PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

gran racing
08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I can’t believe it is almost Labor Day already! But I have to say that I’m really looking forward to the Summit double weekend. There will be a few of us from the NER that will be making the trip down. We’ll be coming down on Friday evening and are looking for a inexpensive hotel / motel to stay near the track for that one night. Any recommendations?

Is there a Hoosier vendor at the track or another vendor that could mount & balance tires if need be?

I'm also curious who from IT.com will be at the event...

Here is the entry list... Summit Entry List (http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/wdcr-scca/drivers.aspx?EventID=1755)

Jake
08-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll be there with the MR2, and so will Joe with his Miata. ITA runs with ITB, so Dave - it's ON!!

Gregg
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Appalacian Tire is usually at all of the MARRS races.

http://www.racetire.com

Assuming I get the two halves of my car glued back together, I'll be there.

Doc Bro
08-10-2005, 11:57 AM
So far I think you guys (Namely Jake) talked me into going....not 100% yet but probably 90% sure. Bang for buck is great. Plus we get to sing John Denver songs on the drive down..........

Rob Breault
ITA BMW Z3

gran racing
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Yup - it's back to "who cares if I come in second to last or in first place as long as I beat that MR2!!!"

The RX-7s will also be on tour, right Jake G. and Dave Y.?

spnkzss
08-10-2005, 12:18 PM
As long as Gregg doesn't make my car into 2 halfs this weekend :unsure: , I'll be there for the double, along with 2 other ITC cars. ;)

moto62
08-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gran racing+Aug 10 2005, 10:25 AM-->
I'm also curious who from IT.com will be at the event...

[/b]

Never been to Summit but since we're not following any particular schedule this year, we may just have to try and make the trip.

<!--QuoteBegin-Gregg
Assuming I get the two halves of my car glued back together, I&#39;ll be there.

J B Weld fixes everything :lol:

mgyip
08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Aug 10 2005, 11:18 AM
As long as Gregg doesn&#39;t make my car into 2 halfs this weekend :unsure:

Gregg :bash_1_: Spanky

:figo:

ITAMiata
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I don&#39;t think Ground Control will have my new shocks to me by then. :( I still have to transfer everything over to the new car (cage is done and I have new seat & belts), but I think all that will be finished before the shocks get here.

Anyone know a good graphics place? Instead of painting the car this time I&#39;m thinking of sticking a picture of one of the dogs working on the hood of the car.

Bill

Jake
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by moto62@Aug 10 2005, 05:06 PM
Never been to Summit but since we&#39;re not following any particular schedule this year, we may just have to try and make the trip.

NER ON TOUR BABY!!! Let&#39;s pack those fields.

Gregg
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Come one, come all. Remember to register early at:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org (the link&#39;s right at the top) or go directly to:

http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?ClubID=40

As you know, the fields fill fast and we can only accomodate approx. 50 cars/group. I&#39;ve already registered both halves of my car separately in order to eliminate some competition. :023:

Guest_Racerboy03_*
08-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Should be there for both races, looks like a lot of fun and another chance to try out a new track. With school starting in Charlotte, itll be tough but I should be there. Cmon Ray, I need someone else from the Acura gang down there!

Mark Carpenter
ITA Acura Integra #17

moto62
08-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Any recommendations on nearby hotel/motels? There are a few listed on the SP site but you never konw what they are like till you get there, like the &#39;Bates Motel&#39; :119: . What movie was that from? Not looking for anything too fancy. Just clean with a decent bed. I need my beauty sleep in order to have enough energy to tangle with the SP regulars. :eclipsee_steering:

Jake
08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
If you like to camp, it&#39;s a big freaking party down there. SOme of the paddocks are more like a campground. Last time we were down there we camped right on the track (we were woke up by the hardship practice). Here&#39;s some pics of when me and Dave Gran were down there last time:

http://www.racerjake.com/Summit.htm

Bill Miller
08-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Guest_Racerboy03_*@Aug 11 2005, 02:27 AM
Should be there for both races, looks like a lot of fun and another chance to try out a new track. With school starting in Charlotte, itll be tough but I should be there. Cmon Ray, I need someone else from the Acura gang down there!
Mark Carpenter
ITA Acura Integra #17

Shoney&#39;s in Winchester is fine, but you better hurry if you want a room (may already be too late). Make sure you mention the race/SCCA when you call for the reservation, there&#39;s a discount. Probably 20-30 min. from the track.

But, like Jake said, it&#39;s a big party if you camp.

moto62
08-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 12 2005, 07:28 AM
Shoney&#39;s in Winchester is fine, but you better hurry if you want a room (may already be too late). Make sure you mention the race/SCCA when you call for the reservation, there&#39;s a discount. Probably 20-30 min. from the track.

But, like Jake said, it&#39;s a big party if you camp.

Thanks Bill. Looks like camping is the way to go. Any showers at SP?

Jake
08-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by moto62@Aug 13 2005, 03:53 AM
Thanks Bill. Looks like camping is the way to go. Any showers at SP?

Yup. They are ok, but can be a bit of a walk depending on where you setup camp.

mlytle
08-14-2005, 08:47 PM
labor day double at summit is a lot of fun, but please bring your patience and a willingness to share. summit is a pretty small track with limited paddock area. last year we had close to 400 cars at the event....there are about 200 paddock spaces......

traditionally this is our largest event of the year. since it is a double, all the "license renewers" come out of the woodwork to do their required time.

run group entries will be limited to 50, no waivers for more are anticipated.
if a run group fills up, preference will be given to those that have already run more than two marrs races this year.

see you there!
marshall
marrs its class driver&#39;s rep

moto62
08-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Shoneys it is. We decided to hotel it but we most certainly will stick around for any partying at the track. So, are there any other Northeast folks making the trip down? Are there any convenient stores nearby? How about Dunkin Donuts? Are there any of those in close proximity? Where can a guy get a good steak? Is there food at the track? Coronas for everyone. YEAAAH! Do I ask too many questions? Damn! It sucks to be spoiled :lol:

Bill Miller
08-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by moto62@Aug 15 2005, 05:04 AM
Shoneys it is. We decided to hotel it but we most certainly will stick around for any partying at the track. So, are there any other Northeast folks making the trip down? Are there any convenient stores nearby? How about Dunkin Donuts? Are there any of those in close proximity? Where can a guy get a good steak? Is there food at the track? Coronas for everyone. YEAAAH! Do I ask too many questions? Damn! It sucks to be spoiled :lol:

There are a few places to eat around Shoney&#39;s. McD&#39;s and DD just down the road. As far as a &#39;good steak&#39;, I guess that depends on your criteria. I hardly think a &#39;good steak&#39; in Va. / WV would be the same as one in Kansas City. ;)

Greg Amy
08-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 15 2005, 07:20 AM
There are a few places to eat around Shoney&#39;s.

Actually, Bill, all the good places to eat are one exit up. Get on I-81 northbound and get off the next exit (about a mile, maybe less?). Turn right and there you&#39;ll find a mall and lots of eating places nearby. I seem to recall a Ruby Tuesday&#39;s there, maybe a Longhorn Steakhouse; you know, all the typical "around the mall" suburbia type of places.

While it may sound like a good idea, I strongly recommend avoiding the Shoney&#39;s breakfast, unless you like grease, gravy, and re-warmed food. Our preference for breakfast is typically the Dunkin Donuts located in the gas station/convenience store immediately to the right as you make a left out of the Shoney&#39;s parking lot.

If you get tight on hotels, you&#39;ll find a Fairfield Inn at the one exit up, as well as other similar quality hotels at both exits... GA

JamesB
08-15-2005, 08:48 AM
yeah martinsburg has a lot of food places right around the mall, plus there is a lowes there too in case you need anything to glue your car back together. Though nothing beats some good old grillin at the track.

gran racing
08-15-2005, 09:10 AM
if a run group fills up, preference will be given to those that have already run more than two marrs races this year.

I read this in the supps... So if I was the first person to register but have not raced a marrs event this year and the run group has over 50 cars, I could easily be bumped? Do the people that get bumped out of the event at least get notified?

Yum, yum. The pulled pork two years ago was great! And from what I hear there is always plenty of beer at the track.

JamesB
08-15-2005, 09:12 AM
yeap, all the beer you can bring ;)

mlytle
08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 15 2005, 12:19 PM
Actually, Bill, all the good places to eat are one exit up. Get on I-81 northbound and get off the next exit (about a mile, maybe less?). Turn right and there you&#39;ll find a mall and lots of eating places nearby. I seem to recall a Ruby Tuesday&#39;s there, maybe a Longhorn Steakhouse; you know, all the typical "around the mall" suburbia type of places.

While it may sound like a good idea, I strongly recommend avoiding the Shoney&#39;s breakfast, unless you like grease, gravy, and re-warmed food. Our preference for breakfast is typically the Dunkin Donuts located in the gas station/convenience store immediately to the right as you make a left out of the Shoney&#39;s parking lot.

If you get tight on hotels, you&#39;ll find a Fairfield Inn at the one exit up, as well as other similar quality hotels at both exits... GA

actually, i think you meant one exit SOUTH on 81. that is where all those restaurants are. there is also a pep boys, walmart and food lion.

Greg Amy
08-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 15 2005, 08:49 PM
actually, i think you meant one exit SOUTH on 81...

