PDA

View Full Version : trailer floor

BC
01-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I just bought a used Pace trailer with a plywood floor and would like to cleanup the interior some.
What type of floor covering are people using? I think I have 3 options; self adhesive vinyl tile (easy to put down but chips through the top layer will be essentially tears into the soft bottom layer), Armstrong Excelon Commercial Floor Tile (it is not soft and the color is all the way through the tile so it will not show gouges), or Rolled vinyl sheet (one continues sheet but again chips through the top layer will be essentially tears and it is kind of soft so the tires will probably leave indents).
Do the squares work? Do the edges peal up with trailer flex?
Are the factory floors 1 piece? Solid material or like the vinyl sheet at Home Depot that have foam under a top layer of hard surface?
Does the vinyl sheet hold up to the car rolling and sitting on it?
What material have people used successfully?

Thanks
Bill

mlytle
01-23-2005, 11:54 AM
how much do you want to spend?

vinyl tile works, but hot tires pull it up.

the ultimate is to have the floor sprayed with pick up truck bed liner.

lateapex911
01-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I am very pleased with my Pergo engineered floor. Easy to clean, easy to install, and if you spend time in yuor trailer it's worth a look.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ITANorm
01-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Personally, I did 3 coats of epoxy paint with builders' sand sprinkled on between the last 2 coats for traction. The reasons were: less cost, less weight, and fewer potential problems than any of the other options I considered.

67ITB
01-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Jake,
Is that the same Pergo that my wife wants to use in our kitchen? Or do they have another division or commercial line of the stuff?

Matt Bal

johng
01-25-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm doing what ITANORM did. I would've rather had Rhino or Line-X done, but that option was too expensive (I was quoted $2500 from Rhino). The next option was the do-it-yourself bedliner kits and the cheapest one I found was a product called Durabak found at http://www.nonslipcoating.com/ . They wanted about $300 for 4 gallons, enough to do a 24' enclosed. I was going to spray it on myself. I ended up getting a deal through a friend on Benjamin Moore M45/M46 epoxy mastic two-part coating in black. Just need to wait until it warms up outside before I roll it on.

$.02
John

VW16VRacer
01-29-2005, 12:04 AM
John

I see they have "Avocado Green" non slip coating, fits well into the whole theme....

Jon

johng
01-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Haha... nice one Jon. Remind me to spill your tool box again. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif