PDA

View Full Version : 30,000 for Lancer EVO - gone sour

Cheers!
10-31-2003, 03:20 PM
support your fellow car enthusists

For all the ebay users out there, i'm sure if u have been around ebay enough u would've gotten burned by now. I myself got burned a greddy boost gauge 30 USD.

BUt how about 30,000 USD?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread...25&pagenumber=1 (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442510&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

I think this may be a repost though... sorry if it isn't.

Pls support your fellow car enthusists

rage_racing
11-03-2003, 12:28 AM
this is getting insane 200+ message boards
definately good reading to say the least

ebay is refusing to fix the problem and are backing the seller who , just said screw ebay policy.. I dunno I have to agree with the boards out there if ebay wont do anything to make these sales right then why should I trust Buying or selling my stuff there any more. just my .02

Joe Craven
11-03-2003, 02:23 AM
I read it too, it has gotten insane. I'd love to read the final resolution w/o all the yelling, infighting etc. I've had problems on EBay and did little to punish fraudulent sellers.

#37 ITB

joeg
11-04-2003, 11:05 AM
There is no real fraud here; just a possible deceptive business practice and, maybe, a breach of contract.

"Real" fraud would have been taking the deposit or swithching cars to a different model.

The gilted buyer's recourse is to retain a lawyer in the locale of the dealer and sue for breach of contract. Given that he is likely to spend as much on litigation as his perceived "loss" on the aborted eBay transaction, this is pretty moot.

Ebay is not a consummer protection agency.

122 Vega
11-04-2003, 03:45 PM
In Trade Law, you can recover all legal fees. This would have been legal for them to end due to thier discalimer, however the auction ended making it a legal binding contract. My wife specializes in Consumer Law and Contracts and I am asking her to review the case for fun.

Britt

------------------
Soon to be SSC Mazda MP3

Vintage Cosworth Vega