PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Labor Day now a SARRC Race

CFRRaceBoard
08-27-2005, 11:32 AM
:happy204: At the request of the SARRC Committee, the Central Florida Region has agreed to conduct a SARRC race at its' Labor Day event on the Sebring Long Course. Repeat..this Sebring event will now include a SARRC race on Sunday, September 4th. This late change was made necessary due to the cancellation of the AMS race that same weekend. CFR will further waive late fees for those drivers who were pre-entered for the Atlanta Region race. If possible, retrieve an entry form from the CFR website at www.CFRSCCA.org and fax it to the registrar at 407-568-6902 PRIOR to WEDNESDAY August, 31. The registar's email address is [email protected].

RussMcB
08-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Awesome. Thank you, CFR, and SARRC representatives, for coming forward with great ideas on such short notice.

AMS in an hour from my house and it was a double SARRC, but this gesture will have me seriously considering the longer drive to Sebring.

zracre
08-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn...now it looks like I need to work on the car this week!!

DavidM
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Very tempting. I guess my entry fee for the second SARRC could go towards travel expenses.

So how far is Sebring from Atlanta? I'm guessing 10 hours. That sound about right? The question for me would be how to get down there for the test day. Somehow I don't think 15 minutes of practice Saturday morning is going to cut it for a rookie driver who's never been on the track.

Hmmm.....

David

DavidM
08-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Somebody help me with the schedule. I'd be racing ITA, no enduro. That puts me in group 4. It looks to me like there are 2 races for group 4 on Sunday. A 20 minute race in the morning and a 30 minute race in the afternoon. Is that correct? Are they both true races or is the first one more like a qualifying session? I'm used to the one 15 lap race and that's it. Might make it a little more worth my while to come down just for Sat and Sun if there's an extra 20 minutes on Sunday.

Also, what hotels does everyone stay at?

Thanks.

David

DavidM
08-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 29 2005, 01:33 PM
Somebody help me with the schedule. I'd be racing ITA, no enduro. That puts me in group 4. It looks to me like there are 2 races for group 4 on Sunday. A 20 minute race in the morning and a 30 minute race in the afternoon. Is that correct? Are they both true races or is the first one more like a qualifying session? I'm used to the one 15 lap race and that's it. Might make it a little more worth my while to come down just for Sat and Sun if there's an extra 20 minutes on Sunday.

Also, what hotels does everyone stay at?

Thanks.

David

Guess I should read the sups all the way through before asking questions. Cars are gridded for the second race according to finishing order in the first race. That's a cool way to get more track time. You always have those Florida afternoon thunder storms for the second race though.

David

its66
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 29 2005, 06:43 PM
Guess I should read the sups all the way through before asking questions. Cars are gridded for the second race according to finishing order in the first race. That's a cool way to get more track time. You always have those Florida afternoon thunder storms for the second race though.

David

David,
While I am certainly no official, I would expect that CFR will ammend the supp's to have you start based on true qualifying from Saturday, instead of leaving the "moving grid" format that we do for regionals. If you come down, be sure to read the notes at registration (if there are any).

zracre
08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I also doubt there will be 20 laps...sebring is a long track like daytona in length...it doesnt take long to go fast there as there is no elevation changes, but to go real fast there, especially in the rain, takes track time. ITA times go from about 2:35 to 2:45 so figure maybe 12 to 15 laps on sunday? Also it is very tricky in the rain as there are different kinds of surfaces there...your car will have lots of grip in some corners and very little in others. Good luck!!

RussMcB
08-30-2005, 10:49 PM
I've decided to go to this event (from the Atlanta area).

It will be my first time at Sebring. Can anyone share miscelleneous advice to help my weekend go smoothly?

I'm wondering about all types of things, such as:
Is the paddock paved (should I bring my cheap green carpets to keep sand off my hot slicks)?
Do they offer a half day test day (Friday afternoon only)?
Do they have showers? Electricity?

Anything else that would be good for me to know? Anything different about Central Florida Region races compared to those in the in the northern southeast?

Thanks in advance.

Russ McBride
Marietta, GA
Ralt RT-5 FSV
www.RussMcB.com

CFRRaceBoard
08-31-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm the pre-event registrar for this event, as well as, the Assistant Race Chair, so maybe I can answer some of the questions/concerns raised above:

Paddock paving: the roads are paved, you park in the grass, so you will probably want to protect your slicks.

There is limited electricity, but no showers, in the 12 hour paddock. There are showers in the green park paddock which is usually closed to competitors when we use the full course. MAYBE we can get them opened.....no promises.

Races 9 thru 13 are the SARRC races, these are the Sunday afternoon races, they will be 30 minutes in length.

Grid positions will be as earned in Saturday qualifying for the Sunday morning races, grid positions for the SARRC races will be as determined by your finishing position on Sunday morning. There is no plan to change this.

Paddock parking: Please, do NOT park parallel to any main infield roads and follow the direction of the paddock marshal's. With over 270 cars pre-entered the paddock will be quite full.

Hotel rooms are difficult to find in Sebring for this weekend as there is also a bicycle event in town that weekend. You might try the areas of Avon Park (north of Sebring) or Lake Placid (south of Sebring) on Hwy 27.