Mumbling to himself: Let&#39;s see, take a right to the highway, right on the entrance, opposite direction from Connecticut......Yep, you&#39;re right, m&#39;man! TOWARDS VIR...that&#39;s the ticket!

RP Performance
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
The Labor Day race is a great event and everyone has a blast. Come on and join the fun.

JamesB
08-15-2005, 09:38 PM
I plan to be in the grandstands and around the paddock. UPS came by and dropped off my GCR and Novice Log book, so im sure by then the happy dance will have subsided to just a smile and wait attitude.

Now to get my car ready.

RP Performance
08-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by moto62@Aug 15 2005, 05:04 AM

Ray if you come down make sure that you stop by have a beer with the RP Performance gang.

dyoungre
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Ray,
I can vouch - FUN track, and very, ahem, laid back atmosphere in the PAVED paddock (IF you can find space !!!)

I think the thing I liked most is that is a very SAFE track, with great runoff, interesting mix of technical and vertical....

Dave Gran, heading for the woods, right? If you get there before me, save a spot? I&#39;m sure my cooler will be full (on friday night) - and Ray? I&#39;ll bring bottles (and limes) this time :D

Looking forward to that Southern Hospitality !!!

moto62
08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance+Aug 15 2005, 09:45 PM-->
Ray if you come down make sure that you stop by have a beer with the RP Performance gang.

[/b]

You&#39;re on man! We&#39;ll be sure to stop by.

<!--QuoteBegin-dyoungre@Aug 15 2005
....and Ray? I&#39;ll bring bottles (and limes) this time

Yah man, irie. The more the merrier. :birra:

Really. This sound like it&#39;s going to be a fantastic weekend and I can&#39;t wait to get there. Should be interesting since I&#39;ve never been within a hundred miles of the place. I better start watching some SP vids. Wouldn&#39;t want to be the first car on grid and pointed in the wrong direction :lol:

gran racing
08-16-2005, 09:22 AM
As someone else mentioned, paddock space is very, very tough to find at this event. This is the down side of such a large event. It might not be such a bad idea to contact your class driver&#39;s rep. or bribe someone from here that is local to save you a spot.

Bill Miller
08-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Anyone from the NY/NJ/Ct area heading down to Summit Point that could transport some wheels/tires for me? I need to get some wheels and tires to someone at the track. If anyone could help out w/ this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Amy
08-19-2005, 08:13 PM
On that note, is there anyone from the area that could transport a Nissan 4-cyl engine, three van bench seats, and/or four mounted rains BACK from the Summit Point area? I&#39;ll chip in gas money, and if you want you can use my 24&#39; enclosed trailer...

Even if you can get them back to Jersey, that would save me a lot of driving time to go down there and pick them up later...

On edit: Bill, if I can&#39;t find someone to grab this stuff for me, I&#39;ll have ot take the van down later (at 12mpg!), possibly early September. If so, I&#39;ll be glad to take your stuff down for you...email me. - GA

Bill Miller
08-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 20 2005, 12:13 AM
On that note, is there anyone from the area that could transport a Nissan 4-cyl engine, three van bench seats, and/or four mounted rains BACK from the Summit Point area? I&#39;ll chip in gas money, and if you want you can use my 24&#39; enclosed trailer...

Even if you can get them back to Jersey, that would save me a lot of driving time to go down there and pick them up later...
On edit: Bill, if I can&#39;t find someone to grab this stuff for me, I&#39;ll have ot take the van down later (at 12mpg!), possibly early September. If so, I&#39;ll be glad to take your stuff down for you...email me. - GA

Greg,

The wheels are for Evan, and he needs them for the Labor Day double.

mgyip
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
The event is filling fast!! ITS/SSM is already FULL with 50 cars. ITA/ITB is filling rapidly with 46 - 31 ITA cars!!

Paddock space will be at a premium and I fear that the license keepers will be there in full force which means a plethora of cars (and drivers) that haven&#39;t been on track or even maintained since the 2004 Double MARRS! :bash_1_: !

Bill Miller
08-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey Matt, can you list me on your crew?

JamesB
08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh matt that does remind me....I need to call you about that weekend to figure out logistics.

gran racing
08-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Sound a lot like the last time we came down two years ago. Certainly makes for some interesting starts! I can&#39;t help but remember this one...

Jake F.&#39;s Summit Start (http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/start.wmv)

It was even worse further back in the field where I was. <_<

mgyip
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 24 2005, 12:00 PM
Sound a lot like the last time we came down two years ago. Certainly makes for some interesting starts! I can&#39;t help but remember this one...

I just squeaked by that one - my car is the GTi with the black rear and a white license plate that hugs the left side of the track. I vividly remember Andrew&#39;s car (the blue Integra) spinning off the track in my rear view mirror. While I hope this year&#39;s double is better, we have had similar starts already this year (Gregg and Billy at MARRS 5).

Bill Miller - no problem, I&#39;ll add you to my crew for a frosty adult beverage or 10 ;)

RP Performance
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 24 2005, 01:05 PM
The event is filling fast!! ITS/SSM is already FULL with 50 cars. ITA/ITB is filling rapidly with 46 - 31 ITA cars!!

Paddock space will be at a premium and I fear that the license keepers will be there in full force which means a plethora of cars (and drivers) that haven&#39;t been on track or even maintained since the 2004 Double MARRS! :bash_1_: !

I sure hope that they change the supps like they talked about doing last year. No license keepers was the plan.

Jake
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 03:47 PM
I sure hope that they change the supps like they talked about doing last year. No license keepers was the plan.

I&#39;m not quite sure what that means - but there are nearly 300 entrants now and nothing is oversubcribed. I hope not many people decide to enter a race the week before.

mgyip
08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 10:47 AM

Not for this year but it was certainly a heated discussion topic and will be on the agenda for the 2006 Double that the event is single-sanction with 2 races to keep the license keepers from popping out of the woodwork and wreaking havoc.

Bill Miller
08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 24 2005, 05:00 PM

Jake F.&#39;s Summit Start (http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/start.wmv)

It was even worse further back in the field where I was. <_<

Yeah, those big field starts at Summit Point are always fun!!!

Matt,

Thanks, may head down Thurs. PM or Fri. AM. I&#39;ll call.

mgyip
08-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 25 2005, 12:57 PM
Matt,

Thanks, may head down Thurs. PM or Fri. AM. I&#39;ll call.

Thanks for the warning... ;)

dj10
08-26-2005, 08:55 AM
[FONT=Impact]I Wonder why this event is stretched over 3 days? Not much track time on Sat., hope someone is having a big party.

mgyip
08-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 07:55 AM
[FONT=Impact]I Wonder why this event is stretched over 3 days? Not much track time on Sat., hope someone is having a big party.

By the total number of cars and the fact that there is qualifying for Sun and Mon races on Sat stretches the event to 3 days. On a typical MARRS weekend, Sat has 2 qualifying sessions (morn and afternoon) for the same race - for the Double, that becomes 1 qualifying session for Sun and 1 qualifying session for Mon.

dj10
08-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 26 2005, 01:23 PM
By the total number of cars and the fact that there is qualifying for Sun and Mon races on Sat stretches the event to 3 days. On a typical MARRS weekend, Sat has 2 qualifying sessions (morn and afternoon) for the same race - for the Double, that becomes 1 qualifying session for Sun and 1 qualifying session for Mon.

Normally I see qualifying in the mornings and the races in the afternoon, which would eliminate the extra day. You may be right, it&#39;s more the number of cars. Looks like a hell of a turn out.
dj10 or for this weekend I guess it&#39;s dj30 :)

mlytle
08-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 03:54 PM
Normally I see qualifying in the mornings and the races in the afternoon, which would eliminate the extra day. You may be right, it&#39;s more the number of cars. Looks like a hell of a turn out.
dj10 or for this weekend I guess it&#39;s dj30 :)

normal events outside of the marrs series don&#39;t have 250-375 cars and 9 run groups. you just can&#39;t do a double with that many cars in two days. the sarrc/marrs event at vir found that out the first year they tried it.

for labor day, two run groups are now closed due to oversubscriptions, ita/itb and its/ssm. a third group is only two cars away from the limit. 325 cars registered so far. there were 375 last year.

JamesB
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
I am actually surprised that the SM group has yet to fill. I knew ITA/ITB would be one of the first with such a strong showing this season.

EV
08-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 25 2005, 03:47 PM

I would think the high car count would mean some great racing. Besides, the region does a great job at making money for charity at this event...

P.S. Don&#39;t forget to get your EV insurance!!!!

Gregg
08-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by EV@Aug 26 2005, 02:04 PM
P.S. Don&#39;t forget to get your EV insurance!!!!
Do you guys cover high-risk drivers? :119:

dj10
08-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 26 2005, 04:37 PM
normal events outside of the marrs series don&#39;t have 250-375 cars and 9 run groups. you just can&#39;t do a double with that many cars in two days. the sarrc/marrs event at vir found that out the first year they tried it.

for labor day, two run groups are now closed due to oversubscriptions, ita/itb and its/ssm. a third group is only two cars away from the limit. 325 cars registered so far. there were 375 last year.

I just hate the drive back on a holiday, seems like every bad driver is out of the road.
Its been sometime since I was at the Point looking forward to meet some good people and always pray for a safe weekend and good clean racing for all.
dj

lateapex911
08-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Uhhh....what&#39;s EV insurance??

