07-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Came across this while surfing. Don't know anything about this company. FYI
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/misc_alumracingjk.html

zracer22
07-17-2003, 11:19 AM
The price is now down to $119.99

jake7140
07-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Yes, this does appear to be the exact same one that Harbor Freight sells.

------------------
Steve
[email protected]
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
</A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
</A>

tderonne
07-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Darn, $26 shipping, $146 at my door. Almost the same as my now local Harbor Freight.

Wonder if they'll price match the ad? Anyone try that?

rgrunenw
07-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Down to $99.95. Too good to be true?

tdw6974
07-20-2003, 07:33 AM
Friend of ours had bought the Jack when Harbor freight had them for 89.95 but as demand rose so did the Price. I went to Better business site and found info on the seller. has 30 complaints for various reasons now if its 30 out of 25,000 sales not big deal but if its 30out of 50?? that might be a different story. Anyone have a HF store so they could try a "Price match" the closest one for us is about 125 mile drive one way and if they said NOPE would not be cost effective. If it dropped another 20 bucks might be worth the risk. anyone in CA? says they have a retail store. Tom Weaver Truck driver for ITA 63

tderonne
07-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Printed the link from above and went to my local Harbor Freight (Southgate, Mi.)

$211.98 later (6% sales tax here), I have a red one and my brother has a blue one.

Thanks Wayne!
(Not sure in the Harbor Freight store would say the same, but us cheapskates sure do.)

tdw6974
08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Went to local Harbor freight store(2 hour drive) with the ad in hand was lots of debate and I reminded then there was a big sign when you come in the door about matching prices Then they insisted I get a silver jack and the only thing they had in silver was a "long Frame" that sold for 199.99 so I got that for 99.99. From looking around store the prices are different than the catalog on many of the items. while i was there there were quit a few returns(Hmmm)

Quickshoe
08-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Everytime that my tight arse buys something there I regret it. I have 2 within 20 miles of me and their main warehouse is less than 100 miles.

I've never bought any air tools, hand tools, or items which I would use more than 2-3x per year from them. But, I recently purchased an engine hoist from them. Well, it worked while getting the motor off the stand and into the back of a truck, but didn't when it was time to remove it from the truck to put back in the chassis.

I returned it and the first guy hastled me, because it was used (6 days old!) He said that people buy them, use them, and try to return them, rather than rent one. No such story with me. I had a receipt in hand from the rental yard, since I had to rent one to finish the job. The manager comes to "authorize the return" and says that it was the first hoist he has had returned in years! Go figure.

I know that those who are purchasing this jack from HF aren't mistaking it for the "real" thing. Anymore, than I thought that my engine hoist would survive very long at the local pick-a-part. But, I've finally learned. Their bargain priced cut off wheels, chop saw blades, and other abrassives are also junk, cheaply priced and last about 1/5 the time as the good stuff that's about 4x the price.

pgipson
08-01-2003, 08:45 PM
I've posted before about my experience with the HF 35 lb floorjack (bought at 179.99 unfortunately). But it is strictly an "at the track" jack. One side of the car at a time. I have never been able to get either front or rear of my RX7 balanced on the jack so that it doesn't tilt when lifted. I still believe the arm with the jack pad is flexing as it moves upward and allows the load to move. For that reason I only use it change tires.

joeg
08-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Bought one this weekend at the local HF store; they matched the linked $99.99 price.

I have a PACE aluminum jack I purchased 7 years ago for mucho bucks.

This will be a good back-up and I could not pass on the price!

tdw6974
08-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Quickshoe, I did notice "as the debate was going on" about the price match that I did not see any "national Brand" tools although main catalog list them. The stream of returns was pretty steady maybe it was a off Day.

Greg Gauper
09-28-2003, 01:06 PM
I've been noticing in our Sunday paper, ads for Checker Auto (an auto parts store chain) and they have been advertising a aluminum floor jack capable of 3000# and designed for low ground clearence cars. The price has come down over the last few months. Today's price is $134 after $10 mail in rebate. Anybody bought on of these? Checker is a little more convienent than Harbor Freight so at the very least I can see one in person.

Bill Miller
09-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Greg,

If it's a U.S. General brand, it's the same as the HF jack. Although, I can't imagine multiple versions of this thing at the same price.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

planet6racing
09-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Greg:

There is an HF store in Milwaukee with plenty of Aluminum Jacks in stock, in case you are interested. It's over by 794 and Layton, near the airport. I can get you specific directions if you are interested.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Greg Gauper
09-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Thank's Bill

I didn't know there was one there, but I do now! I know where it is. I guess I'll compare the two and see if they are the same.

rgrunenw
10-10-2003, 07:40 PM
I have had my $99.95 aluminum jack from Surplus Computers now for about a month, and have used it a half dozen times.

A couple of the tangs broke of the saddle. Assuming nothing else falls off, it does the job OK.

Greg Amy
10-13-2003, 09:16 AM
QUALITY WARNING!

We managed to fail the HF jack this weekend. It's an easy thing for you to check and repair.

The spring surrounding the piston shaft of the jack is secured by an upper spring seat (very similar to a valve spring) and a snap ring. The piston shaft is acted upon by a roller which is located within the clevis in the handle base via a lateral pin; that lateral pin is secured in the clevis by a snap ring.

In our case the snap ring in the end of the lateral pin either broke or flew off while the jack was in the truck. The pin slid out and the roller dropped off, and we didn't notice it. When we went to use the jack we ended up having the clevis actuate directly onto the upper spring seat which damaged the clevis and broke the upper valve spring seat. We found the roller and pin in the truck. All for the lack of a $0.05 snap ring.

I'd recommend everyone checking the snap rings on both this pin and on the upper spring seat of the piston, plus any other ones you might come across.

Greg

Rex B
10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
And then there's this one for $99.95

http://www.homier.com/default.asp?page=cat...ries.asp?dept=2 (http://www.homier.com/default.asp?page=categories.asp?dept=2)

Click on "jacks"
Click on "Speedway Racing Jack" #07105

Are all these jacks different?

Bill Miller
10-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Looks the same, but hard to tell w/o a bigger picture.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608