PDA

View Full Version : Who do you recommend to rebuild DA Konis

Doc Bro
09-28-2005, 05:35 PM
I had my DA Koni's rebuilt by Pro-Parts out in CA before the season started. The first race @ LRP I blew the LR! I spent the rest of the season switching the rears side for side depending on the track we were at. I also have a blown front which made it to the half season point. I'm probably not going to be a repeat customer to Pro-Parts :angry: . I have my dyno sheets to provide to the new shock rebuilder I use. Who comes highly recommended?
Thanks Rob

John Herman
09-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Contact, Koni North America 859-586-4100

Greg Amy
09-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Definitely go direct to Koni. They'll rebuild them for you, dyno test them, and provide the sheets to you. The motorsports manager there is a super guy, an autocrosser and racer himself, and someone I consider a personal friend; they'll definitely take care of you right. - Greg

RSTPerformance
09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Rob-

We work with Koni NA, Racing Department. I wouldn't want to work with anyone else. They do have a lot of work and it can be a long wait to get them back (send in off season), but well worth it I think. We have been working with them for 3yrs now to develop the best suspension possible in the Audi's, and I think that so far we have done well. If you need any help sending them feel free to send us an e-mail we would be glad to send them along for you.

Raymond

Doc Bro
09-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Tahks guys,
I've got some projects on the domestic front for the next few wekkends now that my season is over (I don't want the secretary of finance to morph into the secretary of war! :D ). But after I take care of that stuff I'm going to begin work on the car for next season. I'll be going to Koni directly- thanks.
Rob

Andy Bettencourt
09-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Sep 29 2005, 01:58 PM
Tahks guys,
I've got some projects on the domestic front for the next few wekkends now that my season is over (I don't want the secretary of finance to morph into the secretary of war! :D ). But after I take care of that stuff I'm going to begin work on the car for next season. I'll be going to Koni directly- thanks.
Rob

No NARRC runoffs???

Doc Bro
09-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Andy,
I'll be there in spirit (I may actually spectate in the morning). I've got a family thing. I also vowed that I'd get my ducks in a row before I raced again. (A will and testament and a H&N restraint). The LRP thing shook me a little last weekend, I had too graphic a view. Also, seeing your boy on his roof the race prior didn't help with the family either!! Seeing how this is my rookie year I also don't know what I'm missing!! :D
ps Besides my only goal for this season was no DNF's and we did that....adding another a race may screw that up!!!
Rob

Andy Bettencourt
09-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Doc Bro@Sep 29 2005, 04:18 PM
Andy,
I'll be there in spirit (I may actually spectate in the morning). I've got a family thing. I also vowed that I'd get my ducks in a row before I raced again. (A will and testament and a H&N restraint). The LRP thing shook me a little last weekend, I had too graphic a view. Also, seeing your boy on his roof the race prior didn't help with the family either!! Seeing how this is my rookie year I also don't know what I'm missing!! :D
ps Besides my only goal for this season was no DNF's and we did that....adding another a race may screw that up!!!
Rob

I understand what you are saying...let the family know that the only scratch on him was a little suede-burn from the steering wheel as it jerked to the right...

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/05/05cheap2/images/DSC_0286.jpg

Good thing Doug Koza was there for documentation purposes!!!

AB

lateapex911
09-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Sep 29 2005, 04:30 PM
Good thing Doug Koza was there for documentation purposes!!!

AB

He misses NOTHING, LOL....

CRX Lee
10-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Rob,

Give me a shout at KONI NA at 859-586-4100 ext 316 and I'll be happy to take care of you. We are in our slow season/quickest turn-around between now and New Years. Definitely by the middle of January as that is when every racer wakes up after Christmas to realize the new race season is closing in and thinks about what was broken at the end of last year.

I'd be happy to check them all out and see what needs attention.

Bill Miller
10-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Yep, Lee will hook you up. Top notch guy!! :023:

And yeah, Doug's camera seems to have the ability to be at multiple places at one time!

planet6racing
10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
What is an expected cost to rebuild (4) DA's and dyno them? I'd like to do that with mine and would like to do it soon, but need to figure out the budgets...