PDA

View Full Version : A few newbie questions

srollman
09-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm a new NCR member and am prepping a Mercedes 190E for ITA racing. A few questions:

1) What is the process for getting a logbook for my car?

2) I can get Toyo RA-1 tires in a 225/50R15 size for significantly less than the 225/45R15s which are currently on my car. How will this affect performance? Wheel well clearance should not be an issue.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sean Rollman
Raleigh, NC

'83 RX7 - IT7
'85 MB 190E - ITA

JamesB
09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
well to get a logbook contact your regions scca office to get the name and number of who has the authorization to issue log books and then contact them to get setup for your tech and log booking.

mgyip
09-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by srollman@Sep 28 2005, 09:43 AM
2) I can get Toyo RA-1 tires in a 225/50R15 size for significantly less than the 225/45R15s which are currently on my car. How will this affect performance? Wheel well clearance should not be an issue.

While I can't help you directly, we have three MB 190s that run in the DC region albeit in ITE and ITS.

Contact Rick @ RC Imports - 301-762-4205. He can probably give you some good insight into the tire issue.

JeffYoung
09-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Sean, welcome to IT in the NCR. A good group of guys actually.

I'm in Raleigh NC. Blair Stitt (IT7) is here, Rex Deffenbaugh (ITS/7) is in Cary/Moncure, Scott Gallimore (ITC) Raleigh, Mark Senior (ITC/SM) Raleigh and Ron Earp (ITS/SM) Cary.

Ron and I do a lot of work on cars together. Be more than happy to get a beer, take a look at your car and have you look at ours. It really helps to have someone guide you through the licensing and car prep process.

Our local tech inspector is Jeff Lengel. Really good guy, I can put you in touch with him.

If you have any interest, we are going down to Rockingham for a test day on Sunday. You are welcome to come with. Alternatively, we are prepping my TR8 and two SMs on Saturday afternoon in Cary. Come by if you want.

You can reach me at [email protected], or at my law office tomorrow at 286-8011. I'll e-mail you my cell if I get an e-mail from you.

Look forward to meeting you.