00 your going to miss the best part of the Summit experience. ;)

Edited: Forgot to add that yes, the showers are good and work. Bathrooms get a little rough come Sunday, but still usable.

mgyip
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Oct 5 2005, 04:25 PM
Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house".

Some of us live 10 minutes away - focker... It looks like the "usual" ITA turnout will be a bit thin this weekend and I have a car to prep for Drivers School so I may be a bit more scarce than normal. I'm debating whether to even bring the big trailer since Mo won't be there to cook so it'll just be AJ, Evan, Brad and Mark in the "No Class" padock.

Don't worry about the cold driving me away - I'm very well insulated and depending on my diet, I'm self-heating as well.

MadFrog
10-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 5 2005, 04:37 PM
...so it'll just be AJ, Evan, Brad and Mark in the "No Class" padock.

nice to know that I am being remembered.... focker. :) at least don't forget to save me a space.

mgyip
10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Damn Frenchies...I got a space for ya...in the next state :P

No worries - there will be plenty of room for you.

MadFrog
10-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 6 2005, 09:08 AM
Damn Frenchies...I got a space for ya...in the next state :P

No worries - there will be plenty of room for you.

they didn't want me in VA or MD either... No love for the frogs I tell ya (well, unless they are purple.) I was hoping WV's good people would be more accepting - especially when they are wearing grass skirts and coconut bras. :119:

see you in a couple of days.

dave parker
10-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Spanky
"Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house"."
I can make sure that Gregg no longer has a bed in a house near the track, what is it worth to you?

"This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime"
What time will the bar open?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

spnkzss
10-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Oct 6 2005, 12:21 PM
Spanky
"Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house"."
I can make sure that Gregg no longer has a bed in a house near the track, what is it worth to you?

I'll have to think about that one ;)

Originally posted by dave parker@Oct 6 2005, 12:21 PM

"This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime"
What time will the bar open?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Since I'm group 1, probably sooner than normal :birra:

ITAMiata
10-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Just wanted to tell you all to have fun and hope to see you again next season.

Bill

MadFrog
10-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 4 2005, 10:29 PM

looks like rain for qualifying tomorrow, and only a 30% chance of rain for sunday. Gregg, you might want to start your rain dance now - don't forget the grass skirt. :)

mgyip
10-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Ugh - I do NOT want to qualify in the rain since the car doesn't have rain tires!! The good news is that I was able to change the offending strut last night which SHOULD get me thru the weekend.

It's a good thing that my grass skirt is short or it would be getting awfully wet today...

MadFrog
10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 7 2005, 09:01 AM
Ugh - I do NOT want to qualify in the rain since the car doesn't have rain tires!! The good news is that I was able to change the offending strut last night which SHOULD get me thru the weekend.

It's a good thing that my grass skirt is short or it would be getting awfully wet today...

I don&#39;t particualarly want rain either - I have some brake pads and rotors to bed in in the morning, and some changes to the rear suspension I was hoping to test out... <_<

Matt Rowe
10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Apparently my rain dance is working. It&#39;s about the only hope I have to make up for being just a little underpowered. And hey, I may actually out qualify the guy in the coconut bra for a change. See Matt all I needed was rain, rain tires for me and no rains for you. Oh, and that pesky wreck thing which put you in a car in a slower class. But other than that, it&#39;s all talent! :023:

RacerBill
10-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Oct 7 2005, 11:44 AM
Apparently my rain dance is working. It&#39;s about the only hope I have to make up for being just a little underpowered. And hey, I may actually out qualify the guy in the coconut bra for a change. See Matt all I needed was rain, rain tires for me and no rains for you. Oh, and that pesky wreck thing which put you in a car in a slower class. But other than that, it&#39;s all talent! :023:

Matt: How&#39;d you do this weekend? Trannie transplant seems successful, will know more when eveything is buttoned up.

How did everyone else do?

mgyip
10-10-2005, 08:57 AM
What an ugly weekend both on and off the track. Saturday was steady rain ALL DAY LONG!!! Sunday&#39;s race was dry but the racing itself wasn&#39;t exactly stellar. I started DFL due to mechanical issues. I saw a huge mess at the start but was so far back that I don&#39;t know anything about the particulars. The yellow Rabbit was apaprently on two wheels driving OVER an RX7 but when I arrived on the scene the only thing left was an orange Volvo with left-side damage including a shattered LR quarter glass. Turn 1 wasn&#39;t much better when the ITA leader took out the ITB leader leaving the Alfa stuck on the embankment.

Matt is quite pleased b/c I wasn&#39;t able to catch up with him so he beat me for once. He was also gloating about out-qualifying me but my car wouldn&#39;t rev over 4500 rpms and I parked it after 2 laps. Of course, it the car I was driving drove from the other end and wasn&#39;t 33 yrs old, I might have had a better chance. I was able to pass a couple of ITB cars however including the white 8v Golf (albeit with rookie stripes).

Next year, the General Li will race again... :eclipsee_steering:

mlytle
10-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 10 2005, 12:57 PM
What an ugly weekend both on and off the track. Saturday was steady rain ALL DAY LONG!!! Sunday&#39;s race was dry but the racing itself wasn&#39;t exactly stellar. I started DFL due to mechanical issues. I saw a huge mess at the start but was so far back that I don&#39;t know anything about the particulars. The yellow Rabbit was apaprently on two wheels driving OVER an RX7 but when I arrived on the scene the only thing left was an orange Volvo with left-side damage including a shattered LR quarter glass. Turn 1 wasn&#39;t much better when the ITA leader took out the ITB leader leaving the Alfa stuck on the embankment.

