PDA

View Full Version : Balancing a 12A

Chris Taylor
08-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I've got a couple engine assemblies I need balanced -- anybody here have any experience with shops, or any shops they'd recommend? I've heard Rotary Performance, Racing Beat, and ISC do it. Assuming RP still does it I would lean towards them because they're "local", but if one of the others is a bunch cheaper and better or more reliable I'm not averse to crating the stuff up and shipping it.

TIA.

C. Ludwig
08-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Chris Taylor@Aug 11 2005, 11:03 PM
I've got a couple engine assemblies I need balanced -- anybody here have any experience with shops, or any shops they'd recommend? I've heard Rotary Performance, Racing Beat, and ISC do it. Assuming RP still does it I would lean towards them because they're "local", but if one of the others is a bunch cheaper and better or more reliable I'm not averse to crating the stuff up and shipping it.

TIA.

I called ISC on this just today. The impression I get is that they farm the work out. Turn around is 2-3 weeks. Mazdatrix is much cheaper ($190 v $375) with a similar turn around time. SDJ does good work but their website is down and I can't seem to find their contact info so no idea on price or turn around time. RB advertises their service at $317.

Eagle7
08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
I used Mazdatrix. They found a couple of my parts to be out of spec and offered substitutes at very reasonable cost. Delivered when they said they would. Good experience.

RP Performance
08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
We have always used

Mandeville Auto Tech
350 Simuel Rd
Spartanburg SC 29304
864-582-0038