PDA

View Full Version : WDCR Current Points

spnkzss
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
We are going into the third week since MARRS 8&9 and wonder if anyone knows where the current points are? http://www.wdcr-scca.org has up through MARRS 6 and http://www.offtotheraces.net has up to MARRS 7.

I have to know who to give a hard time to about possibly beating them in points this year before MARRS 10 :)

mgyip
09-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Send an email off the Bruce, the Points Keeper - he's usually good about keeping the points up to date.

Speaking of points, I've pretty much written off 2005 - I can't get into an ITA car for M10 but maybe with the 2 drops, I'll still be in the top 50. :angry:

Gregg
09-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 20 2005, 04:12 PM
Speaking of points, I've pretty much written off 2005 - I can't get into an ITA car for M10 but maybe with the 2 drops, I'll still be in the top 50. :angry:

Welcome to my world, Matt. :unsure:

Anyways, I'll fire off another note to you know who about the timely updates by you know who and how a you know what (content management system) doesn't help much when there's no content to manage.

RP Performance
09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 20 2005, 08:12 PM
Send an email off the Bruce, the Points Keeper - he's usually good about keeping the points up to date.

Matt I have a few Miatas for rent if you want to try one out. Or a Spec RX-7 if you want to go run with dangerous Dave? I heard that he likes the RX-7's.

spnkzss
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM

Speaking of points, I've pretty much written off 2005 - I can't get into an ITA car for M10 but maybe with the 2 drops, I'll still be in the top 50. mad.gif

Sent an email to Bruce on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.

Come on Yip. We built Kevin a new car in 2 weeks, we can still build one for you. I even heard a rumor that you got a new shell. Lets cut the roof off and have some fun. :)

dave parker
09-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Spanky
Please be aware that the Friday after the Double Bruce Shelton's mother in law died. This may have delayed his getting the points standings to the appropriate people. And now that it is RunOffs week i doubt that it will be done for at least another week.
You will have me beat in points so that is no worry.

Gregg,
It is time to start the campaign again.

Brett
I will be sitting out MARRS 10 so that i will actually have a car left to turn into an H Production car for the 2006 season. I have grown very weary of the beat and bang associated with the SRX7 group(great guys off the track) and the stewards will NOT do anything about it.
So i have chosen(along with several other ITC drivers) to abstain. Anyone care to join me?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

RP Performance
09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 20 2005, 08:52 PM
Spanky
Please be aware that the Friday after the Double Bruce Shelton's mother in law died. This may have delayed his getting the points standings to the appropriate people. And now that it is RunOffs week i doubt that it will be done for at least another week.

Gregg,

Brett
I will be sitting out MARRS 10 so that i will actually have a car left to turn into an H Production car for the 2006 season. I have grown very weary of the beat and bang associated with the SRX7 group(great guys off the track) and the stewards will NOT do anything about it.
So i have chosen(along with several other ITC drivers) to abstain. Anyone care to join me?
cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Can't say that I blame you Dave. I have a car but want to keep it for school.

ITABrad
09-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 20 2005, 08:12 PM

I would recommend the MARRS Series to anyone who enjoys points racing. You guys have displayed great sportsmanship towards me. My wife and I have enjoyed meeting all of you this year. I commented on the organization of the DC Region when I was still looking for a series to run. They did not disappoint me. Matt, Gregg, and Bill, sorry about your tough season. I hope I can handle adversity as well as you guys when my day comes. We're looking forward to 10.
See you all then.
Brad

mgyip
09-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Sep 20 2005, 03:37 PM
Matt I have a few Miatas for rent if you want to try one out. Or a Spec RX-7 if you want to go run with dangerous Dave? I heard that he likes the RX-7's.

I thought about that but with no cash, it's tough to rent a car - I may have to resort to selling BODY PARTS instead of just sexual favors...

I'll be there albeit in ITB doing a test and tune on a 2002.

mlytle
09-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 20 2005, 08:52 PM
Spanky

Gregg,

Brett
cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

yo dave...if you an several other itc drivers go to production, will there be any itc cars left? not a real big class to start with...

of course our its crowd is getting pretty sparse too.

srx769
09-23-2005, 10:40 AM
:119:
Originally posted by spnkzss@Sep 20 2005, 03:47 PM
Sent an email to Bruce on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.

