PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everybody From the new member RJ

rj325its
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
First at all I want to introduce my self.
My name is Rafael But everybody calls me RAPHA or RJ
I'm from Atlanta GA.
I been working on my project ITS for almost 1 year 1/2 now. 1993 325is
I'm 25 years old and I call me self " RACERONABUGET"

Is time for me to get headers, I tried the jet-hot, but as soon as they came in I open the box and I notice the welding was on the inside of the runners not on the outside. <_<

I try to install&#39;em but one of them did not fit the down pipe..

I tried them with a open exhaust system and did not feel any improvement.

So I start the quest one more time asking around what is the best system I can go with for my ITS car.

Bobby and james clay plus a couple of racers advise me to go with Kromerkraft

But on time I stop by sunbelt and they were shipping out and ITS engine, and the engine had the TMS shorty headers I asked on of the guys why those and not Kromerkraft, he said it was the racers choise.

My buget will allow me to get the $899 shorty headers, but If I have to get the $1,599.00 Kromerkraft header It will hurt my pocket big time.

So since is such a big amount I will like to know WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEM?

KROMERKRAFT HEADERS OR TMS SHORTY HEADERS ????????? :unsure:

bimmerpower
08-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by rj325its@Aug 10 2005, 04:15 AM
First at all I want to introduce my self.
My name is Rafael But everybody calls me RAPHA or RJ
I&#39;m from Atlanta GA.
I been working on my project ITS for almost 1 year 1/2 now. 1993 325is
I&#39;m 25 years old and I call me self " RACERONABUGET"

Is time for me to get headers, I tried the jet-hot, but as soon as they came in I open the box and I notice the welding was on the inside of the runners not on the outside. <_<

I try to install&#39;em but one of them did not fit the down pipe..

I tried them with a open exhaust system and did not feel any improvement.

So I start the quest one more time asking around what is the best system I can go with for my ITS car.

Bobby and james clay plus a couple of racers advise me to go with Kromerkraft

But on time I stop by sunbelt and they were shipping out and ITS engine, and the engine had the TMS shorty headers I asked on of the guys why those and not Kromerkraft, he said it was the racers choise.

My buget will allow me to get the $899 shorty headers, but If I have to get the $1,599.00 Kromerkraft header It will hurt my pocket big time.

So since is such a big amount I will like to know WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEM?

KROMERKRAFT HEADERS OR TMS SHORTY HEADERS ????????? :unsure:

The KromerKraft headers are the way to go. Once you take one look at them, you will know they were worth it. They are a work of art. Their performance is awesome. They are the only way to go imho. If you are unsure about performance, talk to james@BW. He is a very honest / straight forward guy and will tell you flat out when you are wasting your $$ and when you are not. he has turned me away from buying things a couple of times ( to his detriment ) when he didnt think the bang for buck was there. I know when i did the KK, he felt strongly about the bang for buck. and i guarantee he has done the dynos to prove it.

good luck btw on racing a BMW on a budget :)... an E36 is not the car i would think of when trying to do a budget car.

wade powell
95 325i ITS - Cen Div/Area 5

rj325its
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bimmerpower@Aug 10 2005, 08:38 AM
The KromerKraft headers are the way to go. Once you take one look at them, you will know they were worth it. They are a work of art. Their performance is awesome. They are the only way to go imho. If you are unsure about performance, talk to james@BW. He is a very honest / straight forward guy and will tell you flat out when you are wasting your $$ and when you are not. he has turned me away from buying things a couple of times ( to his detriment ) when he didnt think the bang for buck was there. I know when i did the KK, he felt strongly about the bang for buck. and i guarantee he has done the dynos to prove it.

good luck btw on racing a BMW on a budget :)... an E36 is not the car i would think of when trying to do a budget car.
wade powell
95 325i ITS - Cen Div/Area 5

thanks.

You know what I have the same feeling, that if I see them I would make up my mind but I have look everywhere and no pics or whatsoever just a description 6 into 1 with a oval 3" colector.

I will love to see them.

Guest_BMW RACER_*
08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
RJ.

I agree with every single word of Wades! I went for the whole system, on recommendation from James Clay. I kept thinking "man this is a lot of money for an exhaust" but as soon as I opened the box I thought "No its not" I love my KromerKrafts. Step up, you&#39;ll be glad you did.

John Norris

rj325its
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Guest_BMW RACER_*@Aug 10 2005, 02:10 PM
RJ.

I agree with every single word of Wades! I went for the whole system, on recommendation from James Clay. I kept thinking "man this is a lot of money for an exhaust" but as soon as I opened the box I thought "No its not" I love my KromerKrafts. Step up, you&#39;ll be glad you did.

John Norris

I don&#39;t know if this will be asking for too much but I never seen them before. Do you have any pics????

Thank you.

kthomas
08-11-2005, 09:46 PM
If this is your first experience racing then go with the cheaper. You have 2-3 years of experience to gain before a few horsepower one way or the other is going to matter. you can give up 20hp easily in an ITS car and still hang with the lead pack if your driving is worthy of $1600 headers. Plus, when you wreck, cheap headers crush just as easily as expensive ones.

If you are already an accomplished racer in another class then in the immortal words of Rosanne Rosanna Danna, "Never Mind". :smilie_pokal: