PDA

View Full Version : RAL Enduro Results

16v
08-27-2005, 09:20 PM
1. ITE #77 Oliva/M Sabatello/Oliva
2. T2 #38 350Z Bogart/L Maloney
3. ITA #3 Mushnick/J Sheppard

The ITA car had a 40s lead with 8 min to go in the event when the LF tire went flat. Brian came in for the tire change and came back out just behind the #77.

An awesome race all the way. Photos tomorrow night

16v
08-27-2005, 09:34 PM
winner

crewchic
08-27-2005, 10:43 PM
[B]Congrats to all the enduro winners ... but what about results for ITB?

16v
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
sorry, I was going by memory. Smart/Austin were first in B, not sure about overall. All the results should be online by Tuesday

67ITB
08-28-2005, 11:12 PM
[quote]
[B]Congrats to all the enduro winners ... but what about results for ITB?

[/quote

In ITB Austin and Smarty were 13th overall (BMW)

Baldoni, Garrett, and Melbin 18th overall (VW)
Edit to add that
there was an Alfa that went out early(40-50 laps I think)

cant wait till the next one

Matt Bal

16v
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
who is that masked man?

http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/05/05Enduro/images/DSC_9097.jpg

7racing
08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 16v@Aug 28 2005, 01:20 AM
The ITA car had a 40s lead with 8 min to go in the event when the LF tire went flat. Brian came in for the tire change and came back out just behind the #77.

So F-N close! Argh!

How many laps were completed in the 4 hours? And the top 3 were all on the same lap, I think. That alone was awesome....

And a big THANK YOU to all the workers for the event! :happy204: :happy204: :happy204:

Jeremy

BB Racer
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
:( 2nd place. It was a great race all the way through, and the results don't show the SPU car that was in it for the win until 30 minutes to go. And the unfortunate problems for the FOM mazda dropped another challenger out. Changing to 4 hours really changed the game in an interesting way. 3 hours we had it in the bag, but live and learn we also needed a tire change in the Z to make the 4 hours. Plus we had a left rear wheel that was falling off due to some broken wheel studs. Interesting to say the least.

I've been wondering, anyone know who was driving the Miata I had contact with. And even better, anyone got any video. It was red and black, following Serge L's car about 1:15 into the race and from my perspective just totally missed me right beside them and caused me a spin and a huge loss of time. I'm interested to hear another side of the story, or see a video as there was a lot of racing after that and it all gets blurry a few days later. Luckily no injuries or serious damage, but a major frustration to lose the time and a huge oh S--t moment to spin in between 2 and 3. Too many walls and too high speed there :o .

DaveITB1
08-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Team Jagermeister (Austin/Smart) want to tip our hats to Eli Garrett, Matthew Baldoni, and Julie Melbin in the Yellow Scirocco for a nail-biter of a race in ITB.

They had the good sense of changing tires when they changed drivers. I clocked 2 tire changes in their pit during a driver change, at less than 35 seconds. Not to shabby considering none of us has NASCAR backing......

Team Jagermeister went out on brand new Hoosiers, and 4hrs later, came back in on 4 tires down to their chords. Smarty drove the first 2hrs, and I the last two. My tires went away with about 45 minutes left in the race. Turn 3 and the Boot were like skating on ice. I had to turn, hand over hand, and mash the gas to get the axx-end to come around and get the car to turn in. We were VERY suprised that none of the tires went flat on us. We now know that limits of the new S04 DOT tires. Bob was going to bring them back to the distributor and complain that we only got one heat cycle in them :lol:

2hrs at the wheel was exhausting, but a great time. We are hoping that this race goes to 6hrs next year, as discussed at the driver meeting. For the most part, it was a very clean race, considering the amount of time we were out there.

Keep an eye out on the NESCCA Enduro Web Page for photos from the event. My apologies to those teams that I didn't get to for a picture. If you are at the Glen for the next enduro, find me and I'll add your team in.
http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/enduroseries.htm

Lastly, kudos to the workers for enduring (ha ha) 4 straight hours at their positions. Remember racers, without these VOLUNTEERS, we aren't on the track.

Hope to see you all at the Glen for the 3hr.

///////////////////////////////////////////

The Remaining 2005 Schedule

October 15 - 3-Hours at Watkins Glen
Glen Region
Marie Sheehe - (607) 732-8679
[email protected]

October 29-30 - 2-Hour Lake Erie Invitational at Nelson Ledges
Western New York Region
Karen Frieder - (716) 693-7199
[email protected]

///////////////////////////////////////////

Dave Austin / Bob Smart
Team Jagermeister
#1 ITB BMW

16v
08-31-2005, 12:30 AM
http://www.the16v.com/SCCA/05/05Enduro/images/DSC_9138.jpg

67ITB
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Dave,
Thanks for the kind words.
Now if only the Scirocco had a 15-gallon tank we could have made it a real race.
As a former autoxer that was by far the longest I have ever been in a racecar but it really felt great. We all enjoyed racing you both, and I think you need to get your co-driver to bring some more tires to the battle next year. With a Mandatory 3 minute stop there was no reason not to change tires (except for the $$)
Also thanks to all the corner workers for keeping us safe and to our team of crew dogs that made sure we were always ready to go well before the 3 minute mark (Dick Shine, Steve Herlin, Bob H, Jeff Lawton, Dick, Dan and to anyone I forgot I apologize)

Doug, as for that masked man I don’t know who he is, but I can tell that he was struggling to lift that HUGE fuel can =)

Matt Bal