PDA

View Full Version : Titanium IT7 sold to Tom Sprecher

titanium
09-07-2005, 08:54 PM
New forum member Tom Sprecher purchased the Titanium Motorsports IT7 last week.
He ask what to run in this question on the forum: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...topic=2422&st=0 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2422&st=0)
I have enjoyed racing in IT7 immensely the last 5 years. I wish Tom the best of luck with 'my' car.
I want to thank all the current and former IT racers with whom it was a pleasure to 'bump draft' with.
It was not the easiest decision to sell. Especially being second in points in the CFR SCCA with 3 race weekends left to go.
But, I need to move on. It's time to start the next project.
[attachmentid=20]
I will continue to be an active forum member, and will probably do an enduro or two next season.
Plans are also in place to defend our victory in IT7 at the Tropical 12 hour.
Rodney Williamson
Titanium Motorsports (http://www.titaniummotorsports.com)
formerly #93 IT7

Mike Guenther
09-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Rodney, I'm glad you sold your car so that you can pursue your next project. It was fun racing with you while I was in IT-7. You were always very clean and trustworthy to race with side by side. You were also a complete gentleman the couple of times we bumped or traded a little paint. I wish you good luck in the next class you try out. You're gonna love that horsepower. :023:

Tom, welcome to the IT-7 class. I am certain you will find many great weekends and many new friends. You bought a really nicely prepared car. Have fun and be safe. I look forward to meeting you and maybe racing with you if I ever finish building my IT-7 car.

tom_sprecher
09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag. That's OK, as having been part of a CFC team for the past 4 years I have not had the oportunity to meet anyone who runs IT in the SEDiv, yet, so nobody outside of the Formula Group knows who I am anyway. Ricky Thompson came out of the rain and stayed for dinner the last time at CMP where I met Tristan Smith as well. I talked to Scott Franklin of Greenville, SC while looking at different cars and asking questions. I have briefly met some guys while helping Sandy and Fletcher with paddock parking at Road Atlanta and handing out the SARRC year end awards to anyone in the Atlanta region as I am their SARRC representative. Other than that it will be fun to meet new people and actually race with them as well.

Rod, the car is a real beauty! It is very nicely prepared and extremely well kept. I hope I can only do better, if possible, so please don't be offended if I ask questions on this forum. Thanks for letting me bounce some of my ideas off you last night. I can't believe you have already started on the Mustang. Bud, you sure don't waste any time.

Mike, if you ever find yourself at Road Atlanta, CMP, Roebling, or Lowe's I hope it's because your finished your car so look me up. Actually, that goes for all you guys. I hope to introduce the great group of people I hang out with running Formula with the folks running IT at one of the parties we throw at every race. So if you see an IT7 parked with a bunch of Formula cars don't be shy and stop buy for a beer and some good eats!

Tom Sprecher
Benchmark Racing

CaptainWho
09-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the insanity, Tom. :-)