PDA

View Full Version : STL October 29/30

Speed Raycer
08-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Entry forms are up for the October DOUBLE REGIONAL/Performance Driving Experience...

Download the forms and log in to check out who else is going to be there!

Spooktackular Entry Forms (http://stlscca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=31)

Racerlinn
08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Cool - I was wondering when those were coming out. Trying to convince the wife that a trip to St. Louis in late October is a perfect get-away weekend..... :blink:

ITANorm
08-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I'll be there as CSOM, not a competitor this time. :(

KevSC1
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm planning ot do the PDE on Sat, and flag on Sunday. If I can't do the PDE (only taking 25 cars) I'll work both days out on the corners.

Speed Raycer
08-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by KevSC1@Aug 25 2005, 08:58 PM
I'm planning ot do the PDE on Sat, and flag on Sunday. If I can't do the PDE (only taking 25 cars) I'll work both days out on the corners.

Kevin... they've got 11 or 12 as of right now... might want to hurry for the PDE

KevSC1
08-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Speed Raycer@Aug 26 2005, 02:50 AM
Kevin... they've got 11 or 12 as of right now... might want to hurry for the PDE

I saw that. $50 for 40 minutes of track time... I guess that's about right.

Speed Raycer
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by KevSC1@Aug 26 2005, 06:15 PM
I saw that. $50 for 40 minutes of track time... I guess that's about right.

They're up to 19 as of tonight :unsure:

LOL... that's about $160 less than the Club Racers ;)

Racerlinn
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
OK, maybe I am deaf, dumb and blind, but can someone please tell me if there is a late entry fee? How much? After what date? I've looked at the forms on-line and I don't see any mention of it. Just want to make sure I get my entry submitted in time. I need to get a little work done on the car first.

Speed Raycer
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
No late fee's Lynn. There is a # cutoff date which should be coming up soon (if it hasn't already).

See ya there! I'll be running my brothers Neon on Sunday... I'll give you a nice point by around lap 12 ;)

Racerlinn
10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update. Guess I need to get to work on getting my new windshield put in! It will be a good opportunity to use up the rest of my last set of tires. Of course you are promising sunny and 70 degree temps, right? :D

Speed Raycer
10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 12 2005, 11:27 AM
Of course you are promising sunny and 70 degree temps, right? :D

For this weekend... SURE!!! For the race weekend.... don't forget to attach the snowplow hydraulics to the SEr

KevSC1
10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 12 2005, 04:27 PM
T Of course you are promising sunny and 70 degree temps, right? :D

we'll promise whatever it takes to get you here. We may note deliver, but we'll promise!

I just need to 1) send in my SCCA renewal, and 2) find someone to cover my on call so I can go chase cars and wave flags that weekend.

Racerlinn
10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Speed Raycer@Oct 12 2005, 09:33 PM
For this weekend... SURE!!! For the race weekend.... don't forget to attach the snowplow hydraulics to the SEr

See that lower air dam on the front? Been using it as a snow plow for a couple years.....
:023:

Speed Raycer
10-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Tick Tock... times slipping away guys!!! Competitor list is on the STL regions website. Check to see who's running in your class!!!

www.stlscca.org

Racerlinn
10-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Not showing on the list yet, but I did send Carol my entry at the beginning of the week. Only running Sunday Scott??

Speed Raycer
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 21 2005, 10:04 AM
Not showing on the list yet, but I did send Carol my entry at the beginning of the week. Only running Sunday Scott??

Entries shown are as of Wed. AM. I'm sure there'll be an update list by Monday.

Only Sunday. Co-Driving with my brother Steve. Hopefully next year my RX will keep all of the smoke inside the motor ;)

Racerlinn
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
So, any scary stories about the Econo Lodge off I-55 in Maryville?
They have a $45.00 room rate.
Either you guys are going to have a really huge turnout or there is something else going on in East Saint Louie because a lot of hotels are already booked up.

KevSC1
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, it tlooks like I won't be able to get someone to cover my On-call at work, so I won't be able to do F&C...

