PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock ITB results?

TimM ITB
08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
If anyone has the results, would you mind posting them? I was pretty disgusted with myself after starting 8th (not too bad) and passing a few guys on the first 2 laps (getting better), and then spinning into the dirt on the outside of the front straight after coming down the "Downhill" (pretty stupid!) on the third lap. I did not stick around long enough to see what kind of times were run, nor the final positions. I may have been lucky enough to break the top 15?? Bad. Bad.

But, the good news is that I had a blast racing Phil Cardoza (sp?) in the newly ITB'd white Honda (ex-ITA) for about 10 laps. A lot of fun in the back of the pack. Plus, VERY cool to be able to have our own run group. Gotta recruit lots of ITB drivers so that can happen again.

So, I have been looking at the mylaps.com site but nothing is up yet, and if I remember correctly, NNJR had a problem getting them to that website last race?

Anyway, looking forward to NHIS and "re-setting" my car BACK to the suspension tuning that I so brilliantly :bash_1_: decided to change for this race. If I only had a brain.............

later,

Tim M

itbgti
08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Tim,

1) S. Carlson 1:04.8
2) R. Gleason 1:05.1
3)N. Wentworth 1:06.07
4)G. Subtelny 1:05.04
5)A. Lourenco 1:05.8

13) T Mullen 1:06.29

On a personal note, I had my absolute BEST race ever....I qualified fourth, and managed to take the lead at the start...I held it for two laps, then Scott got by...then Gleason one lap later...then I was in third for about 9 laps until I started watching my mirrors WAAAAYYY to much, and then Nat got by.....lapped traffic held us up, which allowed Greg to catch up, who passed me, and then we all finished up.

I had a BLAST, and it is VERY different racing up front with these guys...I need to worry more about racing, and far less about someone doing something "goofy".

Regards,
Alan

granracing
08-09-2005, 08:23 AM
ITB had its own run group - very cool!! How many ITB cars were there in total?

TimM ITB
08-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Alan - thanks for the update (kind of). I am glad that the race was as good as it was - I should have been up there with you!!!! But, no one to blame but me.

Dave - I believe that there were 22 to 23 cars on race day. A couple of guys showed up on Saturday morning so I am not positive.

Tim M

JLawton
08-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by TimM ITB@Aug 9 2005, 01:34 AM
I was pretty disgusted with myself after starting 8th

Gee, thanks Tim. I appreciate you bursting my bubble for starting 7th!! :P

Alan, do you have 6th on? With times? Thanks!

Having out own run group was fantastic!! It's been awhile since I've experienced that!! It looked liked a pretty clean race, although a couple guys need to buy rally tires!! I don't think we had any yellows during practice or qualifying.

67ITB
08-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Aug 9 2005, 12:48 PM

It looked liked a pretty clean race, although a couple guys need to buy rally tires!!

Hey Jeff,
Watch what you say. I resemble that remark. :)
You mean you don’t all run dirt stockers in the dry?? I still want to see that video

Matt

rbt510
08-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Alan,

Your new car (and rig) looked great. I wish they had put ITC with your group, since they moved us anyway. I think it would have been better than what they did (putting us with SSM, SSB, SSC).

Sounds like the new car is going to be a lot of fun. My race was just like yours. Stared 5th, jumped to 3rd on the start, only to lose both positions at the end due to traffic and watching the mirrors to much......

Great to see you. :happy204:

Bob T.

RSTPerformance
08-10-2005, 12:29 PM
22 to 23 ITB cars!!! That is great... Next season will surely be fun provided you all stick around and the class continues to grow with the increasing numbers of cars :) I still think this is the best class, with the most potential different make of cars with the ability to win the race... How many different makes of cars were within 1.5 seconds of the leaders lap times???

Any chance at getting full results???

the16v.com any pictures???

Raymond

JLawton
08-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Info is up on my laps.com

Andy Bettencourt
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by JLawton@Aug 10 2005, 02:39 PM
Info is up on my laps.com

Got it...nice!

AB

16v
08-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Aug 10 2005, 04:29 PM

the16v.com any pictures???

Raymond

sorry, I'm pretty much only following the NER events this season - with a couple of exceptions for National events