PDA

View Full Version : Whos going to WSRP Oct. 8-9?

Jiveslug
09-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey gang. I was wondering who was going to the double regional at Willow Springs on the 8th and 9th. Im going to head out there on Satruday to hang in the paddock and check out the action. Im also hoping to bring my camera so that I can get some decent pictures. Id actually like to be able to take pictures of peoples' racers so that I can see how others build their cages, suspensions, engines, etc and have them as visual aids as I continue building my car....

So, who is going?

Jive

BMW RACER
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Jive.

I'll be there.

Black BMW ITS 325is #71

I'll running in race groups 2 and 5

Come by.

Marcus Miller
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
:023:

And you won't find a better prepared car to take a look at.

I wish I was going! I have a points in Norcal that I'm likely to miss, the front suspension to the car will be in FL.

Marcus

lobster
09-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Well the Flying Pinto won't make it out to the track yet!! Still a TON of work to do to it. Lobster

Jiveslug
09-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by lobster@Sep 21 2005, 04:22 AM
Well the Flying Pinto won't make it out to the track yet!! Still a TON of work to do to it. Lobster

Sorry to hear that you guys wont be able to make it! I totally want to see the Flying Pinto, because that will be my competition. :P Not to mention that I think Marcus sounds hysterical and Im sure is good for many laughs…

Actually, John, I think I have met you before. I was out at Fontucky… er….. CA Speedway a couple of years ago for the first SCCA race there. I believe you were still driving your E30 and were working on the E36. I also met Jane Wesley, Sho Tagawa, and Jake? (cant remember his name. Drove a yellow GTI). I had a good time just hanging out with you guys. It will be good to do so again. Ill see you there!

Jive

Marcus Miller
09-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks! :023:

I'm a personality case where perfection and execution (winning) is everything to me. When girlfriend #300 left, I had to step back and look at what was important. I'm still deadly serious about my racing, but like to have a bit more fun, and build some memories for the future.

I wish I was going to be at Willow. :bash_1_:

Marcus

Jiveslug
09-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Hehe. Marcus, the trick is to find a woman who is just as odd (if not more-so) than you are. Speaking from personal experience, you find them in the strangest places. My wife was a cheerleader in high school and college and comes from a conservative mom-and-apple-pie family where divorce is non-existant. Her father is a cop, her mother a school-teacher, etc, etc. Me? Im pretty much her exact opposite. A social dissident uber nerd with a fundamental disrespect for authority who comes from a family where if a marriage lasts longer than 2 years you are considered to be "the old married couple" of the family. How do we work as a couple? She is somehow just as strange as I am. Not strange in the same way, mind you, but an odd-ball nonetheless. If an evil genious like myself can woo and marry a former homecoming court cheerleader, anything is possible my friend. :023:

Ok, I completely forgot where I was going with this. Oh yeah, let me know what races you ARE going to make over the next few months. I think it would be fun to hang. Hopefully it wont be too long before "Sherman" is ready to race (he's called that because he is rather tank-like. Heh).

Jive

Jiveslug
09-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh, hey Glenn, aka Lobster, I dont suppose you have a website or something for the Flying Pinto? Id love to see the car (well, when it was in one piece) and check out info about your racing team.

Jive

radelow
10-04-2005, 12:16 AM
I will be there for the Super School. Heading on Friday afternoon as we have an evening session. Hopefully you'll come over to Streets and say hi to us to! Look for the bright blue Spec Miata #76.

Marcus Miller
10-09-2005, 02:54 AM
and? how was it? anyone online? I'm dying up here.... :023:

Marcus, who has two race cars for different classes eligible to race this weekend, at two different events in Cali, but is not at the track.

radelow
10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Had a GREAT TIME and got my novice license signed off! I will be out there for the event the end of this month as my first race... I am excited (if not a LITTLE bit nervous.

The event went really smoothly. I rubbed fenders with a guy driving a rental Fastlane Celica. He seems to think it was all my fault but I tend to disagree. I was on the inside, he didn't give me room. Although I was not neck and neck with him so the way I see it we both are at fault. Nevertheless I have a dented fender and need to get the alignment done. That's racing! He was under the impression that I somehow should be financially liable for his rental car as I was completely at fault. The director disagreed, said it was shared responsibility but that the guy shouldn't be out there if he can't afford it.

Other than that it was a heck of a lot of fun and I can't wait for the end of this month!

Mark

Originally posted by Marcus Miller@Oct 9 2005, 01:54 AM
and? how was it? anyone online? I'm dying up here.... :023:

Marcus, who has two race cars for different classes eligible to race this weekend, at two different events in Cali, but is not at the track.

mgyip
10-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by radelow@Oct 12 2005, 10:13 PM
I rubbed fenders with a guy driving a rental Fastlane Celica. He seems to think it was all my fault but I tend to disagree. I was on the inside, he didn't give me room. Although I was not neck and neck with him so the way I see it we both are at fault. Nevertheless I have a dented fender and need to get the alignment done. That's racing! He was under the impression that I somehow should be financially liable for his rental car as I was completely at fault. The director disagreed, said it was shared responsibility but that the guy shouldn't be out there if he can't afford it.

CONGRATS on your license - now I have a car to drive when I make it back to the Left Coast, right? :023:

Where did you "rub" the Celica? If the front of your car was past the mid-line of the Celica's front door, it's essentially your line although it's still a judgement call - he should have left you racing room in anticipation that you were there and not going to back off. That's part of the learning curve.

Too bad the Celica pilot doesn't understand racing and the financial risks involved. He signed a contract with Fastlane that probably states that he is 100% responsible for the car. While I don't condone metal-to-metal, s##t happens when racing - tell the Celica rentor to suck it up and pay for the damage. When the General Li got hit, I didn't go asking for money - answers and an explaination but not financial compensation.