PDA

View Full Version : Advice on the best 24' enclosed trailer

Bildon
01-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Looking for advice on the best 24' enclosed trailer deal?

I'm going to look at used, but if I can't find what I like then I will buy new. Can't afford Aluminum http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/mad.gif so I'm looking at Haulmark, Car Mate, Pace, etc.

Which models have the best quality to price ratio?

------------------
Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport (http://www.bildon.com)
Volkswagen Racing Equipment
## 2003 ITB NYSRRC Champs ##

x-ring
01-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty happy with my Wells Cargo. It's an '86 model, and the frame welds are still all in good shape, as is the skin and roof. You hear so many stories about frames cracking, etc., that I'm really impressed at how well this one has held up.

Wells aren't the lightest trailers out there though.

------------------
Ty Till
#16 ITS
Rocky Mountain Division

BMW RACER
01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Since 1986 I've owned four TPDs. Started with a 20' box, then a 42' then a 48' naw back to a 20' bax again and I'm think of trading up a 26'-30' TPD. Do you see a pattern here? TPD is a little more expensive up front but the hold up great. I think the secret is what they are made of, Fiberglass reinforced plywood. So strong that the tailgaight is made from I think 1" FRP and doesnt need any reinforcing. Check them out at TPDTRAILERS.COM
If you want to chat offline email me. [email protected]

tdw6974
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Bill, We got a 24' Haulmark Elite II race Trailer and have been satisfied with it The Elite II has a one piece roof intead of using seams which makes it less likely to leak if stored outside. When we bought it we found prices all over the place for the same trailer with same options. ironically for the trailer we bought the Highest quoted price was the Dealer closest to haulmarks PA factory. We bought ours from a small(low overhead) Dealer in Fairport New York.

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

DavidM
01-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Ebay actually has a lot of trailers for sale. You have to be willing to travel to go pick it up (though some actually will deliver based on milage).

It seemed a lot of the people wanted more for their trailers than people were willing to pay, though. A good portion of the auctions I watched never had their reserve met. I won an auction where the reserve wasn't met and tried to see if the guy would just sell it to me, but the price he quoted was more than I was going to pay.

It's another place to look.

David

Joe Harlan
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
I have to say if you can afford the front end cost the TPD is the right way to go. Second choice would be a Pace. Get all you can get in the purchase because adding later costs way more. Also look very serious at 10,000lb GVW no matter if you think you will need it. You will end up needing it eventually...

Tom Donnelly
01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I had a Pace Shadow for years and it was great. My overall favorites are:

Pace Shadow
Classic Dominator (NHRA)
Haulmark Edge
Featherlite gooseneck (NASCAR)

I didn't go for all the extra stuff in my trailer, just wood floor, plywood walls. I installed e-track on the walls. I'm glad I didn't go with a squeaky clean white and ATP interior. I would have just beaten the hell out of it the first weekend. (I had tire marks on the ceiling first time out). And you can get all kinds of aftermarket cabinets and such. And install your own wiring.

Just for fun go look at a Goldrush trailer. If a Pace is $7500, a Goldrush is $34,000!!

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Donnelly (edited January 04, 2005).]

Dick Elliott
01-04-2005, 07:29 PM
TRACKMASTER in DALLAS! The one I have is 26 years old and sill going strong. Talk to Lewis Irvine.

Tom Donnelly
01-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Bill,

This looks like a pretty good price for a 24' trailer with ATP floor.

http://www.exploreus.com/trailershop/track...terdragster.htm (http://www.exploreus.com/trailershop/trackmasterdragster.htm)

Tom

Quickshoe
01-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Bildon,

Quality to price ratio...Interstate West was the best IMHO.

Similar in build quality to the Haulmark/Pace line but about 75-80% the cost out here.

If you look at the Haulmarks and Paces and think that is a nice trailer but too much money, then Interstate will be for you.

If you look at them and think I need a nicer trailer than that, then you need to be looking at the TPD and Featherlites. Better built, but priced accordingly. Not a better value in my mind.

If you look at them and think that is nicer than I really need. I'd be willing to get 2/3 the trailer for 2/3 the price then look at Carson, Az-Tek and Mighty Movers. Too many concessions in features and quality to justify the savings for me.

on edit--my grammar done sucks, so do my spellins' http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Quickshoe (edited January 05, 2005).]

wally
01-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Drop me a email or a call 800-872-2833 ext 102. [email protected]

Wally Ruanto
Trailer World Inc.