PDA

View Full Version : nhis ita reslts

dazzlesa
08-29-2005, 08:34 AM
jeremy 1st
brandon 2nd
rick 3rd
victor.4th
that is what i remeber. semi wet track,antony on the pole,he did not race.awesome job by jeremy and brandon. victor gave me hell for third. tricky slippery,no full course cautions.
one wild moment is when brendon was on the outside of me in 1and 2 for the lead while slidding. boy am i glad that my car is in one piece :) :) :) . the race was probably a blast to watch. rick

nlevine
08-29-2005, 08:51 AM
We had some fun mid-pack as well. I made the worng tire choice and went out on rains (old narrow Yokohama A032s) instead of my Hoosier drys - those things were howling by the end, and I had no confidence in them going through the oval - or anywhere else for that matter.

Some interesting in-car footage of Rob B's spins in the oval (Rob - I'll send you a CD with them when I get the chance to dump the data onto my computer) - especially the one where he's starting to spin in front of me, then you see him flash across in the rear-view mirror :o .. At least nobody got hurt..

-noam

7racing
08-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Aug 29 2005, 12:34 PM
jeremy 1st
brandon 2nd
rick 3rd
victor.4th
that is what i remeber. semi wet track,antony on the pole,he did not race.awesome job by jeremy and brandon. victor gave me hell for third. tricky slippery,no full course cautions.
one wild moment is when brendon was on the outside of me in 1and 2 for the lead while slidding. boy am i glad that my car is in one piece :) :) :) . the race was probably a blast to watch. rick

moto62
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
What happened to the Acura train? :119: How did Richie Hunter do. Can we get some details? Please?

dazzlesa
08-30-2005, 07:51 AM
qualifying was anthony 1:154, jeremy, rich, rick, brandon. i think rich dnf'd. i do not know why.
i had an awesome start and took the lead for about 2 laps . then brandon challenged me and passed me in 3. i went up the embankment and i got really cautious after that. slowly jeremy and brandon pulled away. then vicotr caught me and drove me hard. victor passed me at one point only to slid through the last corner onto the oval. the acuras were out driven in the slick conditions. rick

7racing
08-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Hmmm.....I had a post on here....not sure what happened.

Anyway, I think the Nissans were handling the slower turns better than the Acuras were. At least at 11 (sorry Victor/Rick.....) they seemed to be entering more slowly than I was.

The oval was slick, I pushed up out of the line once and got sideways once or twice. Seemed to be OK everywhere else.

I got lucky in traffic an pulled away from Brandon in the other 240 some and that was all that I needed. Great race by everyone (no major wrecks that I saw).

Jeremy

Doc Bro
08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
The ita race must have been awesome to watch! I had the same set-up as Noam and regretted it severly after about 30 secs. of racing. WRONG TIRES! I got a good start on the inside and was somewhere around 7 or 8th coming out of NASCAR2 when the car went into a big spin in front of the rest of the pack stopping about 2 feet away from the wall! I though I was dead! Noam just missed tearing my nose off as I slid up the track. I am really sorry if any of the guys behind me needed to take their driving suits to the cleaners Mon AM. I would have never purposefully put anyone in harms way. Thankfully we were all safe. I battled back to 9th only to spin again in the same turn- in front of Noam again!! (Sorry again friend). I very happily took my 10th and learned my lesson. I'm sure my disability insurance agent is proud! :) Looking forward to the NHIS double. Congrats Jeremy.

BB Racer
08-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Aug 29 2005, 12:34 PM
jeremy 1st
brandon 2nd
rick 3rd
victor.4th

My perspective:

A great race. I finally got through all the bugs in the nissan, and boy having a car that runs right is a lot more fun. I qualified on my old tires to save rubber for the race and started 5th. New tires for the race. I got a good start and went to go around Hunter on the outside and have marks on both my mirrors from getting pinched into the wall. No big deal though, phew. Then the first time through the oval was interesting, just trying to figure out how slippery it really was, and that it wasn't consistent all the way through. Coming out of turn two Rick was in first with me, Jeremy and Victor 3 wide behind. Victor kept sliding up and we actually made contact, definately a deep breath moment to hit at the fastest part of the track. Somehow Victor got through 3 well and at the end of the first lap it was Rick, Victor, Me, and Jeremy. I managed to get a run through 11-12 and passed victor through the oval, the car was all over the place but i was still able to get around the outside. The next lap led to the afformentioned pass attempt on Rick, through the oval side by side. He held me off, but the next lap i made the pass stick in 3 when i figured out the rumble strips on the inside were actually dry enough to drive over. Tried to pull away from there but Jeremy kept the pressure on, and as mentioned the conditions were quite trecherous, especially through the oval. We had a great run, and eventually he made the best of my mistake and traffic. Unfortunately whoever was in the red BMW really didn't watch their mirror and screwed up any last lap chance of pressuring Jeremy. Congrats to Jeremy, and thanks to everyone for a exciting, fun race.

P.S. Rick, Andy B. was in turn 1 and got some great footage of the start and our side by side run through the oval. I'll try to get it posted somewhere.

Brandon B

biovic
08-30-2005, 09:06 PM
QUOTE *BB Racer*
"Coming out of turn two Rick was in first with me, Jeremy and Victor 3 wide behind. Victor kept sliding up and we actually made contact, definately a deep breath moment to hit at the fastest part of the track. Somehow Victor got through 3 well and at the end of the first lap it was Rick, Victor, Me, and Jeremy. I managed to get a run through 11-12 and passed victor through the oval, the car was all over the place but i was still able to get around the outside."

I agree with Brandon and Rick, it was a good race with lots of slipping and sliding.
Brandon and I connected on the first lap coming out of the oval as we were 3 wide, but we were both able to retain control and keep driving straight. I had 2nd for a couple laps then Brandon passed me on the low line in the oval (he did that a few times to people). The next lap Jeremy had a strong pull up over 4 and 5 and took the inside of 6. I stayed to the outside and waited for him to pass low so I could get a good run through the bowl. I turned in to the descending apex but didn't realize Richard was coming through low and my rear quarter hit with his front fender and I went sliding into the grass across the apex and continued up the hill. I looked back to see Richard slowing, I think his fender was rubbing his wheel (saw his car after but didn't know to what extent the damage was).
I followed Rick around for many laps, waiting for him to make a mistake. But after passing him in turn 3 with 2 laps to go, I was the one to make the mistake in turn 11. Although the track was wet in many places, I think ITA was one of the only race groups to have a non-rain session.

Victor
03 ITA

FastM3
08-30-2005, 10:09 PM
I was in the #88 Silver Miata (Rigoli Racing Enterprises car) for the ITA race

The Black BMW spun and scared the heck out of me :blink: . That set me back a bit. From that point there was some catching up to be done. I got behind the red BMW and we worked past several cars. I could brake deeper and carry more speed in several corners, but he was braver than me in the oval. ( I guess Hoosiers stick better than 4 year old Toyos) and he pulled me going towards 3 every lap. I could get close but not by. Maybe 2.7 liters pull better than 1.6 liters

I was hoping to cause him to make a BIG mistake in 12 but Brandon was coming by. The BMW did point Brandon by on the right. Actually I thought he was pointing me by (Oh, Thanks very much I said to myself :happy204: ) as I was REALLY REALLY CLOSE, but I guess he did not mean me as he closed the door really hard.

It was a fun race though.

Thanks everyone for being safe :023:

Phil K
# 88 L88KOUT RACING MIATA