Matt is quite pleased b/c I wasn&#39;t able to catch up with him so he beat me for once. He was also gloating about out-qualifying me but my car wouldn&#39;t rev over 4500 rpms and I parked it after 2 laps. Of course, it the car I was driving drove from the other end and wasn&#39;t 33 yrs old, I might have had a better chance. I was able to pass a couple of ITB cars however including the white 8v Golf (albeit with rookie stripes).

Next year, the General Li will race again... :eclipsee_steering:

darn, i missed all the entertainment...i watched the 6th race from the tower hill, but went back to the paddock during ita/itb to prep for the its race.

its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps... B)

marshall

dj10
10-10-2005, 05:42 PM
[its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps... B)

marshall

Marshall, sorry about what seemed to be a not so good weekend, but I guess congrats on the Championship.
Comon up to the Ledges this weekend I think you will have some competition. Ted G will be here and a bunch of fast guys. Should be 1 hell of a weekend.
dj

mlytle
10-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Oct 10 2005, 09:42 PM
[its race? what its race? snoooore! there were only 5 its cars in the race and they were all mixed in with the ssm&#39;s after rain qualifying. i kinda just ran away at the start and did 16 parade laps... B)

marshall

Marshall, sorry about what seemed to be a not so good weekend, but I guess congrats on the Championship.
Comon up to the Ledges this weekend I think you will have some competition. Ted G will be here and a bunch of fast guys. Should be 1 hell of a weekend.
dj

it was a fun weekend despite the rain. probably should have done what ted did though...skip marrs 10 and do the ledges race. never been up there. oh well....gotta start getting ready for the arrc. actually not taking my car down, going to run in an srx7!

dj10
10-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Oct 10 2005, 10:34 PM
it was a fun weekend despite the rain. probably should have done what ted did though...skip marrs 10 and do the ledges race. never been up there. oh well....gotta start getting ready for the arrc. actually not taking my car down, going to run in an srx7!

see you there.

BRAD BARNHOUSE
10-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Oct 7 2005, 10:44 AM

All I needed was a few dns&#39;s some dnf&#39;s and a big wreck on turn one of the first lap to get three hundred marrs points. So what I&#39;m still fourth in points. All that aside I went for the unexpected and that&#39;s what I got. What a blast!!!!!!!!!! CONGATULATIONS MARK CARPENTER on your first win. And many more.
BRAD

Racerboy03
10-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by BRAD BARNHOUSE@Oct 11 2005, 12:27 AM
All I needed was a few dns&#39;s some dnf&#39;s and a big wreck on turn one of the first lap to get three hundred marrs points. So what I&#39;m still fourth in points. All that aside I went for the unexpected and that&#39;s what I got. What a blast!!!!!!!!!! CONGATULATIONS MARK CARPENTER on your first win. And many more.
BRAD

Thanks Brad! As always, it was fun being paddocked next to you guys, even if it rained all day saturday I still enjoyed myself. It was my first time on a track in the rain on saturday for qualifying, and what a blast! It helps to have good Dirt Stockers, but I learned a lot about running in the rain in those two sessions. I also found out I REALLY need to put the heater/defroster controls back in the car for days like this, I couldnt see much after a few laps.

It&#39;s a shame what happened at the start of the race on sunday. I knew Greg would be faster then me, so my original plan for the race was to get behind him and try and keep up, I would have been happy with 2nd and the blue crx in sights through my windshield. Instead, I went from like 3 wide in T1, in about 4th place to 1st and in the clear in about 20 feet. Looked like Greg got in too hot and lost the rear end on cold tires, and the rest is history, I missed the spinning Alfa by about a foot and cruised from there, didnt really push 10/10ths trying not to make a mistake in traffic. As John put it in impound after the race "I pulled a rabbit out of my ass today!" LOL, couldnt agree more, but I was thrilled to win for the first time! :smilie_pokal:

Oh and Brad, your welcome for the points, I really need to put those decals on my car LOL.

-Mark

ITABrad
10-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 11 2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks Brad! As always, it was fun being paddocked next to you guys, even if it rained all day saturday I still enjoyed myself. It was my first time on a track in the rain on saturday for qualifying, and what a blast! It helps to have good Dirt Stockers, but I learned a lot about running in the rain in those two sessions. I also found out I REALLY need to put the heater/defroster controls back in the car for days like this, I couldnt see much after a few laps.

It&#39;s a shame what happened at the start of the race on sunday. I knew Greg would be faster then me, so my original plan for the race was to get behind him and try and keep up, I would have been happy with 2nd and the blue crx in sights through my windshield. Instead, I went from like 3 wide in T1, in about 4th place to 1st and in the clear in about 20 feet. Looked like Greg got in too hot and lost the rear end on cold tires, and the rest is history, I missed the spinning Alfa by about a foot and cruised from there, didnt really push 10/10ths trying not to make a mistake in traffic. As John put it in impound after the race "I pulled a rabbit out of my ass today!" LOL, couldnt agree more, but I was thrilled to win for the first time! :smilie_pokal:

Oh and Brad, your welcome for the points, I really need to put those decals on my car LOL.
-Mark

Hey Mark, take it anyway you can get it. A win is a win. I was giving it everything it had to catch you. Ripping the teeth off that OPM gear at marrs 8 did me in. Lots of fun was had anyway. We had a good time in spite of the weather. Well maybe your Dad would disagree. I hope he&#39;s dried out by now. Put those stickers on there next year. More cars means more fun and excitement.
Brad