PDA

View Full Version : neon support

dickita15
09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I have heard that mopar is very supportive of neon IT efforts. IT crate motors and diffs and such. is it true? does anyone have contact information.

RSTPerformance
09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
dick- You are not considering a neon are you???

Raymond

joeg
09-02-2005, 07:46 AM
IT Crate motors...from the factory hmmmmmmm...

Speed Raycer
09-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I don't know that they are as "supportive" as Mazda, but they do have some factory IT parts.

I believe the parts are in the standard Mopar Performance catalog. There are a couple of places that carry the parts as well. Forward Performance and Howell IIRC. I usually come across them in searches for Neon Camber plate searches.

mcgyverit
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/neon.html

http://www.campbellenterprises.com/neon_hi...mance_parts.htm (http://www.campbellenterprises.com/neon_high_performance_parts.htm)

Here are a couple of performance sites that I drool at once in a while.

At work I have a link for the IT crate motor, I will post it Tuesday when I get back.

Steve

RacerBill
09-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Dick: Mopar Performance catalog does indeed carry performance parts for Neons. I picked one up when I started my Shelby project. Cool stuff!

Rabbit07
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Although Mopar did offer parts for the Neon in IT, They have discontinued everything as of this year. The Warehouse has been purged. Many of the Mopar Dealers are still in possesion of the parts, but they are no longer in the Mopar Inventory. I work for a company that has a good working relationship with Dodge Motorsports. I was told that due to little sales of the items they were dropped. You can blame the SCCA for having the car classed in ITS for so long. I built an ITA car this year from an old SSC car. I used most of the Mopar goodies; The coil-overs, the spherical bushed control arms, the quiafe, the IT crate motor, the contoller, the camber plates, underdrive pulley, ect. The car is fun and fairly competitive. I believe that with some more work on the driver and the car it might be a regular on the podium.

dickita15
09-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit07@Sep 7 2005, 12:18 PM
Although Mopar did offer parts for the Neon in IT, They have discontinued everything as of this year. The Warehouse has been purged.

well that is unfortunate timing. it would seem with the current cheap supply of cars and more favorable classing it could now be a succesful program. of course i read somewhere that they were going to drop the name neon anyway.
thanks for the info

lateapex911
09-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit07@Sep 7 2005, 12:18 PM
....... I was told that due to little sales of the items they were dropped. You can blame the SCCA for having the car classed in ITS for so long.........

And hurricane Katrina was Bushes fault.

Low sales was the reason you heard, but you are deciding the "Why" behind the low sales.

Sure, IF the car was classed in ITA, sales MAY have been greater... and they MIGHT still be selling them.....or not. Maybe sales would not have been strong enough...you just don't know.

IF Chysler cared, they could have contacted the SCCA, and therefor the ITAC with an inquiry as well.

Or maybe the supplier of the parts had a falling out.

Things are rarely as simple as people like to make them.

Rabbit07
09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Chrysler tried for years to have the car reclassed, to no avail.