PDA

View Full Version : Aeroquip Socketless

rally25rs
10-03-2005, 03:06 PM
I think I already know the answer to this, but want to see if anyone uses it personally...

I am looking to replace all the under-hood fuel lines in my Civic (fuel injected). The in-car lines would remain the factory metal lines.

I was thinking of using the 'socketless' Aeroquip stuff, but am weary of using a push-on style hose with fuel, just incase. I beleive I read somehwere that the 'socketless' hose is good to something like 250psi, but i assume that is to hose burst... I would be more worried about it sliding off the fitting.

Is anyone using the socketless for fuel lines? or should I stick with the tried-and-true braided stainless lines?

Thanks for any info!

stevel
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
From an Aeroquip description:

"Aeroquip's AQP socketless racing hose is constructed from AQP elastomer, with a smooth inner bore for flexibility and special textile braid reinforcement for strength. What does this mean to you? No more wrenches, no more sockets, and no more scraping your knuckles trying to install new hose. It's compatible with most fuels, coolants, and oils. Plus, with a temperature range of -55 to 300 degrees F, and a maximum pressure rating of up to 250 psi, it'll handle most plumbing jobs safely and securely."

So, to me it seems like it'll work. I'm most likely going to use it for fuel on my own car also. I know someone that used it for fuel also and he hasn't had a problem. He said getting the hose over the fitting with a major PITA. So, it is a tight fit and I wouldn't worry about it.

steve

Greg Gauper
10-03-2005, 04:40 PM
The key to easy installation is to dip the hose end in a bowl of very hot water for about 30 seconds and then slip it over the fitting. The heat makes the hose more pliable and the water provides a small amount of lubricant.

Once on, the fitting will not come off unless you cut the hose off the fitting. Makes it very easy to reuse the fittings by just replacing the lines on a regular schedule.

My oil lines have seen 250 degree/65psi pressure and have held up well.

The stuff is a no-brainer to assemble.

rally25rs
10-03-2005, 09:58 PM
yeah I read about the 'dip in water' trick elsewhere too.
Sounds like i'll be going twith socketless.

Thanks for the info!

MMiskoe
10-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I plumbed my oil cooler w/ them last winter, so far so good. I have seen a bit of oil film on the tubing at the joint.

I just held the fitting in the vice, dripped 10-30 oil on it & pushed like a madman on the hose. Wish I'd either heard of or thought of the hot water.