PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Parking at the Glen

jjadczak
09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Our team is planing on running at the Glen back to back weekends in October. We have both a 34 foot motor home and a 34 foot support vehicle aka "PORSCHE-IT" that houses both our Porsche 924's. Some of you may have already seen "PORSCHE-IT" at the track at either Pocono, Summit or the Glen. It's a converted horse truck with a lift inside to stack both our race cars, tires, gear and enough spares to make a IRL team blush.

Anyway with gas prices being out of control it really is going to be too costly to drive both vehicles back and forth from Philly to the Glen on back to back weekends. The gas alone will run us around $800-1000.

Do any of you guys know where we could park both vehicles for like 5 days between EMRA and SCCA race weekends? I think I heard somewhere that the track would allow you to park your vehicle on their property behind the registration building on Bronson Hill road.

If that option is not available to us, for a nominal storage fee we could park our vehicles close to the track for a couple of days but since we really don't know anyone in that area I need some help to try to contact someone about storage.

Any help from the collective community is greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Jadczak
F.L.A.G. Mototsports

joeg
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Jeremy--Since the weekends do not overlap all the big September races, call the track and see if thet will let you store near the registartion building.

crewchic
09-06-2005, 08:06 PM
[B] If you find no other options, there is a KOA Campground in Watkins Glen about 10 minutes from the track. We've stayed there on occasion and found it a nice place and seemed secure. I don't know if they give any discount for multi-day discount and you won't need any electric or dump hookup (since you're not staying, only your rigs), but our rate was around $32/night. Still cheaper than fuel, if you don't find any alternative sites.

Watkins Glen KOA Campground
Route 414 South
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
(607) 535-7404
(800) 562-7430
http://www.koakampgrounds.com/where/ny/32161/

Good luck!