But I'll probably come out Saturday and hang out for the races in the afternoon. If anyone is going to be shorthanded for crew, let me know, and I'll help out - but I may have to run off and make a ffew phone calls, and maybe recuse someone stranded in their van.

Racerlinn
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Kevin, I may take you up on that - good chance I may be coming over solo.
I plan on parking at the north end of the garages. I'll be pulling in at 0'dark:30 on Saturday morning. Black Silverado pulling a white open trailer.

KevSC1
10-21-2005, 10:08 PM
[quote]
Kevin, I may take you up on that

Always willing to lend a hand - I'll try to get there at a reasonable hour!

92AS
10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
[quote]
So, any scary stories about the Econo Lodge off I-55 in Maryville?

I can't speak to the quality of the rooms, but the hotel is in a nice, safe area.

Racerlinn
10-25-2005, 09:58 PM
[quote]
I can't speak to the quality of the rooms, but the hotel is in a nice, safe area.

Well, that's good to know since I have already booked there.

So, anybody else think there are way too many Spec Piniatas in Group 3?
:D

Speed Raycer
10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 25 2005, 08:58 PM
Well, that's good to know since I have already booked there.

So, anybody else think there are way too many Spec Piniatas in Group 3?

Nah... only what ...10 of 'em One of them's a chief steward so that's only 9 to worry about :D

92AS.... whelp, there goes the neighborhood :023:

92AS
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
92AS.... whelp, there goes the neighborhood :023:

Careful..I'm in your race group this weekend. ;)

trd77
10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
where do you see the entry list. I have check the St louis region website

Speed Raycer
10-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 92AS@Oct 26 2005, 07:25 AM
Careful..I'm in your race group this weekend. ;)

Just saw that ... Why not avoid the totally easy win and run ITA (not that you'll see any competition from me ;) )?

Of course, at least somebodies running in IT7 and taking up the slack for us lazy RX drivers.

Speed Raycer
10-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by trd77@Oct 26 2005, 08:42 AM
where do you see the entry list. I have check the St louis region website

Go to the entry form page and log in at the bottom to see the entered list. I just updated it this a.m.

http://www.kmov.com/weather/5Day.jpg

bldn10
10-26-2005, 10:42 AM
What happened to the Motel 6 in Collinsville? I stayed there in Aug. but when I tried to book it this time it did not show up on the website. I called the 800 no. and the lady acted like I was crazy - no Motel 6 in Collinsville. I booked at one in Caseyville.

Big ITS field - yee ha!

JIgou
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll be good in my SM - this is the debut of a new car to replace the one I shortened earlier this season....

Since the car is red, I can get away with more stuff now, right?

Weather is looking good!!

Jarrod

m glassburner
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Chilly in the morning guys and gals.....be very careful till you get enough heat in those tires... :023:

Racerlinn
10-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Can't be as bad as the Regional back in March (ah sh!t, I just jinxed us....)

Mr. Glass Burner, just sent you an email about wheels...

KevSC1
10-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JIgou@Oct 26 2005, 03:13 PM
Since the car is red, I can get away with more stuff now, right?

Ugh - what is it with you SM guys and RED CARS???

I'll be there with my camera, my dad, and a few other stragglers.

Steve, I'll be sure to stop by and make my posse help you out :023:

ITANorm
10-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Speed Raycer@Oct 25 2005, 09:55 PM
Nah... only what ...10 of 'em One of them's a chief steward so that's only 9 to worry about :D

14 of 25 in the group - as of the last update I got.

Y'all play nice. I got tagged as being the CSOM, and I don't want to be there all night! "Rough driving" citations are becoming more common in MiDiv (lust a warning to the CenDiv folks who may not be aware that we are cracking down on it to the best of our ability.) Of course, the people who REALLY ned to read this aren't on this forum. ;)

Racerlinn
10-27-2005, 10:24 AM
I promise to only punt Scott out of the way once. :blink:

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIgou
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Kevin, can't help the red car. Mazda made too many of 'em in red in the early (read CHEAP NOW) years. Someone not too long ago in this car's life repainted it, so it's got a "too nice to repaint already" paintjob on it. So I just covered half of it in vinyl instead. :D

Steve Linn - didn't want to clutter up Gregg's thread in the main forum, but if you stop by you can check out my Isaac Intermediate model as well. (Scott has the Link, right? I'd like to take a peek at that --)

Look for this car:
[attachmentid=138]

Norm, I agree - the only time I want to see you this weekend is around the beer!!!

