PDA

View Full Version : SIC Question

DavidM
09-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I managed to make 3 SARRC races this year in my rookie season and have duely received my SIC invitation. I had a quick question on qualifying. I seem to remember reading somewhere that you needed to qualify within some percentage (think it was 10%) of the pole in your class for the SIC. I didn't see this in the Sups, but wanted to check to see if this was still the case.

I think I'll be OK as I ran a 31 my first time at the track before my oil filter backed off and sent me spinning at the end of the front straight. I then spent most of the rest of the weekend working on various issues on the car and only managed to make it on the track for the last race. A 1:31 would put me within 10% of 1:23. Just checking to see if I even need to worry about it.

Thanks.

David

chuck baader
09-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I believe that will apply only if there is a participation problem: i.e., too many cars in a class/group. Chuck

zracre
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey Im planning on going to the SIC as well...I did not make the last double race (tow vehicle issues and $$$ issues) so I will need to do the test day as I have never driven there...do I call the track and pre register for that? Thanks in advance.

Hammer
09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Test day registration is Friday morning at the tech shed.

bodyshop
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Highjack...

Hammer,
I even get a gratuitous plug in your signature???...I guess we better break out one of the free bodyshopdotcom license plates for that red beast of yours.

see ya soon.
:023:

Hammer
09-08-2005, 12:26 AM
I try to help all my sponsors.

I was even handing out your card as they were dragging off the Wrecked Miata's after Sunday mornings race. Can you still fit two of them in the paint booth at at the same time. :bash_1_: