PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Engine builders & tuners

JMRF186
09-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I am looking for an engine builder that knows what they are doing with the 4AGE. I am based in Cleveland, Ohio and would like to do business with someone within several hours from here.

ITANorm
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
I, as well as several others, use a builder in Oshawa, Ontario. Email me for details, if you're interested - I don't want to get bitten by the "No commercial postings" troll.

racerb
09-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by JMRF186@Sep 29 2005, 02:29 PM
I am looking for an engine builder that knows what they are doing with the 4AGE. I am based in Cleveland, Ohio and would like to do business with someone within several hours from here.

Well he's not real close to Ohio, but my freind Sam has built lots of winning Toyota engines, PM me and I'll give you his contact info. By the way he's in North Carolina, but builds for people all over the country.

racerb :023:

Spinnetti
11-14-2005, 11:28 PM
I'd be interested in peoples info too.

I use Wayne Snyder (Able Machine) in Wyoming Michigan (near Grand Rapids).
He has a machine shop there and is reasonable. He seems to know his stuff, and prices were decent last time (a few years ago). I've never dynoed and am not qualified to comment on how competetitive his motors are, but I've had pretty good luck. I used to autocross with him, and he has (had?) a killer spitfire with a highly modified 3SGE.

07-18-2006, 12:15 PM
If any of you are still looking for a good 4AGE engine builder I may be able to help.
give me a call 814-360-4463 ceteral PA. Thanks Robert Bahnsen

Off Camber
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd be interested in peoples info too.

I use Wayne Snyder (Able Machine) in Wyoming Michigan (near Grand Rapids).
He has a machine shop there and is reasonable. He seems to know his stuff, and prices were decent last time (a few years ago). I've never dynoed and am not qualified to comment on how competetitive his motors are, but I've had pretty good luck. I used to autocross with him, and he has (had?) a killer spitfire with a highly modified 3SGE.
[/b]

In trying to track down who had worked on my Prizm 4age it also lead to Wayne at able machin. However Wayne is not there any more and the company name is now C-Tech Performance. I just spoke with his brother Arnie and he seems to be a decent guy who knows his stuff. I may be taking mine there at the end of the season.
Cheers SteveP

JMRF186
09-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the input.

The engine assembly is completed and I have almost 100 miles on the car so the break in is complete. I am planning on running a couple of the events at Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges yet this year (Sept. & Oct.).

I had the bottom end assembled by Woody's Service in Cleveland (Ohio) and I did all the rest of the work. It runs very strong. Woody did a great job with the bottom end.

Will post updates after the events.

Spinnetti
09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
In trying to track down who had worked on my Prizm 4age it also lead to Wayne at able machin. However Wayne is not there any more and the company name is now C-Tech Performance. I just spoke with his brother Arnie and he seems to be a decent guy who knows his stuff. I may be taking mine there at the end of the season.
Cheers SteveP
[/b]

No kidding? I think it was a family business... Maybe he retired?

Rats.. I was working on yanking the motor just tonight to get it freshened up. The dang rear main keeps leaking and I need the crank welded up and ground.

Thanks for the info...

JMRF186
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Here is a pic of the ITB and completed engine.