PDA

View Full Version : RV for sale near me

jake7140
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM
There is a one of the mid-seventies GMC dually class A rv's for sale near me if anyone is interested. They seem to go by the name palm beach, eleganza or kingsly. Price started at 'best offer', now has $7,500 on the windshield. This was owned byan older couple, has lived at this location as long as I can remember, and at first glance appears to be in wonderful shape.

If anyone wants more info email me privately.

Despr8dave
09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Neat coaches and real modern for their time, but front wheel drive Olds engine, not really great for towing, but having a motorhome at the track is awesome.......!
David

joeg
09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
At current fuel prices, I would have no idea just how low a best offer might get on one of these puppies.

chuck baader
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Last year I bought a '94 diesel pusher....36k on the clock. Excellent condition and pulls my open trailer like it is not there. Fuel mileage is about 9mpg with trailer, 10+ without, and that is irrespective of terraine or speed. It just does not seem to care. Best racing investment I have ever made. Even though gas has gone stupid, I still am money ahead by taking the MH and having my own bed/breakfast at the track. Were I looking to buy a tow vehicle such as a dualy, for the same or less money a 94-95-96 diesel pusher can be purchased with which to play at the track. Chuck

ITANorm
09-10-2005, 02:06 PM
FWIW, the GMC's are true classics - in the vein of '65- '66 Mustangs. If it runs, I'd buy it and put it up for sale on eBay or a motorhome sales website. Then I'd take my profits and do what Chuck said. ;)

I went from an open trailer / motel, to a LQ trailer, to a diesel-pusher motorhome. I have no desire to go back.

jake7140
09-11-2005, 09:58 PM
That was my thought too. Try a low-ball and wait. While there is a bit of support out there, they are kind of odd ducks, but cool.

Maybe it could tow a Jensen-Healy, and someone could get their odd ducks in a row!

Either that or rent it out for wedding party tranport. That was the vehicle that me and mine had for our wedding. What a party starter!