PDA

View Full Version : G Force 545 Race Suit

Hammer
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Does anyone have an opinion good or bad on the new G Force 545 race suit. Is it a good value at $399 or are there better buys in the $400-$600 price range.

Prophet
03-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I ordered the 505 suit and it seems to be the hot ticket item. I ordered one and was promptly told it was on backorder when I called the distributor to get a tracking number. I would check to see if it is made of FR Cotton or Nomex. *Edit* Just checked it is multi-layer Nomex.

After calling saferacer I was then directed at another suit made by Ultra Shield. Saferacer gave me the suit for the same price of the 505 and its the multi layer nomex instead of the FR Cotten.

Check out the Ultra-Sheild. It is $100 cheaper, but I am by no means an expert. This is my first suit. Old adage says, "You get what you pay for."

-Jeremy-

dave parker
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Hammer
The Gforce 545 suit is an excellent multi layer NOMEX suit for its price point. You get many of the features found in the much higher priced european suits like 360 degree shoulder gussets and the stretch nomex back panel. All this for just 399.00 american dollars. The only downside to the Gforce 545 suit is that it is only SFI certified, so if your racing ventures took you outside the US you would need an FIA homologated suit.
There are lots of deals out there on discontiued european made nomex suits also, but you cannot always get the size/color that you want.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask.
cheers
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

Hammer
03-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the response Dave. I am probably a size 66 in the European made suits which limits my choices. Saferacer had a deal on a discontinued Sparco, but did not have my size in blue. I have heard good things about the G-Force suit and I am currently using a five year old Auto Pro sleeping bag model suit racing in Florida, so any change will be a good one.