PDA

View Full Version : Source for Gotti wheel parts?

lateapex911
09-05-2005, 01:53 AM
I have recently aquired a set of 5 Gotti 3 peice 13 x 7" wheels with a 4" backset and 4 x 110 bolt spacing. (or is it 4 x 100? I always forget...whatever it is it is NOT the same as Hondas and VWs.)

Sadly, they are rather mangy. Assiming that slight runout areas of 1/16" laterally is OK, a new inner and a new outer rim half would help make it a set of 4 usable wheels.

Where can I get them? Any ideas? Is Gotti owned by some other parent company?

Or would it be cheaper to just buy some other set. They are pretty neat weighing in at 9 pounds, and have a certain vintage look.....

ddewhurst
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Jake, I entered Gotti wheels in a search engine & the response was everything from e-bay sales of Gotti to wheel houses that sell Gotti to one of your neighbors in the North East mafia John. ;)

lateapex911
09-05-2005, 01:48 PM
me too.....I found a company that will sell me Gotti wheels for my Alpine 110, or my Rocketsports Jag Xk RS, or some 24" x 10" Chrome jobs for $3600......each!

And of course, there is a site with all the info on where the missing Gotti steering wheel is buried..

But so far no silly rim halves for long forgotten dinky little 13" riace wheels.

Ebay was not productive.

Bill Miller
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Jake,

Have you looked at one of the other wheel house? Any chance you could get them made by someone else? Probably won't be cheap, and you may be better off buy a new set of Panasports, but it might be worth a try.

Jake
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Sep 5 2005, 11:32 PM
Jake,

Have you looked at one of the other wheel house? Any chance you could get them made by someone else? Probably won't be cheap, and you may be better off buy a new set of Panasports, but it might be worth a try.

I think your best bet it to take them to Precision Wheel in Branford CT - they brought one of my Revolutions back from the dead and can probably get or fabricate the parts to rebuilt yours.

lateapex911
09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Excellent! Or just straighten what I have...they aren't THAT bad..

So, post your Summit story (In the NE section) ...I am dying to know...I was wishing I was there all weekend.