PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Runoffs and the points...

RSTPerformance
09-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Ok, here is a question to all whom read these posts, however I am mostly interested in the feedback I get from the ITB drivers attending the NARRC Runoffs and are in contention for a championship points battle... Your answers will determine my dicision.

I have not run any SCCA ITB NARRC races all year. I am however planning on attending the NARRC Runoffs and I will be trying to win the race (If I can or not is a different story but I will be trying :P ). Hopefully at anyrate a more realistic goal for me will be to place in the top 5 or so if all goes well.

1) Can this or will this mess up anyones championship battle?

2) Would you prefer that I race but withdraw myself from collecting points?
I am not sure where in the GCR is says that I can do this but I have herd of it before... I should look it up, but I don't have a GCR handy right now :bash_1_:

My position always has been that if if a "random driver" beats me then he/she beats me and they should take the points along with any trophies awarded, thats all part of the game. However I know a lot of other people feel differently and I don't want to be blamed for "messing up" the points race, so I would like to know what others prefer.

Raymond " :smilie_pokal: " Blethen

NATW
09-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Ray,
As far as I am concerned please come and race for the win, that's why I go there (even though it hasn't ever happened).

Nat Wentworth
ITB #2 Saab

JLawton
09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Raymond,
I'm not in the points race so I don't have a lot at stake, but I say go for it!! Either way, it's gonna be a heck of a race so come have some fun!!

jcmotorsports
09-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey Guys
I don't have a stake in the ITB race, but I could potentially affect the outcome of the ITS
points so for that reason I am going to run my now smashed up SSC civic. :happy204:
(gotta love the runoffs)
John Costello

dickita15
09-27-2005, 02:17 PM
raymond
driver who are competing in there first Narrc race of the year at the runoffs are not eligible for NARRC points. they are competing for the trophy only. now if you win I am not sure how the rest of the points get distribute, if you are concerned contact the pointskeeper.

RSTPerformance
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Dick-

Thanks for that info :)

Raymond "is that in the supps" Blethen ;)

dickita15
09-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Sep 27 2005, 04:22 PM
Raymond "is that in the supps" Blethen ;)

it is in the Narrc rules

TimM ITB
10-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Ray;

I just got home from LRP and saw your post. I have been going to LRP for the last 8 or 9 years (except last Memorial Day) for the end-of-year Busch North race (YEARS before I started in SCCA) at this time of year - a "guys weekend" thing with some buddies of mine. So, to answer your question; I appreciate you asking the question in the first place, but however it ends up, with you racing, is fine by me. I think back on the races this year where my luck was bad, and I ended up with a terrible finish (several punts in the Memorial Day weekend race at LRP, a faulty "kill" switch that ended a race, etc,) and it's just how things go. If I have done my math correctly, and because this is a double points race, I have to finish third or better to assure my situation regardless of what Scotty Carlson does. So, I, too will be racing for the win ( has never happened for me at LRP, so that's a challenge in itself) and hoping for at least a top 3 finish.

Come and race, if the points don't add up for me, too bad for me. If they do, I am all the happier.

Hey, while at LRP, I didn't see what happened, but heard that Paul Curran whacked the armco at the start of the uphill. I didn't get a chance to talk to him before he got the car on the trailer and headed home. I did see the car on the "hook" as he was coming in and it looked kinda hurt. I heard that he was OK, which is what counts. Hope that he can make it to LRP for the runoffs - great competitor and good guy.

See you at LRP, I hope.

Tim Mullen

TimM ITB
10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Just re-read the last post that I made, and sorry if there is confusion about Paul Curran and IT. He was running his Volvo in the Historic Group of racers, not IT - obviously there was no IT racing at LRP this weekend.

Tim M

JLawton
10-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Looks like we'll be running with the Prod guys. That's a first for me! Should make it all the more interesting!

That's too bad for Paul, he's only had a couple of races in the new car. :(