PDA

View Full Version : ITB Mustang Build

cwr-fl
10-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I just picked up a 5 speed 91 Mustang coupe that I will be building into an ITB car while I take my ITS Porsche 924S down to make the shift to EP. While I am familiar with the Fox body Mustangs, I am not familiar with what is available out there for these ITB Mustangs in regards to suspension, wheels and brakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

joeg
10-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Where is Billf when you need him?

He has lots of knowledge with those Stangs.

Ron
10-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Give me a call at 770-218-9967 in the evenings. I have been running one for the past few years and we are starting to get fairly quick in it. I am headed down to Roebling to run in the SIC on Thursday (we are 3rd in points and if I can beat the Golfs we will win the championship). If you want to come visit I will show you everything we have done.

Ron Sattele

#30 Mustang

cwr-fl
10-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Ron,

Thanks I will give you a call during next week! Unfortunately I don't think I can get up to Roebling this weekend butI do appreciate the offer. If anything changes I may shoot up there on Sunday.

bill f
10-08-2005, 11:21 AM
You might be well advised to contact Marcello Canitano, at www.SilverHorse Racing.com. He is knowledgeable, experienced with the Mustang Fox chassis, and is relatively close to you (Florida).

I can let you know what we used, and Marcello can inform you too.

Bill Frieder

cwr-fl
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks Bill. I sent an email to Silver Horse Racing.

SilverHorseRacing
10-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I know nothing.... :)

And judging by the results of the SIC, it is Ron who is the new king of the block in SEDIV !!

Good job man, I hope to get everything squared away so you and I can have some fun before you get bored with it...

manny
10-14-2005, 09:27 PM
looks like i'll have to take a trip out to atlanta and check out ron's mustang. way to go ron. :023: hey marcello how have you been? looks like i might be in first place in the CCPS points series here in nc. no i'm not the fastest in ITB but i do know how to finish a race lol.

Ron
10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys for all the support. The car ran great, again. It just works well at Roebling. I did tell David Lera and Paul Ronie (the two guys in the points lead and Golf drivers) Sunday morning that the points had been screwed up and that I was given a 3rd. place finish that I did not earn. It killed my chances at the championship but it was still fun running with them. It was my first race on the poll, like the front roll poll and it was a blast. Other than being in a Golf sandwich going into turn one. I followed Paul around turn one and then right off the track going into two, I think it was a planned move by the Golfs. Anyway the car was really fast on cool tires and I was able to zip back by Lera comming out of the last turn and them have him on my bumper the rest of the race. I was lucky not to screw up and traffic worked in my favor to hold him off for the win.
Macello gave me some different gearing and rearend options to consider to try to improve the car at tracks like Road Atlanta. We are getting killed comming out of 7 and heading up to the bridge running a 3.73 rear end. We really have the car handling well we just need to improve our gear box rear end combo.

manny
10-17-2005, 09:19 PM
when i lived in florida i met up with marcello and he did give me some good pointers with the car. he's a great person to run with. some day we'll meet again :023:

SilverHorseRacing
10-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks Manny, I'm sure we'll get together trackside again... I just have to get caught up with everything and get this product launch done for our new Mustang. Hopefully once that takes off in a few weeks, I'll start having more time to concentrate on racing. Right now between work, product development, and family, the race car (and my other cars for that matter) are all sitting collecting dust.