I kicked in a $20 to the worker fund...is that related?

I think I counted 8 ITA RX-7s...wow..haven&#39;t seen that many in one place in years!

Bill Miller
08-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 26 2005, 12:55 PM

What other 2-day double gives you close to 2x the track time you get at a single? Have you been to the 2-day dbl at Pocono? You&#39;re lucky if you get the same amt of track time you get at a MARRS single! :119:

Jake,

The EV insurance is essentially a charity donation. The Labor Day dbl has been a charity fund raiser for as long as I can remember.

Really looking forward to going. Told the boss that I was taking Fri. off, so it looks like, unless something major happens next week, I&#39;ll be there!!! :023:

gran racing
08-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Bill, if you come stop by and say hi. It would be nice to meet you in person. I&#39;ll be paddocked with Jake F.&#39;s red/yellow MR2 and another MR2 (with all sorts of colors on it).

jmark
08-27-2005, 04:05 PM
How many 240Z&#39;s are entered in the ITS races?

Gregg
08-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jmark@Aug 27 2005, 04:05 PM
How many 240Z&#39;s are entered in the ITS races?

In a 14-car field there is one 240z and one 280z.
There are 5 RX-7&#39;s
There are 3 325&#39;s
There is one Integra
There is one Miata
There is one 944
There is one 190E

That group (ITS/SSM) is at its full complement of 50 cars so you probably won&#39;t see the makeup change between now and next weekend.

Jake
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Aug 27 2005, 07:42 AM
I think I counted 8 ITA RX-7s...wow..haven&#39;t seen that many in one place in years!

Wait until you see the dozen or so Pinto&#39;s in small bore!

dj10
08-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I have a couple of questions on Friday arrival.
1. Can you get into the track and setup before you register (1800 hrs)?
2. If so when does the track let you in?
Thanks
dj

jmark
08-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Aug 28 2005, 12:29 AM
There are 5 RX-7&#39;s
There are 3 325&#39;s
There is one Integra
There is one Miata
There is one 944
There is one 190E

That group (ITS/SSM) is at its full complement of 50 cars so you probably won&#39;t see the makeup change between now and next weekend.

Gregg, Thanks. Could you tell me who is running these cars? I was planning on attending the AMS race but since that got cancelled I was thinking of taking a drive up to Summit Point. I haven&#39;t been there is years.

Jake
08-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jmark@Aug 28 2005, 02:31 PM
Gregg, Thanks. Could you tell me who is running these cars? I was planning on attending the AMS race but since that got cancelled I was thinking of taking a drive up to Summit Point. I haven&#39;t been there is years.

Click the link on the first post of this thread. It shows who and what is registered.

jmark
08-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jake@Aug 28 2005, 03:00 PM
Click the link on the first post of this thread. It shows who and what is registered.

Thanks Jake. I missed that.....

dj10
08-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Aug 28 2005, 12:29 AM
There are 5 RX-7&#39;s
There are 3 325&#39;s
There is one Integra
There is one Miata
There is one 944
There is one 190E

The entry list is not acurate.
I have a confirmed entry but the online entry list does not show me? Hope there is not a problem. :unsure:
I requested #10 in ITS wonder why I didn&#39;t get it?
dj

Jake
08-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 28 2005, 04:58 PM
I have a confirmed entry but the online entry list does not show me? Hope there is not a problem. :unsure:
dj

Do you think it was because the run group was already oversubscribed?

mgyip
08-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 28 2005, 09:29 AM
I have a couple of questions on Friday arrival.
1. Can you get into the track and setup before you register (1800 hrs)?
2. If so when does the track let you in?

The track allows cars in starting at 1800h on Thu - there is a $25 refundable ticket plus $5 for drivers (non-refundable). The DC region has some pre-reserved corrals for various race classes (ITS,A,B,C, SM, SSM and so forth) - contacting the drivers reps via the Supps will either reserve you a place in the corral or at least get you on radar in case you have special needs such as pavement only or electricity.

Gregg
08-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 28 2005, 12:58 PM
DJ-

I strongly suggest that you contact the region&#39;s registrar, Beth Mills at cluboffice at wdcr-scca.org or call 800-879-4722 on Monday to confirm your registration. You may be a victim of what&#39;s spelled out in the "Oversubscriptions" section of the Supps.

BTW--The two halves of my car are almost a whole. I can&#39;t wait!

mgyip
08-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Aug 28 2005, 06:53 PM
BTW--The two halves of my car are almost a whole. I can&#39;t wait!

So which half of your car will be registered for the Double or do you intend to run one half for each race?

spnkzss
08-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 29 2005, 08:53 AM
So which half of your car will be registered for the Double or do you intend to run one half for each race?

I&#39;m willing to bet it will be the BACK half on Saturday that takes the checker :)

JamesB
08-29-2005, 09:44 AM
I think drivers left will cross first ;)

Gregg
08-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 29 2005, 08:53 AM

Well, Matt, if I went out w/ half a motor....

And some people would say I&#39;ve been driving w/ half a brain this year..

dave parker
08-29-2005, 11:28 AM
And some people would say I&#39;ve been driving w/ half a brain this year..

--------------------
Gregg Ginsberg

I think that is being overly generous. But in the Politcally Correct time that we live in I guess we will have to accept that. :119: :D

See ya this weekend.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

EV
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Aug 27 2005, 07:42 AM
Uhhh....what&#39;s EV insurance??

I kicked in a $20 to the worker fund...is that related?

This weekend each specialty trys to raise money to help out folks. This year I think the money goes to the place that helps kids with burns.

Emergency services asks for a donation for our services ($5 for a flat tow, $15 for a wrecker, $10 a bag for oil dry..etc).

We also offer insurance to cover everything for the weekend for $20.

Gregg, I think we will do better making you pay as you go ;). Are you on your 4th or 5th rebuild this year???

RP Performance
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Well we are up 354 cars so far. It still makes me mad that even the way the groups are now we could combine both open wheel groups and not be over 50 cars. Almost every other group is over subscribed ro close to it.

Andy Bettencourt
08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 29 2005, 11:04 AM
Well we are up 354 cars so far. It still makes me mad that even the way the groups are now we could combine both open wheel groups and not be over 50 cars. Almost every other group is over subscribed ro close to it.

Brett,

I am with you in theory. I hope everyone will chime in on the post I send in a minute re: restricted regionals in the General section...

AB

dj10
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
[quote]
DJ-

I strongly suggest that you contact the region&#39;s registrar, Beth Mills at cluboffice at wdcr-scca.org or call 800-879-4722 on Monday to confirm your registration. You may be a victim of what&#39;s spelled out in the "Oversubscriptions" section of the Supps.

Greg,
I did contact Beth and she said I wasn&#39;t registered. I got an email that said I was confirmed and the confirmation # was TBD. Guess it lied to me. All she said she could do was put me on a waiting list and she would know by Friday! Looks like I&#39;m SOL!! Hell I&#39;m not driving 170 miles to wait and see if I can race. I need to know by Wed. or my weekend is shot. I also tried to get #10 when I DID REGISTER, but it would not give me the number even though there is no #10 in the race.
Looks like I&#39;ll have to race you guys at another track or next year. :(
dj

Gregg
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 29 2005, 03:01 PM
I did contact Beth and she said I wasn&#39;t registered. I got an email that said I was confirmed and the confirmation # was TBD. Guess it lied to me. All she said she could do was put me on a waiting list and she would know by Friday! Looks like I&#39;m SOL!! Hell I&#39;m not driving 170 miles to wait and see if I can race. I need to know by Wed. or my weekend is shot. I also tried to get #10 when I DID REGISTER, but it would not give me the number even though there is no #10 in the race.

DJ-

Sorry to hear that you may not be joining us. As for the number thing, we do have reserved numbers for cars that regularly run the 10-race MARRS series. These numbers are assigned prior to the season and there must be another SSM or ITS car that has that number reserved, regardless of whether or not they&#39;re running the Double.

RP Performance
08-29-2005, 08:54 PM
dj
[

Once again someone does not get to race while the openn wheel cars get tow groups I agree Andy restricted regionals.

:bash_1_:

RP Performance
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
:) I also forgot for those of you that will be there RP Performance will have a keg of beer Saturday night after the days events.

Jake
08-29-2005, 09:41 PM
It&#39;s really sad that they have to turn away people from this regional. Why not at least let people in the oversubscribed classes run a consolation race with SM if they qualify slowly?

RP Performance
08-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Jake@Aug 30 2005, 01:41 AM
It&#39;s really sad that they have to turn away people from this regional. Why not at least let people in the oversubscribed classes run a consolation race with SM if they qualify slowly?

The problem if you look at the entries online is that almost every group is at the 50 car max. Except for the SRF and open wheel cars which might be at 80 cars for 3 groups. SM still has room but that is about the only group.

PDoane
08-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 20 2005, 05:26 AM
Greg,

The wheels are for Evan, and he needs them for the Labor Day double.

Bill, if you can meet me somewhere halfway between us (I&#39;m in Medford, NJ) today or tomorrow evening, I have space for wheels/tires and am heading down first thing Thurs for the land rush.

