PDA

View Full Version : Question for you NEDiv guys

imported_Webmaster
08-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Guys,
Do you want a sub forum for NYSRRC, NARRC etc?
Perhaps a place to discuss series rules, points, etc? :smilie_pokal:

Also was thinking a "Race Track" forums woudl be good but up in the "General Forums" area.

Looking for ideas since this forum software is much easier to "nest" forums, topicsa, etc.

Andy Bettencourt
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I think a NARRC section would be great.

AB

spnkzss
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Webmaster@Aug 8 2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys,
Do you want a sub forum for NYSRRC, NARRC etc?
Perhaps a place to discuss series rules, points, etc? :smilie_pokal:

Also was thinking a "Race Track" forums woudl be good but up in the "General Forums" area.

Looking for ideas since this forum software is much easier to "nest" forums, topicsa, etc.

I like the idea of a track based forum in the General Forum.

By the way, love the new site, and...... THANKS!! :happy204:

Spanky
#03 ITC 1990 Honda Civic WDCR

Gregg
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know if we generate enough traffic to warrant a forum for each and every series. I currently don't have an issue quickly finding a relevant post just by glancing in the NEDiv forum.

As for the track-related forums, I guess I'd need to know a little bit more of what you had in mind because I think they would find a better home as a subset of "Driving Technique" which is already touted as "Go faster. Track tips, car control, driving techniques."

dickita15
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I agree with gregg. there are some topic in the norteast section that are series specific but some are good NE general interest.

great site

turboICE
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I can see good reasons for sub-forums and at the same time why not.

If I subscribed to a forum section for all topics posted to it - then this would be a helpful filter. I generally do not because I am not interested in even 50% of a section's posts. Further refinement of topic in a subforum could encourage me to subscribe to that section.

Since I don't subscribe to sections in general - I can also appreciate not having to go into multiple levels of subforums to see what is new - just clicking NE Div only is easier and the volume has never been such that there were so many topics that if I have been away for a week I couldn't catch up in 5 minutes from the existing forum only.

imported_Webmaster
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Race Track" forums woudl be good but up in the "General Forums" area

Not planning to put a racetrack section in each Regional Forum. Just one in the main "General" forum section.

Keep the feedback coming! :023:

gran racing
08-09-2005, 08:33 AM
I'd rather not have more sub forums. As previously said, the volume really isn't so high that one can't quickly identify the topics they are interested in. Hopefully we won't have too many sub forums; it is much quicker and easier to not break down the categories too much.

08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 9 2005, 07:33 AM
I'd rather not have more sub forums. As previously said, the volume really isn't so high that one can't quickly identify the topics they are interested in. Hopefully we won't have too many sub forums; it is much quicker and easier to not break down the categories too much.

I agree w/Dave - I like having only one place to look. sccaforums is nearly unusable with all the subcatagories - and many of them only have one post a month