PDA

View Full Version : RAL Schedule

Tkczecheredflag
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a practice session for non-Enduro cars on Saturday or do the regional race drivers just get Saturday track time? Trying to plan the weekend departure.
Tim

16v
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Saturday
8:30 am Enduro Group – 25 minute Qualifying session

9:00 am 20 minute open practice sessions by car type. Big Bore, Open Wheel, Small Bore. 40 cars maximum per session. lunch break near noon.

1:40 pm 4hour Enduro race (separate entry form and supplemental regulations)

Tim, this is from the schedule that I posted online. You might want to clarify with Brian but it appears that open practice is for everyone. See ya there

Tkczecheredflag
08-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by 16v@Aug 23 2005, 01:50 AM
Saturday
8:30 am Enduro Group – 25 minute Qualifying session

9:00 am 20 minute open practice sessions by car type. Big Bore, Open Wheel, Small Bore. 40 cars maximum per session. lunch break near noon.

1:40 pm 4hour Enduro race (separate entry form and supplemental regulations)
Tim, this is from the schedule that I posted online. You might want to clarify with Brian but it appears that open practice is for everyone. See ya there

Thanks Doug - That's the part I was not clear on - Is it for everyone (I hope). I shot Brian a note - I'll wait fo r the reply.

Andy Bettencourt
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
It is for everyone...and as was mentioned at the July comp board meeting, if I was in the enduro, I wouldn't run the practice...why you ask? If your car doesn't make it through the enduro - and you practiced for the Regional on Saturday, you are on the hook for your Regional entry as your car has touched the track...if you just do the enduro, it's a totally different event.

AB

dickita15
08-23-2005, 06:39 AM
most of what has been said about the saturday morning sessions above is right however because it is open to any car/driver that is entered in either the enduro or the regional if you are entered in both and you break in the enduro the paractice is credited to your enduro entry and you can still get a refund for sunday.

if the car/driver is only enterd in the sunday race and you break in the saturday practice you have turned a whell and can not get a refund for sunday.

compliments to the chief steward and the road racing board for this inovative procedure to make it mare flexible and user friendly/

Andy Bettencourt
08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by dickita15@Aug 23 2005, 05:39 AM
most of what has been said about the saturday morning sessions above is right however because it is open to any car/driver that is entered in either the enduro or the regional if you are entered in both and you break in the enduro the paractice is credited to your enduro entry and you can still get a refund for sunday.

if the car/driver is only enterd in the sunday race and you break in the saturday practice you have turned a whell and can not get a refund for sunday.

compliments to the chief steward and the road racing board for this inovative procedure to make it mare flexible and user friendly/

Here, here!

AB

JLawton
08-23-2005, 09:08 AM
What do you think the chances are of combining race groups for the regional and getting more track time (am I getting greedy :P ) Seems like a very light turn out........

dickita15
08-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by JLawton@Aug 23 2005, 09:08 AM
(am I getting greedy :P )

wow are you ever :D

the logistic of that are pretty hard. you always seem to end up in a situation where some one thought the were in group 7 and now are in group 2 and miss thier qualifying. we are really trying hard to build schedules that work from the start.

I am just happy we will have no oversubscriptions issues in the regional for a change.

the enduro is over and the registrar is doing a wait list. we have a waiver to start 44 cars but with over 50 entered after no shows I bet we will not have a full field.
never have.

Andy Bettencourt
08-23-2005, 10:02 AM
7 cars pre-registered for the Regional in G7...19 in G5.

The pre-reg numbers for the enduro are mis-leading. 72-73 drivers are entered on-line, but some of those are driving the same car. While your e-reg confirmation shows the co-driver you selected from the drop-down menu and thier SCCA number, I was told by Peg that EACH DRIVER should be submitting an entry. She would them match them up by Team name etc.

I can see that some people have only the team leder registered. So those numbers are not ones to go by. Over 50 cars this year Dick...congrats on the move to the 4-hour format, looks like it will be another success. :happy204:

I bet we start 40+ cars. 42 is my actual prediction... :D

AB