Come on Yip. We built Kevin a new car in 2 weeks, we can still build one for you. I even heard a rumor that you got a new shell. Lets cut the roof off and have some fun. :)

srx769
09-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 20 2005, 03:52 PM
Spanky

Gregg,

Brett
cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Sorry to hear that Dave, Ive had so much fun racing with you fender to fender all year, without scuffing your paint at all. Going to H production, are ya.

dave parker
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Brian
Yeah H Production is the plan.
Please be aware that it is not you. I too have enjoyed our races together. May be some of the other SRX7 guys could learn from us(a scary thought) that it is possible to race door to door,fender to fender and NOT touch. AND have a GREAT time doing it. Unfortunately, my 1976 Scirocco can not take the beat and bang from racing with SRX7.

Hey is the pool still open?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

mlytle
09-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 23 2005, 03:39 PM
Brian
Please be aware that it is not you. I too have enjoyed our races together. May be some of the other SRX7 guys could learn from us(a scary thought) that it is possible to race door to door,fender to fender and NOT touch. AND have a GREAT time doing it. Unfortunately, my 1976 Scirocco can not take the beat and bang from racing with SRX7.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

of course, you may not have to race with srx7 next year dave....we do have some serious run group rearranging to do this winter.

dave parker
09-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Marshall
Yes I am positive that there will be a major grouping realignment done again this winter.
But in the grand scheme of things what good does that do? Another year with yet another group of drivers to figure out how to race with. Plus with the luck (and low participation numbers) that ITC has it will probably get thrown in with Spec Miata or SSM, which is as bad in the beat and bang driving style as SRX7. I have grown weary of this after years of racing with the MARRS series. It just gets tired. I am the first to admit that ITC is a dying class, and perhaps the region leadership was trying to kill ITC off by grouping it with SRX7 who knows. But I keep looking at the production guys, who generally run with the same other classes year after year. The production guys are running old cars(like mine) and generally do not hit each other because they(like me) are racing cars made of unobtainium (like mine). So Production seems to be the logical next step for me since the region stewards will not enforce the rules about contact on the course.

It comes down to this, I want to race, but i want to race cleanly and without having to do bodywork to my car after EVERY race weekend. Which the many of the spec class drivers do not seem to understand.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97 (for now)

mlytle
09-26-2005, 04:52 PM
up to date marrs points are now posted on the official wdcr/ marrs/ points page.

marshall
happy its guy...

22timber
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
You should be happy, Marshall. You almost have it in the bag!

Mark Lapos
ITS RX7 #23

mlytle
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 22timber@Sep 26 2005, 09:57 PM
You should be happy, Marshall. You almost have it in the bag!

Mark Lapos
ITS RX7 #23

hi mark! up until today i thought it was just going to be the two of us "black cars" for marrs 10. a couple more folks finally signed up..

marshall

srx769
09-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 23 2005, 10:39 AM
Brian

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Drained the pool yesterday, believe me the water had become so cold that after I jumped in it last week , I coulda danced at vixens . Again have enjoyed racing with ya, Depending on how it runs I may run my ita car next year ...

dave parker
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Brian
You have mentally scarred me for life. The mental image of you dancing at VGC is more than my little brain can cope with. :119:

I am sure that we will have chances to race together again.

Either way I still have the videos which you should come by the homestead and watch sometime this winter.

Let me know when you are free for several hours of race videos and cold adult beverages.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

mgyip
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 28 2005, 08:12 AM
You have mentally scarred me for life. The mental image of you dancing at VGC is more than my little brain can cope with. :119:

I'll give you a mental image that'll sear into your eyes - since ITA is doing the worker lunch at MARRS 10, I was thinking of the Hawaiian theme where I wear my little grass skirt and a coconut bra while dancing the hula...

RP Performance
09-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 28 2005, 02:50 PM
I'll give you a mental image that'll sear into your eyes - since ITA is doing the worker lunch at MARRS 10, I was thinking of the Hawaiian theme where I wear my little grass skirt and a coconut bra while dancing the hula...

Thanks Matt, I should know better then to read this fourm while eating lunch

JamesB
09-28-2005, 11:45 AM
wow seriously I think I am glad it looks like I wont be able to attend.

dave parker
09-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Matt
I think that I will skip lunch today. PUKE!!!!

Brett
Do you need someone to sweep the floors and clean the bathroom at your shop? I think I need a job that keeps me away from Yip and the Internet.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

JamesB
09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Dave you must not have used a shop bathroom in a while, it makes my bathroom during bachelor pad days look clean. Even though im a bachelor again, this voice in my head nags me once a week to clean it now.....strange.

dave parker
09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Rule #11 Always Do What The Voices In Your Head Tell You To Do.

They are always right aren't they?

:D
cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

JamesB
09-29-2005, 01:30 PM
The only time I question the voices is after a night of bar hopping. So far they where only wrong once.