PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Body parts

Tom Blaney
11-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Has anybody had any luck with purchasing body parts on the web? I tried to order a fender & some small parts for my CRX from a company called partscomponents.com. Charged my card and never sent the parts, had to kick and scream to get the order cancelled.

It would be pretty cool if we had some sort of deal with some of the parts wholesalers where we can get parts at body shop prices, sorta like group buying or something. I'm open .. any suggestions??

Fleetcare
11-04-2002, 11:39 PM
I need a ton of body parts... try get prices for large volumes!

Fleetcare
11-04-2002, 11:46 PM
I looked @ that site.. Those prices suck.. try finding a local place! I can get fenders for $50 each and hoods for $80.. BRAND NEW~

Tom Blaney
11-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Where and how?

Fleetcare
11-15-2002, 09:14 AM
go to a local car repair place and ask them if they can order them for you. I have friends that own 2 big places andthey pass on the savings! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

joeg
11-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Tom--I have had good luck with net purchases from bone yards.
I like the internet network used parts services that send out your request and you get a bunch of responses (Google will give you hundreds).
Obviously, for body parts you want to deal with Texas or Arizona yards. (they have less rust than even CA)

I bought an entire passenger door (represented to me as "perfect--except the paint" for $75.00 which included shipping (by Greyhound!). It was, in fact, "perfect." Just shot it black, applied the numbers and decals and bolted it on.

There are many, many "net" yards to chose from.

Cheers.

civicrr
11-16-2002, 03:43 PM
If you are in northern CA, you could try Levon. They have several stores. These are aftermarket, offshore made parts, but they are darn cheap. Primered Civic fenders for $45 delivered to my friends shop. I think it is $50 if you don't have a wholesale #. Try 1 800 fenders.

Fleetcare
11-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by civicrr:
If you are in northern CA, you could try Levon. They have several stores. These are aftermarket, offshore made parts, but they are darn cheap. Primered Civic fenders for $45 delivered to my friends shop. I think it is $50 if you don't have a wholesale #. Try 1 800 fenders.

1800 fenders doesnt work

Fleetcare
11-18-2002, 11:07 PM
Anyone have any other ideas?

I called my guy and the lead time is way to long... Anyone have a number for a place or website ?? I need 2 fenders pretty much asap and i dont wanna get screwed over!

TIA

itbgti
11-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Tom,

Please check your email.

Fleetcare,

Please post your location as well as exactly what you are looking for, I will see what I can dig up.

Regards,
Alan

Fleetcare
11-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by itbgti:
Tom,

Please check your email.

Fleetcare,

Please post your location as well as exactly what you are looking for, I will see what I can dig up.

Regards,
Alan

marietta GA. Willing to travel http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
Looking for 2 front fenders!!1 for each side

dpmurray
11-20-2002, 01:36 PM
Fleetcare,
Have you checked with Alpharetta Auto Recyclers? They specialize in Honda, Acura, and BMW. They are over here in the Alpharetta-Cumming area.

Dennis

gsbaker
11-20-2002, 07:22 PM
Oops!

I'm familiar with the biomechanical implant industry and thought I could help.

Never mind.

(Please, no silicon jokes.)

[This message has been edited by gsbaker (edited November 20, 2002).]

Fleetcare
11-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by dpmurray:
Fleetcare,
Have you checked with Alpharetta Auto Recyclers? They specialize in Honda, Acura, and BMW. They are over here in the Alpharetta-Cumming area.

Dennis

ye.. they have nothing http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

BrianB
11-22-2002, 01:12 AM
Here in Mass. There's a place called Keystone Automotive Industries Inc.
413 731 7863
They sell aftermarket body parts relatively cheap!
Good luck, BB

Fleetcare
11-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys!

I bought 2 for$95 a piece locally! better then the $115 from keystone and then have to ask a favor from a friend...

racer-025
12-30-2002, 01:09 PM
The problem with the CRX is that they built very few of them (vs Civic) in the world wide market. Thus the aftermarket parts for the CRX are very limited. The Civic was built 20-1 over the CRX, thus an endless aftermarket availability for the Civic. The Civic fender is $40 and the CRX fender is $100. Try buying a rear quarter panel for a CRX. You have to go to Honda and chuck out $400. We have actually replaced the rear cross-member in a couple of CRX's and Honda's cost was surprisingly low ($125).

This reminds me of when the Asian aftermaket fenders started 20 years ago. I ordered fenders for my 1980 Prelude (in those days here in Canada, Hondas went to the crusher after about 7 years max). When I went to install them - they were 1" longer than the factory ones. Needless to say fit & quality have been better in recent years.

cashmo
12-30-2002, 11:50 PM
I've had good luck with various http://www.car-part.com/ members.

Jeff

Bill Miller
12-31-2002, 12:27 PM
Have you guys tried JCWhitney? I know they have a lot of Rabbit and Golf (as well as bug) panels cheap. Not sure about other marques.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
SCCA 279608

Tim
01-05-2003, 10:56 PM
http://www.1autobodyparts.com/

Just ordered rabbit fenders for $34 each, nice site easy to navigate.

Eric Parham
01-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Thanks Tim, they actually listed Scirocco fenders (local tin shops don't anymore). I ordered a couple. Hope they're nice and light, um, I mean cheap http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Tim
01-17-2003, 11:02 PM
Eric, hope they work out, mine have not arrived yet. One word of caution, should have edited my original post, after they charged me $34 bucks a fender they added another $75 shipping charge. still worth the $$$ but be aware when the second charge hits.