Jarrod

m glassburner
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
The car looks good jarrod !!! How long is it going to stay that way ? :023: just kidding :D

Speed Raycer
10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JIgou@Oct 27 2005, 09:32 AM
Steve Linn - didn't want to clutter up Gregg's thread in the main forum, but if you stop by you can check out my Isaac Intermediate model as well. (Scott has the Link, right? I'd like to take a peek at that --)

Actually, I've got the Intermediate as well... now I just have to find it. Having 2 racecars in the family and the RX temporarilly stored about 30 miles away isn't helping :D

JIgou
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by m glassburner@Oct 27 2005, 11:39 AM
The car looks good jarrod !!! How long is it going to stay that way ? :023: just kidding :D

I'm hoping it looks like that well into 2006, but I'd probably settle for it looking that good for the trip home on Sunday night!

Scott, I kinda know what you're going through - after not racing my own car (thus not needing any of my usual race "stuff") for three months, it sure feels strange trying to get it together - kinda like it's the first race of a season....but this time instead of taking three months to think about it and organize, I've been building another car. My garage looks like someone blew up a Miata in there, having parted one the wreck before building the red one....so that doesn't help.

None of that matters now, though - I'm leaving the office in about 2.5 hours and hitting the road shortly after that!!!

Jarrod

Racerlinn
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Leaving shortly as well if the damn phone would stop ringing.
How to be at registration by 7:00.
:happy204:

Racerlinn
10-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Made it home in record time and just finished unloading. My thanks to St. Louis Region for another great weekend of racing. Great to meet you finally Scott, good to see you again Kevin and Norm. Had a really fun time racing with Nathan and Jude, we had a great battle on Saturday. Thank goodness my pig of a car has some good torque and horsepower. Sunday was initially frustrating getting punted by a SM on the second lap, but upon reflection during my 3.5 hr drive home, I'm happy with the drive I put in to come back from last and to finish in 12th overall and 3rd in class. Another lap or two and I might just have caught Jude... I really appreciate and understand the theory of hunkering down and just driving the heck out of the car even more. The red mist? :D

Kevin, If you have the shot of me spinning and maybe one other decent one where I am not, please email me asap at racerlinn AT sbcglobal DOT com. I have been writing a series of columns this year for our Indy Region newsletter and have a publishing deadline of tomorrow. :119:

Norm, one off the record question for you. I was a little surprised that I didn't have a conversation with any Stewards at the end of the race Sunday. It was a pretty good hit I took in my left rear fender by the right front of the Miata. I was surprised at the limited damage my tank of a Nissan incurred, but I know the Miata had some pretty heavy front end damage on his car. The driver and I viewed his in-car video afterward, and his opinion was that I "drove over him". My opinion (and confirmed by his video in my opinion) was that I had the corner (T2) and he dove in on me. I don't think he did much braking... We agreed to diagree and both chalked it up to a "racing deal". But again, was surprised I didn't have a discussion with a black flag steward.

Thank again to everyone for a great weekend. I'll be making the trip back again next year.

KevSC1
10-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 31 2005, 02:42 AM

Kevin, If you have the shot of me spinning and maybe one other decent one where I am not, please email me asap

Pics emailed, but I thought I'd share this one with everyone.

http://brick.net/~kmkeller/temp/GIR/PA303393.JPG

Racerlinn
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by KevSC1@Oct 31 2005, 03:07 AM

http://brick.net/~kmkeller/temp/GIR/PA303393.JPG

Doh!
:119:

m glassburner
10-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Steve the "miata" did come in and survey the damage(black if I remember correctly) and lost at least 1/2 a lap :(

bldn10
10-31-2005, 12:15 PM
"The driver and I viewed his in-car video afterward, and his opinion was that I "drove over him". My opinion (and confirmed by his video in my opinion) was that I had the corner (T2) and he dove in on me. I don't think he did much braking... We agreed to diagree and both chalked it up to a "racing deal"."

