PDA

View Full Version : Schedule??

KevSC1
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have the detailed schedule for the weekend yet?

We've decided to come, but the bulk of us are flying down to Atlanta, and we need to know when to book our flights home.

Specifically, when does ITA run?

charrbq
09-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by KevSC1@Sep 27 2005, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have the detailed schedule for the weekend yet?

We've decided to come, but the bulk of us are flying down to Atlanta, and we need to know when to book our flights home.

Specifically, when does ITA run?

Pro IT (ITS, ITA, ITB, ITT) runs Friday afternoon
All championship sprint races are on Saturday with ITA probably running after lunch.
Enduro for everything, just about, is on Sunday afternoon.

That's the way it normally runs.

KevSC1
09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by charrbq@Sep 28 2005, 04:22 PM
Pro IT (ITS, ITA, ITB, ITT) runs Friday afternoon
All championship sprint races are on Saturday with ITA probably running after lunch.

"after lunch" meaning 1:00. or 3:00?? It does make a rather big differnece when we're looking at flights.

The website is useless on that, and so far calls to teh contact folks on the website have gone unreturned.

R2 Racing
09-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Haven't we already discussed this several times? The schedule hasn't been finalized yet and until then, we don't know. All anyone can do now is give maybe a ballpark time. My suggestion is to just stick around for the rest of the races on Saturday anyways.

bobpink
09-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Look for a schedule sometime next week and I'll post it on the ARRC website as soon as it in my hands.

planet6racing
10-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Kev:

Atlanta region (the host region for the ARRC) is also the support group for the Petit Le Mans. As a result, they usually have their hands full until after that event (as you can imagine!). They'll have it up shortly...

Booking flights? You're not going to tow down with the guys? :D I'm actually flying straight there from LA (stupid work. Getting in the way of my racing!).

KevSC1
10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by planet6racing@Oct 4 2005, 12:41 PM
Kev:

Atlanta region (the host region for the ARRC) is also the support group for the Petit Le Mans. As a result, they usually have their hands full until after that event (as you can imagine!). They'll have it up shortly...

I know all about having ones hands full (stupid work... ;) )But we've got folks with small children who are trying to figure out how to maximize their time away from home.

Booking flights? You're not going to tow down with the guys? :D I'm actually flying straight there from LA (stupid work. Getting in the way of my racing!).

"A different kind of car, a different kind of race team." For me (and about 1/2 of the rest of the team) to be able to actually make this work with time off work & away from family, we're going to need to fly. Let the driver tow the car :) It actually works out to be cheaper for me to fly than to drive, if you take into account the extra vacation days off work, and gas, not to mention the extra time in the car.

bobpink
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Schedule posted. Duplicate of last year.

Panoz Racing School has a track day scheduled for the Thursday that is usually used as a Test Day for the ARRC. The region is looking into this to see what it means for those wanting to test prior to the race weekend.

Hracer
10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by bobpink@Oct 4 2005, 06:30 PM
Panoz Racing School has a track day scheduled for the Thursday that is usually used as a Test Day for the ARRC. The region is looking into this to see what it means for those wanting to test prior to the race weekend.

If and when possible, please post what you guys are able to find. Thanks!

KevSC1
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hracer@Oct 4 2005, 07:53 PM
If and when possible, please post what you guys are able to find. Thanks!

I called Road Atlanta, and Panoz does indeed have the day. So I called Panoz, and they have spots open, if you want to fork over $975 to drive one of their cars with one of their instructors for 4 20 minute sessions.