PDA

View Full Version : Grand Am at Mid Ohio

R2 Racing
08-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Are any of you guys going to be out at Mid Ohio this weekend for the Grand Am races? I'm going to be heading to the track Thursday after work and setting up a nice little RV spot. A bunch of my buddies are coming up and it should be a really fun weekend.

We'll be the RV parked trackside between turn 1 and the keyhole with the big Honda banner on the side of it and a bunch of beer drinking 25-29 year olds.

The Pro Spec Miata race should be great!

RacerBill
08-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Aug 24 2005, 11:23 PM
Are any of you guys going to be out at Mid Ohio this weekend for the Grand Am races? I'm going to be heading to the track Thursday after work and setting up a nice little RV spot. A bunch of my buddies are coming up and it should be a really fun weekend.

We'll be the RV parked trackside between turn 1 and the keyhole with the big Honda banner on the side of it and a bunch of beer drinking 25-29 year olds.

The Pro Spec Miata race should be great!

Kevin: Sorry, but I have two weekends to get the Shelby finished. Looking forward t being up on the hill near you guys on Sept. 10/11.

R2 Racing
08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by RacerBill@Aug 24 2005, 10:33 PM
Kevin: Sorry, but I have two weekends to get the Shelby finished. Looking forward t being up on the hill near you guys on Sept. 10/11.

Hopefully you'll be able to find some room - I think we're going to have 5 or 6 cars up there. :blink: All four of our cars and 1 or 2 of my buddies ITA CRX's should all be there.

I'm still in the middle of getting my new engine built for my Integra and hopefully I'll have it done by then. Either way, I'm not missing Grand Am.

RacerBill
08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Aug 25 2005, 08:57 AM
Hopefully you'll be able to find some room - I think we're going to have 5 or 6 cars up there. :blink: All four of our cars and 1 or 2 of my buddies ITA CRX's should all be there.

I'm still in the middle of getting my new engine built for my Integra and hopefully I'll have it done by then. Either way, I'm not missing Grand Am.

We'll probably be down closer to the E-W access road off the boulavard. Got guests comming that have not been to Mid-Ohio and don't want them to get lost.

With all those Hondas, have you thought about getting Panda Express as a catering sponsor to keep the crews happy? (If that's not hijacking a thread....)

R2 Racing
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RacerBill@Aug 25 2005, 10:29 AM
With all those Hondas, have you thought about getting Panda Express as a catering sponsor to keep the crews happy?

Don't hate just because you don't have one. B)

RacerBill
09-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by R2 Racing@Aug 25 2005, 12:11 PM
Don't hate just because you don't have one. B)

Kevin: ?????????

Anyway, how was the GrandAm weekend? Weather looked kind of strange. We got some work done on the Shelby, and still looking at 9/10. Hope to take her to the chassis shop today, to finish the welds on the cage, reposition the shoulder strap mounts, and fabricate tow hooks.

I'll stop by if we make it.

R2 Racing
09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by RacerBill@Sep 1 2005, 06:21 AM
Anyway, how was the GrandAm weekend? Weather looked kind of strange. We got some work done on the Shelby, and still looking at 9/10. Hope to take her to the chassis shop today, to finish the welds on the cage, reposition the shoulder strap mounts, and fabricate tow hooks.

I'll stop by if we make it.

It was a lot of fun - definately what I needed. Lots of beer, lots of grilling, lots of great racing, and plenty of good friends. It rained pretty hardcore Friday night but stopped by the morning. It made for some very foggy track conditions for the first 2 or 3 groups on track Saturday morning though. Then right around lunch time on Saturday it opened up again and just freaking poured for maybe 30-45 minutes. After that, the sun came out and the weather was great the rest of the weekend.

Glad to hear that the Shelby is coming along well for you. I'm picking up all of my stuff from my machinist this afternoon and can start putting my new engine together. It's going disturbingly well so far, which has me a little worried as it can never go this smoothly. All the parts came in quickly, no back ordered bearings, nothing.