The problem IMO is w/ the GCR "rules of the road." They offer no real guidance and give both drivers involved in an incident an argument, and the SOM/COA leeway to rule however they want. Although it is "the rule" most everywhere else (including w/ Randy Pobst in SportsCar), there is nothing in our rules about having or taking a corner. Usually the overtaking car gets handed the blame because of the duty to make a safe pass, even if the lead car turns in on him in what what most drivers would consider a block or worse. (I'm not talking about the incident at St. Louis - I know nothing about it.) I advocate a review of our passing rules to codify the explanations given by Pobst in his series of articles. If you agree, write Terry Ozment in Topeka and ask her to look into it.

Speed Raycer
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Racerlinn@Oct 30 2005, 09:42 PM
I'm happy with the drive I put in to come back from last and to finish in 12th overall and 3rd in class. .......
Thank again to everyone for a great weekend. I'll be making the trip back again next year.

:D You definitely weren't last. In fact, T1 had pulled their yellow for you before I even got to them :rolleyes: ... I suffered from lack of talent in T6 on the first lap and spun off drivers right into the gulley... I went to a club race and turned it into a rally cross! Good thing it'd been dry for a couple of weeks or I'd have been toast.

Your right about the feeling of just plugging away. If I hadn't been an idiot and just went to tech, I'd have ended up third in class.

Good to finally meet Steve and Kevin and looking forward to next season!

m glassburner
10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Your "crew chief" should have been paying closer attention !!! My bad :bash_1_:

Speed Raycer
10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by m glassburner@Oct 31 2005, 11:52 AM
Your "crew chief" should have been paying closer attention !!! My bad :bash_1_:

LOL Hey... I was just happy to finish!
I almost forgot!!! A HUGE thank you to Mike Glassburner for all of his help and knowledge on the Neon and to Steve and Sheila Burkette of Tuxedo Park Racing (http://www.tuxedoparkracing.com) for letting me use their RX7 after we ran into problems with the Neon on Saturday. :happy204:

Results are posted (http://www.stlscca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=25)

mcgyverit
10-31-2005, 03:31 PM
My thanks to St. Louis Region for another great weekend of racing, the weather was awesome even though a little chilly in the morning runs. Cold tires, track, and driver make for an interesting combination. I didnt get to participate in Saturday's race, but Sunday's was a thrill for me. Good close racing in the IT group.

Thanks so much to Mike Glassburner for helping me out in the pits. Good thing you drove the Neon to the track or else I wouldnt have been able to get the #53 Neon out there. And your advise and knowledge must have sunk in my thick head a little bit to be able to get into the 18's. That was a huge milestone for me.

Steve L,

I was just behind that incident in T2 and caught the tail end on video and then got some more video as you passed me by on your way to the front. Great catch to keep it from getting over in the grass and maybe catching the wall.

Racerlinn
10-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by mcgyverit@Oct 31 2005, 07:31 PM
Steve L,
I was just behind that incident in T2 and caught the tail end on video and then got some more video as you passed me by on your way to the front. Great catch to keep it from getting over in the grass and maybe catching the wall.

Well, I wish I could say it was all driver skill, but that would just be a big lie.
Although I did have kind of a flaskback go thru my mind at the time. I have done nearly the same style of loop and go while autocrossing the car - in fact I did it once early this year at a Solo event where the surface we run on does not have much grip. Of course it didn't involve body contact! But when I suddenly was facing the pack of cars coming straight at me, I think some instinct kicked in and rather than jamming on the brakes, I let the car continue to rotate and spun the wheel back around to help it go all the way around and grabbed a gear. My thanks go out to the corner worker at the outside of T2. When I jammed it back in gear (the car never actually came to a stop) I was facing directly towards him and he was immediately waving me on to get my butt back on track. Love those workers baby!! :smilie_pokal:

ITANorm
11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Steve,

The only answer I can give is that your incident was never referred to the SOM.

Evidently the Operating Steward did not wish to pursue a CSA, or had insufficient data to do so.

Had you protested him, we would have ruled based on evidence presented - and a couple of videos would have helped.

Norm