Friday test day is run by the track. I do not believe they offer a half day session but you can call them at the number listed on the event schedule to find out.

In Central Florida Region, at our regional events, we always have more than one, usually three, races in the weekend. For one entry fee.

I haven't been north of Florida to a race in quite awhile, so I can't compare to how the northern regions do things. Perhaps some of the other drivers can....( be kind please). But, we are usually well staffed, have a great social Saurday night, and try to put on no hassle events.

Ron
08-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Are there road fuel lines in Florida? mWe will be heading down from Atlanta and I am worried about not being able to find fuel for the truck to get there.

RussMcB
08-31-2005, 05:02 PM
I have the same concerns, Ron. I just passed 15-20 gas stations during my commute home from Atlanta, and every one had a long line. I'd hate to have that situation during my trip to Sebring or back. I was planning to leave Atlanta Thursday AM, but wondering about the wisdom of that.

crushed
08-31-2005, 05:30 PM
I too am heading down to FL early tomorrow AM, I was planning to go get gas around midnight tonight and fill up the car and all the gas cans i have.

When are the other ATL folk leaving? would anyone be interested in a caravan in case we can't find fuel and need to pool resources? I was planning to leave gwinnett around 5am to miss traffic....

SilverHorseRacing
08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Guys,

Gas is currently okay, around 2.70 a gallon for regular. I have not seen any "shortages" although people in pockets are being kind of stupid and hoarding whenever they see the price a few pennies lower. I have heard of issues in Orlando area, but nothing else around the main peninsula. I drive for a living, and was as far south as Ft. Lauderdale today, all ok. Tomorrow I have to drive to Vienna GA, so I'll be keeping my eyes open as I go north, and probably filling up near the border, as I hear things in Atlanta metro area are getting stupid...

BTW - Still nobody has a ride to share in a B car? No cookies for you guys when I get mine running!!

<--Wishing I could race this weekend....

Ron
08-31-2005, 08:11 PM
It is starting to get crazy in places around Atlanta. Much like Marcello described about Orlando. There is some mild concern about one of the main pipie lines from the gulf being down because of the lack of power. We are planning on leaving Friday early AM and bring one of our construction fuel tanks from one of the trucks just in case diesel gets hard to find. We are still waiting about going until Thursday evening to see if it just hype or maybe a short term problem.

RussMcB
08-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Stinks around Atlanta, at least where I am. Had to drive to a lot of places at 10:30 tonight to finally find a place to fill up my wife&#39;s car (she was on fumes). All they had was premium. Of the 10-12 gas stations I saw, two were selling premium only. The others weren&#39;t selling any gas at all. Maybe they decided to save what they had because they can charge more for it tomorrow.

I&#39;m on the fence about making the trip. There are 20 good, logical, financial reasons not to go, and twenty silly, emotional reasons why I might give it a try.

zracre
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Im coming up from Fort Lauderdale and gas prices have spiked up to about $3/gal...the only shortage seems to be in my wallet <_< How about a head count to see if I have a chance this weekend :119:

zracre
09-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Well the race went well (1st)!! Maybe this race will help me at the SIC...I just want to thank Steve Saney for stopping on 27 when my trailer tire decided to come apart on the way home...it is good to know people care enough to stop and help a fellow racer...and congrats on the IT-7 win!! Marc thanks for stopping by to say hey and I hope to see your show er race car on the track soon!! Im sure it will be an ass kicker with you behind the wheel.
What happened to Russ?? You were flying in qualifying and I was hoping to see you guys battle...

seckerich
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Anyone have the results for the ITS Race??

steve s
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
carlos garcia won the SARRC race . started last place and by the second lap he was leading .not sure about that just what i heard. iknow he won .i know he passed me on the hairpin on the first lapand i started 16th overall.
evans it was nice racing with you and it&#39;s great to put a face to the name .see you at the SIC.

jwalter
09-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by zracre@Sep 5 2005, 09:02 AM
What happened to Russ?? You were flying in qualifying and I was hoping to see you guys battle...

Russ had an incident in the enduro. He lost his brakes and got into the tire wall.
You can read his story on his site.

http://russmarshall.com/v/2005/2005_sebring/

Rob May
09-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by seckerich@Sep 5 2005, 09:33 AM
Anyone have the results for the ITS Race??

Like Steve said, Carlos Won the SARRC race. I believe Allan Witham won the regional??? Kevin Busler and I won the enduro. The Robertsons were second, and I think Tim Potter was third. When we gonna see you next?

seckerich
09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Rob May@Sep 5 2005, 10:37 PM
Like Steve said, Carlos Won the SARRC race. I believe Allan Witham won the regional??? Kevin Busler and I won the enduro. The Robertsons were second, and I think Tim Potter was third. When we gonna see you next?

Hi Rob
Missed you at Mid Ohio!! I guess the SIC is the next race-car is torn apart in a foolish attempt to keep up with BMW&#39;s. :bash_1_: :bash_1_: Congrats on the win for you and Kevin.
Steve Eckerich

zracre
09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Results are posted on mylaps.com now!!