PDA

View Full Version : Tire rack?

m glassburner
06-07-2005, 11:29 AM
I need to get one/or build one. What do you have/recomend? I have a 20ft. inclosed trailer and will be keeping them (tires)inside...thanx!

Bill Miller
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Try the 'shoring beams' that hook into E-track. That way you can take them out easily, if you have to.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

turboICE
06-07-2005, 02:15 PM
My intent is to go the e-track method as well with the 20' I just picked up.

The other alternative is to fabricate or purchase aluminum folding racks available from a few places.

mlytle
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
look about 5 threads down in this forum. there is already a thread about tire racks and shoring beams....

Vantage #51
06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
ours has e-track,removable, but once we set it, it has not moved,except when you forget it is there and try and move it with your head.It does not go far, however you usually end up on the floor in the fetal position.
Derek

Ron Earp
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Jeff and I took the cheap way - we constructed on out of 2x4s in the front of the trailer. Mounted it using standard hardware and it works quite well. Will hold about 8-10 tires depending on width and thus far no troubles. Front of my trailer is slanted so this was the best thing we could come up with to use that funny space. I'll get a pic up later if anyone cares to see what that looks like. Cost about $15 and 3 hours at the track - car was broke so at least I had something to do.

R

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

DavidM
06-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I found a couple tire racks on the web that are made out of the same stuff as those rivet shelves. They're really meant for your garage, but I figure it'll work just as well in the trailer. I plan on bolting it to the floor as well as the trailer wall. The one I wound up getting is 5' long with two levels and will hold 16 tires. It's really longer than I wanted and I may see if I can shorten it once I get it. The best part is it's fairly light weight and only cost me $60 + shipping. Of course, I have plenty of floor space and didn't feel like spending $200 a pop on the 4' wall mounted racks. Google on "rivet tire rack" if you want more info.

David