[email protected]

mgyip
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 29 2005, 07:57 PM
:) I also forgot for those of you that will be there RP Performance will have a keg of beer Saturday night after the days events.

:OLA:

dan rolfe
08-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 30 2005, 10:11 AM

I was wondering if anyone going to Summit Point this weekend had any crew spots open so I and a guest can at least watch Sunday&#39;s races. I was planning on racing this weekend but being a football coach has killed any chance for me to race in the fall. I am just trying to get my last fix, albeit watching, before the winter. Thanks in advance.
Dan Rolfe
EP Green BMW 2002

dj10
08-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 30 2005, 12:54 AM
dj
[

Once again someone does not get to race while the openn wheel cars get tow groups I agree Andy restricted regionals.

:bash_1_:

I&#39;m in :023: , a ssm guy canceled & Beth called me. Thanks Beth!
dj

mlytle
08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 30 2005, 07:12 PM
I&#39;m in :023: , a ssm guy canceled & Beth called me. Thanks Beth!
dj

dj - you are its right? what kind of car? do you need paddock space? i am the its "space controller" and i have room for one more, as long as you don&#39;t have a motorhome and massive enclosed rig...

marshall

Chris Humphrey
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Can somone save me a paddock spot?
I have two free crew spots and a few beer&#39;s to offer.

I will be at the track around 6 or 7 Friday

ITA- RX7- #7

gran racing
08-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Any good recommendations on a bar in D.C.? Maybe something that has live music. (Not looking for a dance club.)

mgyip
08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 31 2005, 10:47 AM
Any good recommendations on a bar in D.C.? Maybe something that has live music. (Not looking for a dance club.)

In DC proper? Hmm - I&#39;m partial to barley pops so I like places that specialize in :birra: I&#39;d recommend R.F.D. (http://rfdwashington.com/) near the MCI Centre or it&#39;s parent, the Brickskeller (http://www.thebrickskeller.com/) on Embassy Row. Parking sucks near the Brickskeller but the beer makes it worth the trip. R.F.D. is close to the Metro and I&#39;d recommend that form of transport since it&#39;s easier on both the wallet and the nerves.

Closer to Slummit Point is Old Dominion Brewery in Ashburn, VA (http://www.olddominion.com/) that has as brewpub that serves fairly decent food, especially compared to bar(f) food such as TGIFridays or Bennigans. There&#39;s also Thoroughbred&#39;s in Leesburg (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9819/) but I haven&#39;t tested them out yet - I have a coupon for the place but haven&#39;t made the pilgrimage.

Racerboy03
08-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Matt,

What is your email address? I still need to reserve some paddock space, I will be there very early sat. morning. Thanks.

dj10
08-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 31 2005, 01:23 AM
dj - you are its right? what kind of car? do you need paddock space? i am the its "space controller" and i have room for one more, as long as you don&#39;t have a motorhome and massive enclosed rig...

marshall

BMW 325, yes I do need a paddock space. I have a 24&#39; enclosed and a 3/4 T Silverado.
Thanks guy I do appriciate this.
dj

mlytle
08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by dj10@Aug 31 2005, 06:58 PM
BMW 325, yes I do need a paddock space. I have a 24&#39; enclosed and a 3/4 T Silverado.
Thanks guy I do appriciate this.
dj

you are set. replied to your email. cya at the track!

emwavey
09-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Bummed I can&#39;t make it.
Have fun guys... looks like my next race will be the last MARRS race.

Greg Amy
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
One last shot:

Anyone from the Jersey-NH area that is going to the event, that might be able to bring back three full-size van bench seats and a set of mounted rains? Even if you can&#39;t get it all the way to CT, partial carry would help on time and gas costs...

Thanks!

rallyvolvo
09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 15 2005, 12:19 PM

Actually, that would be 1 exit SOUTH from VA 7, to Rte 50. Lots of places to eat around there, and more going up all the time. (I live here...) The only place to eat 1 exit north is Denny&#39;s, hardly better than Shoneys if you ask me. If you really want some good food, go down around the Loudon Street Mall. Brewbakers is a fine little pub type place, Sweet Carolines, and Cork Street Tavern. Follow Rte 11 thru town and you&#39;ll find it. For the guy asking about live music, Brewbakers and Sweet Carolines usually have live music Fri/Sat. How good it is depends on who&#39;s playing, and your personal taste...

And yes, those of you who saw the wreckage that was Sven after my little shunt last event, the car is back together and going on the trailer tonite. Lots of cutting and welding and cussing and painting and more cussing. Not bad for only having 3 weeks to put it back together. :)

-Nick

mgyip
09-02-2005, 09:03 AM
I saw you were registered - :happy204: :happy204: for getting the car back together - from my vantage point, it didn&#39;t look good when you went off.

I concur that the interchange of Rt 50 and I-81 has a plethora of restaurants representing both national chains (yuck) and local establishments :023: . Not only that but that exit has TWO Waffle Houses

Seriously, there are two good Mexican restaurants at that exit on either side of the highway - on the east side is Los Toltecos and on the west side, near Wally World is El Ranchero. There&#39;s even a Japanese steak house and sushi shop next to the Martin&#39;s. Who&#39;d of ever thought to find a Sushi joint in Winchester?

See you in group 5...

Bill Miller
09-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Any results/reports? Looks like the weather was perfect!

moto62
09-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Miller@Sep 5 2005, 10:10 PM
Any results/reports? Looks like the weather was perfect!

Yep! The weather was absolutely perfect and thanks for the tip on Shoneys. What a great time. Wonderful organization and a well run event. :happy204: I&#39;ll have to sum it all up for you all later.

Sunday ITA
1. Gregg Ginsberg.......1:28.379
2. Kirk Dohne..............1:28.326
3. Ray Lee Chee(me)...1:28.545
4. Bret De Pedro..........1:27.79(New Track Record)***Whooo!

Sunday ITB
1. Patrick Pegues.........1:31.785
2. Charles Broring.......1:32.144
3. David Toy...............1:32.105
4. William Radford.......1:32.208

MondayITA
1. Bret De Pedro.........1:28.0
2. Gregg Ginsberg.......1:28.3
3. Ray Lee Chee(me)...1:28.1
4. Kirk Dohne..............1:28.3

Monday&#39;s times are strictly from memory and since I don&#39;t have a result sheet, I don&#39;t have the ITB results but i&#39;m sure somebody does.

ITAMiata
09-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Wish I could have been there. :(

Amazing lap times and a beautiful weekend. Great job Brett in earning the new lap record. Crazy fast. :023:

Bill

RP Performance
09-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ITAMiata@Sep 6 2005, 09:19 AM
Wish I could have been there. :(

Amazing lap times and a beautiful weekend. Great job Brett in earning the new lap record. Crazy fast. :023:

Bill

Thanks Bill, It was a good weekend overall. My spin on Sunday just made me put my head down and drive the wheels off the car trying to get back to get a good points finish and the record lower. Don&#39;t forget Bill that the car is for sale and I will be posting an ad in the classified section soon. Maybe I will build a 1.8 for next year?

rallyvolvo
09-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Monday ITB:

William Radford - 1:31:858
Patrick Pegues - 1:31:479
Charles Broring- 1:32:048
David Toy - 1:31:898

Matt Yip had some bad luck first or second lap and went into the tire wall outside of 5 monday. I&#39;m not sure what happened, as I started second to last row and didnt see anything... All I heard was something about 3 wide down the chute.

Both days I got into a drag race with Don Baily in his purple and white mustang from the exit of one down to the chute. Fun going side by side for that long. Unfortuneately I didn&#39;t have time to get my suspension adjusted properly after mangling the car in MARRS 7, so I couldn&#39;t hang onto him. Seriously, I was about 2 seconds slower this weekend. Oh well. Kept me out of trouble, and now my stripes come off. :smilie_pokal:

jmark
09-06-2005, 08:28 AM
How about the ITS results? TIA

JamesB
09-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Here are some of the pictures of Sunday and Monday races. I am sorry but my white white skin and lots of sun I had to limit my exposure time. that and I had many of my own things to do this weekend, pick up my seat, get two of the 3 ITB cars in our clan that needed its annual.

At least I have all the parts to finish my car and be ready for next season.

http://www.baked.net/~crash/gallery/20050905

I didnt get matts hit I was actually trying to get a picture of him in the middle of 3 rows of cars 3 wide when his spin happen. He hit the drivers right tirewall really hard literally under my feet. I am just glad all the safety eqipment and the car did what it was supposed to do and he was able to walk away. Sure he will be sore today but thats a small price to pay for the hit he took.

mgyip
09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by rallyvolvo@Sep 6 2005, 07:03 AM
Matt Yip had some bad luck first or second lap and went into the tire wall outside of 5 monday. I&#39;m not sure what happened, as I started second to last row and didnt see anything... All I heard was something about 3 wide down the chute.

Yup - first lap entering turn 4, culimating in the braking zone for turn 5. 3 wide but I was far enough in front of the car that was far to drivers&#39; right that it was my apex. However the other driver had a car stuck to his bumper which caused him to not slow as much as he would have liked. When I turned in, he bumped me just behind the door, 2x - the 2nd hit was fairly long given the amount of rubber "dust" on the fender. This prompted a rather lurid spin going down the chute. I hit the tire wall on drivers&#39; right with the drivers&#39; side of the car and spun another 360 (I hear that another car drove into the LF as I was spinning but can&#39;t confirm that) before coming to a rest at the track exit directly opposite the worker station. Apparently the hit moved a fairly sizeable "boulder" and tore the tire wall to shreds as well as spraying the spectators in turn 5, up to the bleachers with grass, dirt and mouldy water that was in the tires :119: I guess the old philosophy of "Do it BIG" holds true.

Spoke with the driver of the car that bumped me afterwards. He feels rather badly about the incident and believes (as do I after listening to him and other witnesses) that it was an unfortunate racing incident. However the other driver felt so bad that he even quit his race early and has offered to help me fix my car - talk about a helluva sportsman :happy204: :023:

With any luck, I&#39;ll be back in the General Li for MARRS 10 but I have offers from friends to drive their ITB cars (2 Golfs and a 2002) as well as a fellow ITA competitor - Let&#39;s just say that I&#39;m humbled to know that there are truly GREAT people in the MARRS series :OLA:

mlytle
09-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by jmark@Sep 6 2005, 12:28 PM
How about the ITS results? TIA

sun (top three qualifiers all in the 1:25&#39;s. bmw, acura, bmw)
giovanis bmw
york bmw
lytle bmw
hoffman acura

sat
lytle
giovanis
hoffman
york

the z&#39;s had a tuff weekend. lots of mechanical issues, including a connecting rod through the block on gibson&#39;s car during qualifying going into turn 10.

mgyip
09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JamesB@Sep 6 2005, 08:18 AM
I am just glad all the safety eqipment and the car did what it was supposed to do and he was able to walk away. Sure he will be sore today but thats a small price to pay for the hit he took.

Nice pics - see, the passenger side looks just fine, now if I could just fix the wavy paint job on the drivers&#39; side, I&#39;d be fine ;)

I&#39;m surprisingly not sore or stiff today - I do remember that when I realized that I was heading for oblivion that I turned my head to face forward and just relaxed. It took FOREVER for the car to actually hit the tire wall but the spin in the air (where apparently y&#39;all got a nice view of the underside) didn&#39;t snap my head around - I guess there&#39;s truly an advantage to not having a neck.

In medical, I somehow checked out normal (which would be a first for me, ever). The only comments were "You&#39;re as normal as you can be given the people you associate with" :bash_1_:

JamesB
09-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 6 2005, 09:32 AM
In medical, I somehow checked out normal (which would be a first for me, ever). The only comments were "You&#39;re as normal as you can be given the people you associate with" :bash_1_:

You know thats exactly what my Dr said after my physical for my novice permit.

Hey it could be rebuilt in time, but at least you have other options of cars to race. And that alone is a great thing.

RP Performance
09-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JamesB@Sep 6 2005, 01:39 PM
You know thats exactly what my Dr said after my physical for my novice permit.

Hey it could be rebuilt in time, but at least you have other options of cars to race. And that alone is a great thing.

good to hear that you where OK Matt. Or as you say as OK as you can be.

ITABrad
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Great to see you after that crash Matt. Your right about the people in the MARRS Series. I&#39;m overwhelmed by the help I got from Sean, Gregg,and A.J. If it weren&#39;t for thier help I would have had a four lap weekend You guys are the best.
Thanks,Brad

jmark
09-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by mlytle@Sep 6 2005, 01:29 PM
sun (top three qualifiers all in the 1:25&#39;s. bmw, acura, bmw)
giovanis bmw
york bmw
lytle bmw
hoffman acura
sat
lytle
giovanis
hoffman
york

the z&#39;s had a tuff weekend. lots of mechanical issues, including a connecting rod through the block on gibson&#39;s car during qualifying going into turn 10.

Thanks. Don&#39;t hear of Z&#39;s motors going very often.....

JamesB
09-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ITABrad@Sep 6 2005, 10:18 AM
Great to see you after that crash Matt. Your right about the people in the MARRS Series. I&#39;m overwhelmed by the help I got from Sean, Gregg,and A.J. If it weren&#39;t for thier help I would have had a four lap weekend You guys are the best.
Thanks,Brad

If I knew more about Honda&#39;s I would have offered more then a way for Gregg to run down for the parts. Glad to see you out there and able to move through the field monday.

ITABrad
09-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by JamesB@Sep 6 2005, 02:45 PM
If I knew more about Honda&#39;s I would have offered more then a way for Gregg to run down for the parts. Glad to see you out there and able to move through the field monday.

I&#39;m sorry James, I knew I would leave someone out. Yes, thank you for the use of your truck. Also thanks for the photo&#39;s.
Brad

JamesB
09-06-2005, 11:25 AM
those photos are resized for web veiwing, if anyone wants the full size picture shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will send you the original.

mgyip
09-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ITABrad@Sep 6 2005, 10:02 AM
I&#39;m sorry James, I knew I would leave someone out. Yes, thank you for the use of your truck. Also thanks for the photo&#39;s.

You didn&#39;t thank me for letting you finish in front of me on Monday :018:

I was impressed that you were able to adapt so quickly to that (essentially) junkyard transmission :happy204:

ITABrad
09-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 6 2005, 03:32 PM
You didn&#39;t thank me for letting you finish in front of me on Monday :018:

I was impressed that you were able to adapt so quickly to that (essentially) junkyard transmission :happy204:

Hey Matt, that was really a big sacrifice on your part. A little extreme perhaps. I hope you make it back for 10.
Brad

spnkzss
09-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JamesB@Sep 6 2005, 09:18 AM
Here are some of the pictures of Sunday and Monday races. I am sorry but my white white skin and lots of sun I had to limit my exposure time. that and I had many of my own things to do this weekend, pick up my seat, get two of the 3 ITB cars in our clan that needed its annual.

At least I have all the parts to finish my car and be ready for next season.

http://www.baked.net/~crash/gallery/20050905

I didnt get matts hit I was actually trying to get a picture of him in the middle of 3 rows of cars 3 wide when his spin happen. He hit the drivers right tirewall really hard literally under my feet. I am just glad all the safety eqipment and the car did what it was supposed to do and he was able to walk away. Sure he will be sore today but thats a small price to pay for the hit he took.

Nice pics.

This is by far my favorite picture: http://www.baked.net/~crash/gallery/20050905/DSCN4314

Sorry Dagerous Dave :P

spnkzss
09-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mgyip@Sep 6 2005, 09:32 AM
Nice pics - see, the passenger side looks just fine, now if I could just fix the wavy paint job on the drivers&#39; side, I&#39;d be fine ;)

I&#39;m surprisingly not sore or stiff today - I do remember that when I realized that I was heading for oblivion that I turned my head to face forward and just relaxed. It took FOREVER for the car to actually hit the tire wall but the spin in the air (where apparently y&#39;all got a nice view of the underside) didn&#39;t snap my head around - I guess there&#39;s truly an advantage to not having a neck.

Finally an logical excuse for the short neck, now if we can just fine a logical excuse for looking through the steering wheel while you drive, besides the lack of phonebook :)

During the accident I actually felt bad for Bryan sitting next to me in the stands. I damn near ran him over trying to get out of the stands and run down the hill to see if you were alright. Glad to hear you&#39;re not hurt. It sounds like you ned to get the Li over to J&L for some heavy pulling.

JamesB
09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Sep 6 2005, 02:39 PM
Finally an logical excuse for the short neck, now if we can just fine a logical excuse for looking through the steering wheel while you drive, besides the lack of phonebook :)

During the accident I actually felt bad for Bryan sitting next to me in the stands. I damn near ran him over trying to get out of the stands and run down the hill to see if you were alright. Glad to hear you&#39;re not hurt. It sounds like you ned to get the Li over to J&L for some heavy pulling.

I have to admit that was a great move for that position, done well and done cleanly.

I last hear the li is heading that direction sometime this week. I hope the repair efforts don&#39;t take too long for him.

lateapex911
09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Why is that Dave, because you are going around the outside of that wheel locking Civic, or......

Or because there are 4 handsome Rx-7s in ONE picture!?

mgyip
09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by spnkzss@Sep 6 2005, 01:39 PM

I can see just fine over the steering wheel, thank you - it just happens to be at eye level for me and NO, Verizon Superpages are NOT one of my sponsors :bash_1_: :bash_1_:

Y&#39;all certainly got a birds eye view of the incident, that&#39;s fer sure. I was figuring that since I know most everyone at turn 5, you&#39;d all be sending me your cleaning bills after spraying everyone with tire spooge. I owe a thanks to whomever handed me the bottle of water but I don&#39;t remember who it was in all the "excitement".

Nice pass on Dave - just one car width and absolutely nothing more!! I was in turn 5 and was most impressed!!

I&#39;ll bring the General Li over to J&L tomorrow evening to start the healing process. I&#39;m hoping to tap into John&#39;s spare parts mecca rather than use James&#39;s parts car which I&#39;d rather turn into a rental/spare car.

Gregg
09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Sep 6 2005, 03:39 PM

By the end of the Sunday race there weren&#39;t many "handsome" Spec RX-7&#39;s left in the paddock. I was surprised by their on-track antics when I drove Spank&#39;s ITC Civic at MARRS 7, but their bashfests in Saturday qualifying and in Sunday&#39;s race were two of the ugliest sessions I have ever seen. As I was only a spectator, I&#39;ll let some of the ITC drivers comment if they so desire.

