PDA

View Full Version : Healey and TR8 updates PLEASE!

Andy Bettencourt
08-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Well?

Maybe a letter to the CRB to classify the Tiger? 164 Gross HP...about 140 net...

2400 in ITS?

Is a Liger the same as an Alger? It's pretty much my favorite animal... :D

AB

Marcus Miller
09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Aug 24 2005, 07:14 AM
Well?

Maybe a letter to the CRB to classify the Tiger? 164 Gross HP...about 140 net...

2400 in ITS?

Is a Liger the same as an Alger? It's pretty much my favorite animal... :D

AB

awfully quiet in here..... :(

Marcus, who saw the infamous Dr. Earp posting on sm.com.....

JeffYoung
09-07-2005, 01:55 AM
[Yes, we need to break him -- the infamous Dr. Earp -- that (SM) habit.

Updates:

We had the Jensen finished and ready to run its first event mid-August. We went to fire up the car and.....compression leaking out the head. Victims of very poor machine shop work. Hate to pass the buck and blame someone else, but this was pretty inexcusable. The head had been back with this shop twice for valve sealing issues and we don't think they did much the second time around. Has cost us a tremendous amount of time. With the schedule as it it for the rest of the year, we are putting the Jensen aside for a few weeks to finish an SM for a group of Brits who want to come over and run the 13-hour enduro at VIR. Hopefully, we have the Jensen finished at the end of the the year and then the Brit attack on the back of the pack begins in early 06.

The car has admittedly been a struggle. I find it far more rewarding to work on than an SM, and think it will be a blast to drive, but it has tried the good Doctor's patience.

The TR8. We got the motor in and ran it for the first time at CMP in August. Unfortunately, we had no time to sort it before hand and the race weekend essentially became a test day. We had timing issues. We had overheating issues. We had ignition woes.

I basically got in 2 hot laps the whole weekend, when I started the second SARRC race tail end Charlie (the first SARRC, I had a horrible miss that wouldn't let the car rev over 4000 rpm). In one lap I passed a 944, two 2n Gen RX7s and 2 1st Gen RX7s. Torque can be a good thing. Then, the car got hot.

We have solved that problem and I am running a NASA event at Roebling in two weeks. Really looking forward to it. The car is on the verge we think...but we'll see. We will probably be taking it to the dyno for some tuning on Friday and we will post the dyno plots over the weekend.