PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tranny pulling Right.

p99ro
09-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi
I was at The Glen this weekend. Car was working well. I had flat footed from turn 1 to the top of the sss. But heard a vibration then car pulled right at about 110mph
or so. I thought maybe I cut a tire. The car pulled right I of course start hearing things hissss Oh nuts in my healmut. Pull off. Got out. waited. Went back out and found the tire fine. MAN.???? So I drove back to the trailer. Now I tryed some 1st gear cluch drops. Found the car learching HARD right each time. I`ve drop the cluch before and it never ever pulled to the right like that. So.????
You guys are pretty good so what ya got.
Thanks
Scott CRXsi NER ITA 0

zracre
09-19-2005, 11:13 PM
did it spin both tires or just one? jack it up and spin the wheels to see if an axle or something let go...

mavis
09-20-2005, 10:11 AM
cv joint is broken

B90278
09-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by mavis@Sep 20 2005, 02:11 PM
cv joint is broken

I agree with Mavis

charrbq
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Ditto the CV :(

p99ro
09-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks
I checked the left wheel on the left in gear. Locked and will not spin. So this weekend I`ll drop the car off the trailer and try the right as well as pulling off the axels and pray you guys are right An axel is a lot cheaper and easyer to change. It seemed to happen after I shifted into 5th. But man. You know when things are moving forward your getting in that grove and starting to have some fun. knowing you can improve your position and Its happening. I know you know. Then NUTS.
I `ll ley you know what happens. It was the first weekend I got to drive the car since last year. Started to forget about road driving and started to race. Like going to a strip club and waking up.
You know.
Thaks again.
Cheers Scott

By the way Tom Blaney I Had the Best finish with your motor do I still win the Prize? He he? Larry pulled out that leaves me. :023:

Tom Blaney
09-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by p99ro@Sep 23 2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks
I checked the left wheel on the left in gear. Locked and will not spin. So this weekend I`ll drop the car off the trailer and try the right as well as pulling off the axels and pray you guys are right An axel is a lot cheaper and easyer to change. It seemed to happen after I shifted into 5th. But man. You know when things are moving forward your getting in that grove and starting to have some fun. knowing you can improve your position and Its happening. I know you know. Then NUTS.
I `ll ley you know what happens. It was the first weekend I got to drive the car since last year. Started to forget about road driving and started to race. Like going to a strip club and waking up.
You know.
Thaks again.
Cheers Scott

By the way Tom Blaney I Had the Best finish with your motor do I still win the Prize? He he? Larry pulled out that leaves me. :023:

Yes Scott, You received the $100 shop credit, I was too annoyed about Windell's afterburners that I lost track. :smilie_pokal:

Congradulations, now you have to shoot for the $250 cash prize at the NARRC :happy204:

Although you will have to race against ol #26 now that it's in the hands of Doug Case and Dave Hoffman.