[hypocrite mode=on]Although I got through the weekend without spinning or exiting the track in a spectacular way, I was not contact-free over the weekend and feel pretty crappy about it. Thankfully those I did come into contact with were very understanding people.[hypocrite mode=off]

That said, I&#39;d like to thank the Northern boys for coming down and putting on a great show (Ray ran faster at Summit after one weekend than I&#39;ve ever run there in three years), Kirk Dohne for giving me the race of my life on Sunday (5 lead changes), Brett for letting that happen :119:, Brantly&#39;s mom for feeding me all the rabbit food I could eat, Brett for his encouraging words in impound on Monday, and Brett for absolutely destroying the track record on Sunday (so that I can stop pushing to try and break it), James for donating a vehicle that gets more than 6mpg for my late-nite transmission run for Brad, Dave & Terri for not charging me the late cancellation fee at the hotel, and Big John for (1) helping me get the car back together, (2) pointing out how many bent radius rods I possess, and (3) being the "sane" voice on the radio both days.

EV
09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 6 2005, 08:10 PM
By the end of the Sunday race there weren&#39;t many "handsome" Spec RX-7&#39;s left in the paddock. I was surprised by their on-track antics when I drove Spank&#39;s ITC Civic at MARRS 7, but their bashfests in Saturday qualifying and in Sunday&#39;s race were two of the ugliest sessions I have ever seen. As I was only a spectator, I&#39;ll let some of the ITC drivers comment if they so desire.

[hypocrite mode=on]Although I got through the weekend without spinning or exiting the track in a spectacular way, I was not contact-free over the weekend and feel pretty crappy about it. Thankfully those I did come into contact with were very understanding people.[hypocrite mode=off]

That said, I&#39;d like to thank the Northern boys for coming down and putting on a great show (Ray ran faster at Summit after one weekend than I&#39;ve ever run there in three years), Kirk Dohne for giving me the race of my life on Sunday (5 lead changes), Brett for letting that happen :119:, Brantly&#39;s mom for feeding me all the rabbit food I could eat, Brett for his encouraging words in impound on Monday, and Brett for absolutely destroying the track record on Sunday (so that I can stop pushing to try and break it), James for donating a vehicle that gets more than 6mpg for my late-nite transmission run for Brad, Dave & Terri for not charging me the late cancellation fee at the hotel, and Big John for (1) helping me get the car back together, (2) pointing out how many bent radius rods I possess, and (3) being the "sane" voice on the radio both days.

Sure Gregg, leave me out...

spnkzss
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Sep 6 2005, 03:39 PM
Why is that Dave, because you are going around the outside of that wheel locking Civic, or......

Actually I wrote that I like the picture, and that was because I was the one making the pass in the Honda. I believe that I got the RX-7 going into 6B :)

Saturday&#39;s race was definitly an exciting one. I had a hell of a run through the carousel through the entire race (3 passes on teh outside of 5, 2 or 3 on the inside, and 3 cross over passes through 6a and B). The RX-7s made things interesting Saturday and fun on Sunday. :rolleyes: Definitly had an awesome time, up until a little incident in 3 on the last lap, but the car is in one piece, I&#39;m in one piece, and I didn&#39;t lose any ground in the points. All in all a successful weekend.

gran racing
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Gregg, I never should have studied the video you posted here from your 4/24 race!! Or at least I shouldn’t have made a sequel move. When I watched your video originally, I thought how did he do that? On Monday after qualifying third in ITB, I found out in the same exact spot. It really stinks watching 40 cars drive by while just sitting there. Too bad, I was really starting to get the track. But at the same time I was extremely lucky to have people help me out as much as they did otherwise I never would have gotten out on the track. Very cool stuff.

Gregg
09-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Just be glad I didn&#39;t post the video of me flipping three times in T10. :happy204: :119:

It was nice meeting you this weekend, Dave.

Jake
09-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Sep 6 2005, 08:54 PM
Gregg, I never should have studied the video you posted here from your 4/24 race!! Or at least I shouldn’t have made a sequel move. When I watched your video originally, I thought how did he do that? On Monday after qualifying third in ITB, I found out in the same exact spot. It really stinks watching 40 cars drive by while just sitting there. Too bad, I was really starting to get the track. But at the same time I was extremely lucky to have people help me out as much as they did otherwise I never would have gotten out on the track. Very cool stuff.

"I was 4th!! " - Dave Gran? 9/5/05

Gregg
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by EV@Sep 6 2005, 04:38 PM
Sure Gregg, leave me out...

Ooops. Thanks for being the Chief of EV, Bill. You had a very busy weekend.

Oh, and thanks for the advice too.

JamesB
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
EV worked their tails off this weekend. I have never worked or attended a labor day weekend due to work and social commitments and holy cow was I surprised to see how racing is on this day. I know some groups mix it up all the time (yes I know all the nicknames) but this was seriously one of the worst weekends I have seen in a very long time.

At the same time there was some very exciting and mostly clean racing going on out there. I watched Gregg power slide through 5 countless amounts of times as he chased down Brett on Monday. Sunday was really exciting watching Gregg and Kirk go back and forth as well as greggs james bond style of passing cars.

I can&#39;t wait tp watch MARSS10 and be in the 06 season as I watch you all fly past my point by.

ITAMiata
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by RP Performance@Sep 6 2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks Bill, It was a good weekend overall. My spin on Sunday just made me put my head down and drive the wheels off the car trying to get back to get a good points finish and the record lower. Don&#39;t forget Bill that the car is for sale and I will be posting an ad in the classified section soon. Maybe I will build a 1.8 for next year?

Brett, I have a car started, but don&#39;t know if it will be ready by MARRS X or not. Why are you selling yours and building an ITS Miata?

Bill

lateapex911
09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ITAMiata@Sep 6 2005, 09:32 PM
........and building an ITS Miata?

Bill

It is up for a class change to ITA at 2380 lbs, IIRC.......

ITAMiata
09-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911@Sep 7 2005, 01:42 AM
It is up for a class change to ITA at 2380 lbs, IIRC.......

Has this been approved?

Bill

moto62
09-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Here is a recap of my first trip to Summit. It started off with finding a paddock spot. We(Kim and I) circled the joint about three times going through every nook and cranny, up into the woods, down some trails, said hello to Gregg and Brett, until we just finally gave up and went back outside of the track. Took a breather and decided to try again. Soon as we got in, some guy flags us down and asked if we needed some paddock space. We said yup and followed him into the woods where he pointed out a gigantuous spot right next to him, in the shade mind you. That was just unbelievable. Big thanks to Jim Mills for being so courteous.
Left the track that evening and got lost going to Shoneys but eventually got there. Sat qualifiers were cool. The only time I&#39;ve seen the course was on Jake fishers website, one lap of the point video. (I never knew there were actual elevation changes until someone told me the day before so we walked the track on Fri nite.)
Some sort of grid was set up for the first qualifier and I ended up a few cars from the tailend of the field. Within a few laps some of the faster cars came zooming by so I just tagged along try to pick up as much pointers as I could. Qualified fifth with a 1:30.208. Second qualifier grid was set by the times from the first qualifier so I got to start up front with the Summit regulars (That be you Gregg, Brett, Kirk,etc) I ended up qualifying 3rd with a 1:29.293. Anyway, thats boring stuff.
Dinner on Sat nite was steak sandwiches, a real kick a$$ broccoli salad, some fixins, and cookies for desert. Really good stuff. Later, a few beers with Chris Humphrey, Vooo(Chris&#39; crew guy), and Dave Youngren and we all stopped over by Brets party and had some dialog. So the night ended and I didn&#39;t have to work on any RX-7&#39;s.
Sunday morning, Dunkin donuts coffee and a sandwich and it&#39;s off to the track at a leisurely pace since we were group five. Now back to some racing. Off we go down the front straight. Picked up one spot through T1. Going into T3 ...Holy Crap! Brett loses it and off he goes into the weeds. Now I&#39;m in third but I just couldn&#39;t hang with Greg and Kirk. I could only catch up when they started to tangle with each other but I had a few go&#39;s at it. I finish in third and felt that I would have a legitimate shot for a win if had some new skins (that would be tires for the racing challenged). so, as soon as the wheels on the car cooled off, I yanked them off and threw them in the back of the Burban and its off to see the Hoosier dudes. Circled the paddock twice and just couldn&#39;t seem to find them so I pulled over and asked some dude sporting a Hoosier shirt. Hoosier dudes were outta there. I said WHAT? Sheeot man! Thats no good.(No further comment on the Hoosier dudes at this time.) I guess my not so old tires will have to do. Now back to the fun stuff.
Dinner Sun nite, banging baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, all sorts of fixins and some kind of pastry for desert. Again, great stuff. I went back in line for seconds and the woman serving was asking each person, "would you like a breast?" The choice was breast or theigh. My turn came and when she asked , I guess she didn&#39;t hear my answer, yes. Then she said " which one" and I kind of gave her a dumbfounded look and she raised her brow and said,"breast or theigh?" I said OH!
I thought when you said which one I thought you meant left or right. :lol: Y&#39;all had to be there as everyone nearby had a good chuckle out of that one. So back to camp for a few more beers another great evening and no work to be done on an RX-.... dang It! here comes Chris H. and Dave Y. each with a big smile. I check out Chrises car, blown motor but they already knew that. Of course, since everyone at SP and the entire West Virginia area are sooooo nice, someone went home to pick up a motor for Chris so that he could race the next day. A few more Coronas and an hour or so later (I have done nothing but drink beer up to this point) I asked Chris if the motor was ready to come out of the car and he said yep. What are the chances of getting an engine hoist? He said the dude that is bringing the engine is also bringing a hoist. Now that dude in my opinion is waaaaay cool. A first gen RX-7 pulls up and here is John(I never got his last name but he drives a red SRX7.) the redneck and I say that because at some point during the engine swap, he said so himself " I aim a redneck" loud and proud. Funny guy and waaaay cool. Anyhow, the engine swap was completed Mon morning and when Kimmie and I rolled in, they were trying to get the motor running. Eventually, John was able to get it running but it was suffering from an incurable oil leak. Chris decided not to race and risk oiling down the track. A very sportsmanlike decision. However, Chris did race as John let him use his SRX7 for the ITA race and John had his own race later that day. Man! All this love at the Track. Back to racing. Mondays race was mostly spent chasing down Kirk Dohne in a Nissan 240sx. Gregg G. and Brett D took off and was never to be seen again. I managed to pass Kirk and on the last lap as we were headed towards the checquered flag I had to put a Wendell Holmes size block on him in order to keep him behind me. Kirk. Please, no hard feelings about that. We live to race another day. I did have some metal to metal contact with Don Wenner(71 Monza) I tried a few bumps to try and move him but my little Integra was not going to move the Monza anyhow but I did use him as a guardrail when I went sliding through the grass and it&#39;s true what he said. Eight wheels turn better than four :D No real damage was done. We each had a donut to take home. Overall good race and for the most part, very good pointbys from lapped traffic. Third place it was again best lap time, 1:28.151.

I really did have a great weekend and thanks to :
Washington D.C. Region
O.G Racing
Shoneys ( their showers rock)
Kim Samson (super crew chick who some of you met)
and I did my part for the Childrens Burn Camp.

RP Performance
09-07-2005, 07:14 AM
[quote]
Brett, I have a car started, but don&#39;t know if it will be ready by MARRS X or not. Why are you selling yours and building an ITS Miata?

Bill
[

Bill I am pretty sure that your car has a lot to be done still. Not sure if you have seen it but the roll cage is rusted real bad and will need to be sanded before you can paint it. :( I only planned on running my car for one year just to show that it can win and can be fast. As far as I have heard the 1.8 has been approved already for ITA next year. I will most likely go to SM nationals for next year. If anyone is looking for championship winning car let me know.

EV
09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 6 2005, 09:14 PM
Ooops. Thanks for being the Chief of EV, Bill. You had a very busy weekend.

Oh, and thanks for the advice too.

Okay Gregg... Hey, at least you didn&#39;t need the 60 lbs clevis this time!!

JamesB
09-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Hes saving that for his end of season race :119:

dave parker
09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey Guys
What a weekend. I had to take Tuesday off to fully recover. Terri and Porsche were beat too. A big thanks to everyone who came out and made the OG Racing MARRS Labor Day double a huge success. The charity drive raised almost $25000.00 for the Mid Atlantic Burn Camp.

For those of you that don&#39;t know, Harry McMahon (Formula Vee driver) had a heart attack in his paddock spot after the group seven (FV, F5) race on Monday. He was taken to Jefferson Memorial Hospital and then airlifted to Winchester. Emergency surgery was performed on Monday night. The doctors are "cautiously optimistic". I wish the best, fast recovery for Harry and his family.

Now the racing. I knew it was going to be a bizarre weekend when the SRX7 field was going to have 36 cars, many of which had not raced all year. I qualified 37th overall and 6th in class for Sundays race. I had the left inner cv joint break during the out lap in afternoon qualifying. That left me stranded at the T7 flag station and with NO TIME for Monday&#39;s race.

Sunday&#39;s race was a BLOODBATH. I cannot believe that no one got killed. A large percentage of the SRX7 drivers chose to leave their brains and any common sense behind when the green flag flew. There were over SIXTY calls on the flaggers radio net for contact and crashes. One SRX7 driver Dale Weisert (SRX7 #2) was involved in no less than FIVE metal to metal contacts. Dale caused the three car crash in T9 that resulted in the near destruction of Roger Troxell&#39;s ITC civic and another SRX7 to limp up to pit in and onto the trailer for home. Dale then proceeded to hit Rob Hines twice in the carosel. Several laps later Dale hit me in T5 (see the picture here http://www.baked.net/~crash/gallery/20050905/DSCN4243).The officials NEVER showed him the black flag. Dale was not the only SRX7 involved in some stupid shit out there. There was carnage everywhere. I was in third place in ITC at about lap five or six, and the stupidity that was going on in front of me was scary. I did not want to get caught up in the idiocy going on around me so i just kept hangin back, and lost third and fourth to braver souls than myself. Spanky passed me for fifth on the last lap with a stellar inside pass in T5 :happy204:. At that point I just wanted the race to be over. After the race the Chief Steward and the Operating Steward called all the drivers to Black Flag to tell us what a shitty race we had. The Chief Steward stated that they had car numbers of the offenders but they never mentioned any of them, even though we asked them to, they just said we were ALL bad. I ran into Dale Weisert at the beer party and talked with him about what happened on the track and what he was thinking during the race. He looked me square in the eyes and told me that he did not think he did anything wrong. It took all of my self control to not deck him. I did my best to explain to him that the GCR does not allow contact and that he really was way out of line in his on track behavoir.
Don&#39;t get me wrong, there are some really good drivers in SRX7, I would share the track with any of the top ten guys any day. But there was some really sketchy moves coming from the middle and back of the pack. And the officials did NOTHING!!!! :bash_1_:

Monday&#39;s race was better, but with no qualifying time I started in the back and finished off the podium. But was considerably less scared than the day before.

I am glad that everyone enjoyed the food and hospitality. Please support the people that support your events. As busy as we were in the track store all weekend I know that you guys and gals are.

I have very mixed feelings about whether I will participate in MARRS 10. The drivers and the officials need to do something about the rough and dangerous driving. And you guys call me "dangerous".

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

gran racing
09-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Are lap times for Monday&#39;s race posted anywhere? Will they be on mylaps.com?

Gregg
09-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Unfortunately not. It seems our T&S people choose to instead put the information on one of the most visually displeasing formats you can imagine on a home-made site.

Although they don&#39;t appear to be up yet, you&#39;ll be able to find them at:

http://www.offtotheraces.net/timecards.html

mgyip
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 7 2005, 01:39 PM
A large percentage of the SRX7 drivers chose to leave their brains and any common sense behind when the green flag flew. There were over SIXTY calls on the flaggers radio net for contact and crashes.

Funny that you should bring up the SRX7 fiasco - that&#39;s exactly what I said to a friend as I was walking back to my paddock from Medical. "I went out in the wrong group - I think I went out with SRX7s instead of ITA..."

EV
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 7 2005, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately not. It seems our T&S people choose to instead put the information on one of the most visually displeasing formats you can imagine on a home-made site.

Although they don&#39;t appear to be up yet, you&#39;ll be able to find them at:

http://www.offtotheraces.net/timecards.html

The timing system used by WDC is not compatible with mylaps I have heard :( .

It&#39;s nice of them you go though the effort to put it out somewhere don&#39;t you think?

Gregg
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB&#39;s DisplayIT (http://www.amb-it.com/shop/amer/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_24&products_id=46&osCsid=ce88b765f2c406256441eb9c2f37c2dd) hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5. Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we&#39;ll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.

So, what do you do w/ your clevis when you&#39;re not at the track? :P

mlytle
09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by EV@Sep 8 2005, 12:28 PM
The timing system used by WDC is not compatible with mylaps I have heard :( .

It&#39;s nice of them you go though the effort to put it out somewhere don&#39;t you think?

concur! i appreciate the effort for t&s to post it...anywhere! :)

EV
09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 8 2005, 01:37 PM
Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB&#39;s DisplayIT (http://www.amb-it.com/shop/amer/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_24&products_id=46&osCsid=ce88b765f2c406256441eb9c2f37c2dd) hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5. Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we&#39;ll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.

So, what do you do w/ your clevis when you&#39;re not at the track? :P

Didn&#39;t know that... Wonder if they will look towards posting that information next season. Maybe with all your computer savy, you could volunteer to do that for T&S. Afterall, it&#39;s a club...

On the clevis, PM me. I will send you the video ;)

Gregg
09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by EV@Sep 8 2005, 11:31 AM
On the clevis, PM me. I will send you the video ;)

OK, maybe I don&#39;t want to know what you use your clevis for.

As for offering help, perhaps you&#39;d like the transcripts of my offers of help to right the ship as far as the region&#39;s web affairs.

If you were listening at the Open Comp meeting, Bill, the T&S chief stated her dire opposition to posting to MyLaps. As you know, sometimes being a member of a club doesn&#39;t necessarily give you any sway in someone&#39;s little fiefdom. :blink:

Terry Hanushek
09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Gregg

Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB&#39;s hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5.

Although the transponder input is captured by AMB, all results are published using the Monitor T&S software. MyLaps cannot accept input from Monitor.

Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we&#39;ll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.

Currently the DC Region results are posted on a web site ( http://www.offtotheraces.net ) donated by a region member and maintained by another region member. As you may have noticed, there has been some difficulty updating and maintaining the region web site in the past year. I am sure than when these problems are resolved, results will again be posted on the region site as they have been fro several years. Bill Stuart and Tom Hoffman have been posting these results and should be thanked for their support opf the MARRS series. :happy204:

Terry

Gregg
09-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Agreed, Terry. We&#39;re all thankful, but some of us (OK, me) feel there might be a better way. :smilie_pokal:

spnkzss
09-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 8 2005, 03:17 PM
Agreed, Terry. We&#39;re all thankful, but some of us (OK, me) feel there might be a better way. :smilie_pokal:

Especially in this day and age of computers. Nothings impossible. Sometimes you need to think outside of the box. For those of you that can&#39;t get into the box...... think :)

mlytle
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Terry Hanushek@Sep 8 2005, 07:09 PM
Gregg
Although the transponder input is captured by AMB, all results are published using the Monitor T&S software. MyLaps cannot accept input from Monitor.
Currently the DC Region results are posted on a web site ( http://www.offtotheraces.net ) donated by a region member and maintained by another region member. As you may have noticed, there has been some difficulty updating and maintaining the region web site in the past year. I am sure than when these problems are resolved, results will again be posted on the region site as they have been fro several years. Bill Stuart and Tom Hoffman have been posting these results and should be thanked for their support opf the MARRS series. :happy204:

Terry

any idea when bill and tom will be able to post the labor day results? i have been surprised by how fast they they were getting up last few marrs. seems to be taking more time for labor day...hope all is well.

marshall

Tru55ell
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
There are results over at the NESCCA homepage.........can be found off of the DC regions site

mlytle
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Tru55ell@Sep 8 2005, 10:56 PM
There are results over at the NESCCA homepage.........can be found off of the DC regions site

i got paper copies of those from being there. i should have been more specific, i am looking for the lap time sheets that get posted to offtotheraces.net.

rallyvolvo
09-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 7 2005, 06:39 PM
But there was some really sketchy moves coming from the middle and back of the pack. And the officials did NOTHING!!!! :bash_1_:

Well Dave, that makes me even more annoyed that the stewards were hassling me on my Novice permit, making me keep the stripes for Monday&#39;s race. They were concerned about the "notes" that I had for saturday and sunday, which consisted of twice pulling off the escape road in one, because of my stupid stripped out shift lever. (I now have one with real threads...) and once pulling off in a controlled manner inside the carosel because the ground to my fuel pump relay was bad and caused the car to stall. <_< Not as though I&#39;m a danger to myself and others here... Its been a race car for 15 years, its going to have these problems...

JoelG
09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by rallyvolvo@Sep 9 2005, 02:43 AM
Well Dave, that makes me even more annoyed that the stewards were hassling me on my Novice permit, making me keep the stripes for Monday&#39;s race.

I&#39;m guessing that its just they way the are with Novice permits in WDCR. They asked me about a little off I had in 5 during the 12hr. I just explained it was due to a flat tire and they signed my book.

mgyip
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JoelG@Sep 9 2005, 09:48 AM
I&#39;m guessing that its just they way the are with Novice permits in WDCR. They asked me about a little off I had in 5 during the 12hr. I just explained it was due to a flat tire and they signed my book.

That&#39;s exactly what the Stewards are looking for - cognitive awareness. There was a blissful lack of it during more than a few race groups during the OG Racing Labor Day double... :bash_1_:

mowog
09-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Some drivers feel the Stewards should take care of problem drivers when numberous calls and complaints have been recorded. Some Stewards feel the drivers should take care of it themselves (yet they often discourage protests). One approach that has worked when other attempts to "explain" to someone that their behavior isn&#39;t appredicated it to get together with your peers - like about 30-50 of them-and go to the other person&#39;s paddock area for a little "discussion" on improving some driving "skills". Often peer (gang) pressure will get the point across. If at the next race there is noticable improvement, make sure you take a little time to be friendly and sociable so the person knows they are back in the fold so to speak.

dave parker
09-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Nick
Unfortunately you are mistaken in your perception. As I explained to you at your first race, your JOB when racing on a novice permit is to take the green flag and the checkered flag without incident. Meaning there should be no calls on the flaggers radio net about your car number. All of your stops on the side of the course resulted in calls on the flaggers radio net to race control with your car number being mentioned. So what occurred is that you did have "incidents" although they were not on track or metal to metal. But they made you keep your novice stripes on Monday because you did have an incident. For me, I will do a better job in the future explaining to driver&#39;s what "incident" means. I am sorry if I was unclear on this.

Now the next thing to discuss is how individual stewards handle things. Some just want an explanation, some will let stuff like that go, some get worked up about it. Unfortunately as drivers that is something that we have no control over. I have found that the most painless way to deal with stewards is to not argue the point with them. A good case in point is my disqualification at MARRS 4 for contact. The stewards held a hearing and found against me. I accepted their ruling that day without arguement, found additional evidence after the race weekend that exonerated me, and filed an appeal. The Court of Appeals found in my favor and overturned the disqualification. The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time.

You had a good weekend. I think that once you get the mechanical issues with Sven sorted things will all come together for you. Good luck and keep your wits about you.

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

jordanmotorsports
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Gregg... You need to update your avatar.

theracinglawyer
09-10-2005, 09:53 AM
"The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time"

Well said

Dave Parker, we need to keep saying this to ourselfs and all our friends in racing as it will make the sport that much more enjoyable.

dj10
09-10-2005, 10:40 AM
[B][I][U][SIZE=7]THANKS WORKERS!!!
FROM WHAT I SAW YOU DID A HELL OF A JOB.
dj10

Tru55ell
09-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Just wondering what happened to you on Monday? I was outside turn 6 and didnt see what happened to you. I was really hoping you would get that win! :smilie_pokal:

dj10
09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Tru55ell@Sep 10 2005, 05:54 PM
Just wondering what happened to you on Monday? I was outside turn 6 and didnt see what happened to you. I was really hoping you would get that win! :smilie_pokal:

If you are writing to me. I blew a radiator hose, it started to go in 2 but let loose in the shute.

dave parker
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by theracinglawyer@Sep 10 2005, 08:53 AM
"The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time"

Well said

Dave Parker, we need to keep saying this to ourselfs and all our friends in racing as it will make the sport that much more enjoyable.

Mike

Thanks. It is not often that little gems like that come from me. :D But sometimes even the town idiot has something topical to say. I do honestly believe that statement is the way we should treat ALL of our fellow club members.

As I have said to another regular on this forum "Anything I will say in public I have already said to your face in private." :)

Thanks for coming by the store,too. It was good seeing both you and Mark. :023:

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Gregg
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
It&#39;s a long-time coming but I just wanted to post up Ray Lee Chee&#39;s video of the MARRS 8 (Sunday) ITA race.

http://www.ginsberg.org/video/marrs05/m8-9/m805.wmv

Sure, it&#39;s self-serving but he had a great race for his 1st time to Summit and, besides being right up front the whole time, had a great view of Kirk Dohne&#39;s and my battle. After Brett gave us a gift on lap one (and then took the track record in return), Kirk and I were door-to-door or nose-to-tail for most of the entire 16 laps and swapped the lead four times.

Enjoy!

Gregg
09-27-2005, 07:19 PM
And thanks to the generosity of others you can now get this much easier:

http://edomoto.com/racing/m805.wmv

moto62
09-28-2005, 12:23 AM
No fancy lipstick cams here. Just a good ol&#39; Sony digi 8 handycam that Kim was holding on to. Just kidding :lol: Hey Gregg, How about Mondays race where I actually went faster and also had some bangage at the end? ^_^

Gregg
09-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I didn&#39;t get your Monday race footage from Kirk, but we noticed one huge difference (which might account for your times)...as opposed to Kirk & I, you actually hit apexes :023: :happy204:

I was dealing with some serious understeer both days (esp. @ T5), having just gotten my shocks back from that God of Compression & Rebound, Lee Grimes. Unfortunately, I surmise they came back far different than they went out (not counting the straight rods).

You kicked ass for never having been there before and I look forward to running w/ you again. I&#39;ll definitely try to work my way up north next year as it looks like a given that MARRS is heading to Mid-Ohio for WOR Games. I have some unfinished business at the Glen.

RP Performance
09-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 27 2005, 02:28 AM
It&#39;s a long-time coming but I just wanted to post up Ray Lee Chee&#39;s video of the MARRS 8 (Sunday) ITA race.

http://www.ginsberg.org/video/marrs05/m8-9/m805.wmv

Sure, it&#39;s self-serving but he had a great race for his 1st time to Summit and, besides being right up front the whole time, had a great view of Kirk Dohne&#39;s and my battle. After Brett gave us a gift on lap one (and then took the track record in return), Kirk and I were door-to-door or nose-to-tail for most of the entire 16 laps and swapped the lead four times.

Enjoy!

Thanks Greg for letting everyone see my F-up in turn three. My car left the track faster then I remember. See you guys at MARRS 10.

Gregg
09-28-2005, 09:10 AM
No problem, Brett. After being humble enough to post mine from M1 it was the least I could do. :P