PDA

View Full Version : Finally brought home an enclosed trailer

handfulz28
03-04-2005, 03:29 PM
I bought a Haulmark Thrifty Hauler 8.5x24 with 10k axles and the "Thrifty Package". My thoughts so far:
I picked it up direct at the factory. While I save the delivery charge, apparently that means I have to return to the factory for any warranty service. A real bummer since I've since discovered one of my chrome corners is messed up and doesn't allow the light to seal properly.
The "package" includes 4 d-rings. With all the talk recently about E-track, I was wondering how to make a backing plate for all those mounting points. Turns out that there's a 6" wide strip of metal that runs from the rear d-rings to the front. Pretty cool, if that's where you want your e-track.

Now I've got to think about improvements:
I found a polyurethane/oil based paint at Home Depot that looks like it'd be a pretty good product to paint the interior. HD sells a Behr non-skid additive too.

Finally, security:
Has anyone thought of installing a car alarm in their trailer, or perhaps even a Lojack? Overkill maybe, but the first theft attempt it would prevent would be worth it.
Thanks for reading. Any ideas, tips, suggestions are welcomed.
Michael

tderonne
03-04-2005, 08:33 PM
When your at Home Depot, talk a stroll over to the closet aisle. They have all sorts of wire racks and baskets. There's a couple made for the backsides of doors. Much like a PitPal rack, but WAY cheaper. And wire racks don't collect dripped oil and crud.

lateapex911
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
And they also sell this thin, shiny, white 4 x 8 material that is perfect for walls as opposed to painting.

Contact cement and you're done. Way easier to clean, and bright too.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]